PDA

View Full Version : I lose everything.

fire_of_avalon
08-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I don't really lose everything, but I swear things just vanish on me. Right now I can't find my nice work heels. All I can find are my crummy work shoes and three pairs of high heels that I hate. I drug everything out from under the bed, dug through the closets and even looked in the car (I do that sometimes.)

Generally I'm an organized person. Well a moderately organized person. Seriously, don't judge me. That's why when something does get lost, it's good an lost.

Do y'all lose things? Often? Are you the type of person who has the remote in your hand and spends 15 minutes looking for it? (I totally am.)

Parker
08-20-2011, 10:26 AM
I only lose my name badge and clock in card from work. I never lose anything else, just those things.

Psychotic
08-20-2011, 10:47 AM
When I saw "last post: Parker" I had assumed he had made this thread, and I came steaming in to post "Apart from your virginity :smug:" and now I feel lost. :(

Christmas
08-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I lost my mind on a regular basis. :(

Pike
08-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I lost all of my Nintendo DS games except Diddy Kong Racing about a year and a half ago and I have been sad ever since.

(Before that, it was all of my Game Boy Advance games for a good two years, so I suppose I just can't win :( )

Loony BoB
08-20-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm not, but Danielle definitely is. =|

NorthernChaosGod
08-20-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm a pretty organized person; I generally put everything back in its place as soon as I'm done with it. Only my dad is like this, because the rest of my family is messy and loses things all the time.

Parker
08-20-2011, 08:07 PM
When I saw "last post: Parker" I had assumed he had made this thread, and I came steaming in to post "Apart from your virginity :smug:" and now I feel lost. :(

Actually I already lost that ! Ur mum was very gentle!! :cool:

(I wasn't, I tore her apart :smug: )

Darkswordofchaos
08-20-2011, 08:35 PM
Are you the type of person who has the remote in your hand and spends 15 minutes looking for it? (I totally am.)

the other day i set my car keys down on the table so i could look in my pocket for my car keys lol good times

fire_of_avalon
08-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Last night I was talking to a co-worker who told me he was trying to find his phone so he could add a number to the address book while he was on his phone. Took him fifteen minutes to figure out what was going on.

The person on the other line laughed and laughed, apparently.

Freya
08-20-2011, 09:19 PM
I lose things all the time. Usually it's when someone else comes through where ever I am. I have an organized mess. If yous tart picking up and re-arranging things I can't find shit.

NorthernChaosGod
08-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Maybe you should just have a clean room then. :confused:

I Took the Red Pill
08-20-2011, 11:26 PM
http://nerdnirvana.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/conspire.gif

Peegee
08-20-2011, 11:45 PM
i lost my underarmor shirt last week . i gave up after a few days of tearing apart my room car pc area and hamper. however after doing laundry it magically appeared

right now i lost my locker lock :(

Jessweeee♪
08-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Yes. I am messy, but everything has it's own, unorganized, place. There's a method to my madness you could say. So if somebody else touches something and it doesn't get put in the exact spot it was found in, then it's just lost in a mess.

Shiny
08-21-2011, 03:27 AM
Me: Where are my glasses?!
Sister: They're in your hand.
Me: Oh. hurr derp

Pike
08-21-2011, 05:49 AM
Oh man, I misplace my glasses all the time.

Do you know how difficult it is to find your glasses when you kind of need your glasses to see?

Agent Proto
08-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Oh man, I misplace my glasses all the time.

Do you know how difficult it is to find your glasses when you kind of need your glasses to see?

Yes, and I hate it. Especially when I fall asleep with my glasses on. Often, they fall off my face and then when I wake up, I spend 5-10 minutes looking around for my glasses, and it's especially difficult when your vision is a blur.

Anyway... as for the original topic. I wouldn't say that I lose everything, but I'm not exactly neat so things could potentially get lost if I don't pay attention to them. For the most part, I rarely lose stuff, but I did manage to lose some games. Like one of my Phoenix Wright games. :( Though, I did manage to find my copy of Pokemon Diamond after I thought I had lost it. :D

Jiro
08-22-2011, 10:31 AM
I have a drawer where everything I need daily goes. The problem with this is that sometimes people touch my things and they go missing. My room is sometimes messy, but it is always a coordinated mess.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-22-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm reasonably well organized. My father is not. We currently work together.

I'm trying to find a way to set him on fire and make it look like an accident. :kakapo:

The only time I'm really bad about losing things is if I'm distracted in the middle of working on something. I'll lay down whatever it is I'm using someplace near by instead of the place I always keep it stored. As long as it goes back in it's designated spot, I can find what I'm looking for. If I laid it down randomly because I was distracted (say by and annoying co-worker), it's game over.

AngelWings8
08-22-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm so unhealthily OCD that I always have to put things back in its place every time. And make sure it's orderly. However, this was also what caused me so much trouble recently because I was looking for the case to my down comforter and nearly threw a fit because I couldn't find it in my closet. Turns out, I buried it in the bottom of a chest underneath all my other blankets and sheets and towels. :roll2 I also have all my purses lined up on the top shelf of my closet...but I simply cannot find a champagne colored clutch that I need to bring to a wedding next week :(

rubah
08-22-2011, 08:48 PM
I have been known to lose a thing or two

Jiro
08-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Surprised by the lack of "sanity" answers honestly.

fire_of_avalon
08-23-2011, 01:38 AM
I was gonna make a temper pun earlier, but played out.

Jiro
08-23-2011, 01:43 AM
10 points for thought.

Shlup
08-23-2011, 02:49 AM
I am a scatterbrained retard and am constantly losing everything especially my soul.

Jiro
08-24-2011, 01:18 PM
The first part of that sentence is just begging to be taken out of context.

Mercen-X
08-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Just do what I do and blame your parents. It worked for me till I visited Canada and then pretty much started to blame the people I was living with. That didn't go over well.

I know I'm ill-organized when it comes to my own stuff. I just kind of assume I'm always putting it in the same place and that it's important enough to me that someone would be willing to steal it. But usually, when I've lost something, I've just had an off day and placed it somewhere else. This is a family trait. My dad does it. My mom does it. My grandma once lost her keys and was convinced the cleaning service stole them... until my mom found them in the freezer.
I used to always accuse my parents of stealing my money... when I was the one stealing from them. I am such a little rat.