PDA

View Full Version : MMO's you've played

Carl the Llama
08-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Ok so I was thinking the other day that I wonder if anyone has played all the mmo's out there and though I would compile a list of all the MMO's I have played and compare it to others so without further ado here is my list:

In Chronological order (I think xD)
Phantasy Star Online (version 1 on the DC)
EverQuest II
Final Fantasy XI
Ragnarok Online
Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst
Guild Wars
World of Warcraft
RF Online
Lord of the Rings Online
Warhammer Online
Phantasy Star Universe
Aion: Towers of Eternity
Fly for fun
Legend of Edda
Final Fantasy XIV
Elsword
Eden Eternal

Coming Soon:
Phantasy Star Online 2!!!

Yes... its a big list, I can never seem to stop drifting from MMO to MMO, though the one that has held my attention for the longest is definitely PSO/BB so I think PSO2 is definitely going to be a big contender on my list, though with PSO aside I would have to say my favourite is a toss up between Final Fantasy XI and Eden Eternal, why? because I don't like having to make x amount of alt players to go through the game, surely 90% of you people who have played MMO's and are on this forum have given FFXI a try so there is no need to go into that but lets talk about Eden Eternal for a moment, its still in open beta and it is a huge game with achievements (like wow) guild bosses for every zone (which after you defeat them is announced on all channels on your server) had in stead of guild houses you have Guild Towns, where your guild makes money but putting a tax on the shops in their town (which is just plain awesome) but I digress, there is far to much detail to go into to explain this game, I will just say that it is the game FFXIV should have been on release, you can switch characters on the fly ect. but the game is very fun to play.

Anyways, whats your list? and whats your favourite? xD

Pike
08-21-2011, 04:19 PM
World of Warcraft

...well, that was an easy list to make

Madame Adequate
08-21-2011, 04:42 PM
No particular order:

Phantasy Star Online
City of Heroes
Anarchy Online
EVE Online
Final Fantasy XI
World of Warcraft

And a bunch of free-to-play crappy Korean ones whose names I don't even remember. :p

Pike
08-21-2011, 04:48 PM
Anarchy Online

OH WAIT

I think I played this one for like... a day

Also I've played a ton of silly browser-based ones, if those count

Mercen-X
08-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Still none. Unless you count my Fb apps. I don't count them, I've never even made any friends on them, not that I haven't tried. I don't get how the system works.

NorthernChaosGod
08-21-2011, 11:21 PM
I played a bit of WoW before. My friend convinced me to try like a week trial or whatever. I think I played Maple Story for like a week as well.

I'm obviously not a fan of them. :|

Martyr
08-22-2011, 12:09 AM
I played Nodiatis for a long time. On the surface it's one of the most boring games around, probably, but I found it to be extremely entertaining.

I played DDO for 4 hours.

When WoW was in Beta, I designed a troll fighter on my friend's computer, but I couldn't figure out how to make a pure type of axe thrower. Very disappointed.

Rostum
08-22-2011, 01:31 AM
Graal Online
Ragnarok Online
Final Fantasy XI (for roughly 8 years)
Everquest II
World of Warcraft
Guild Wars
Myst Online (Uru Live)
Lord of the Rings Online
Aion
Final Fantasy XIV

I try and stick with things as long as possible and avoid jumping around, but in some cases I just have to jump. My favourite MMO being FFXI.

I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2, Blade & Soul and patch 1.9 / 1.20 for FFXIV.

Pike
08-22-2011, 02:51 AM
Graal Online

I played this a little bit waaaay back in the day (1998ish). My brother had a server called Graal 3000 (I think) which was fairly popular, so I used to mess around there...

Rostum
08-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Graal Online

I played this a little bit waaaay back in the day (1998ish). My brother had a server called Graal 3000 (I think) which was fairly popular, so I used to mess around there...

Haha, yeah that date sounds about right. I didn't even know what an MMO was at that stage, and the only way I found it is because I was looking up how to emulate Zelda: LttP (since they pretty much ripped the art off that game).

Rebellious Eagle
08-22-2011, 05:42 AM
So many that I don't play anymore because I never found any of them fun.

Mabinogi
Runescape
Fly For Fantasy
Grand Fantasia
World of Warcraft
Aika Online
Maple Story

Værn
08-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Graal Online

Haha, yeah that date sounds about right. I didn't even know what an MMO was at that stage, and the only way I found it is because I was looking up how to emulate Zelda: LttP (since they pretty much ripped the art off that game).
I played this up until around '06, then kind of logged on every now and then for a while to watch as the last of the servers I frequently played on crumbled away.

Let's see here... think this is about it...
Graal Online
The 4th Coming
Dransik Online
Runescape
Ragnarok Online
MU Online
Maplestory
Gunz
World of Warcraft
Silkroad Online
Voyage Century Online
Mabinogi
Runes of Magic
S4 League
Dungeons & Dragons Online
League of Legends
Vindictus
Legend of Edda
Lord of the Rings Online
Dark Age of Camelot

Hot Shot
08-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Played a bit of XI, I really liked it but I just never had the time. I'll most definately get XIV when it comes out on PS3 (Seeing as I've stopped drinking, I've got more time and money for games :p)

Jiro
08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Played a little bit of WoW on Timekeeper's pc.

Apart from that, mostly Runescape. I was awesome at it... yeah.

LoTR Online and Fly For Fun (aka FlyFF) also in there as well. I can't think of anything else, though there might be some more.

demondude
08-22-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm ashamed at some of the f2p shit I used to indulge myself in.

Del Murder
08-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I played Diablo and Diablo 2 waaay back in the day when people were still on dialup. Then, of course, FFXI.

I'm not a big MMO guy but I will play the right one if the right people are also playing (hint: Miriel).

Casey
08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Let's see in the past:

Astonia 3
Dransik (before it turned into Ashen Empires)
Mu Online
Lineage 2
WoW
Rift

Just quit Rift, lately I think it's just a waste of time, and same goes with a lot of MMOS. If Diablo 2 counts, then I'd say that's the best one so far. Even though I don't play anymore.

Rebellious Eagle
08-22-2011, 06:07 PM
I think the whole point of an MMO is to be a waste of time.

Rostum
08-23-2011, 12:48 AM
I think the whole point of an MMO is to be a waste of time.

Just like every other form of entertainment.

Bolivar
08-23-2011, 04:07 AM
I played Everquest not long after it launched back in the day and took it easy on MMO's after that. A friend got me into the free trial of World of Warcraft a few weeks ago and it was a blast. I tried a little of LOTRO not long after that but my laptop at school couldn't really handle it (although it absolutely should :( ).

I'd love to check out FFXIV if it launches on PS3 since a lot of the new changes sound really cool. I'm not sure where they're at now with their monetization model but if it was free to play with microtransactions I would totally jump in.

Mirage
08-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Ragnarok Online (Unofficial servers, except the open iRO beta back in like.... 2001?)
Maple story (for like one day)
Final Fantasy XI
World of Warcraft
Final Fantasy XIV
Lineage 2 (Unofficial servers)
I think I tried silkroad online for like a week too

and guildwars isn't a real MMO!

Carl the Llama
08-25-2011, 02:07 AM
I played Everquest not long after it launched back in the day and took it easy on MMO's after that. A friend got me into the free trial of World of Warcraft a few weeks ago and it was a blast. I tried a little of LOTRO not long after that but my laptop at school couldn't really handle it (although it absolutely should :( ).

LOTRO is a great game and its beautiful to boot (and I can play the game on max settings xD) here is a couple of pics:

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6889/screenshot00000yo.jpg
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2738/screenshot00001o.jpg

Rostum
08-25-2011, 02:13 AM
and guildwars isn't a real MMO!

Well, close enough. It's a lobby game that has aspects of an MMO. At least the second one is going to be a proper MMO, not to mention it looks absolutely fantastic.

Lionx
08-29-2011, 01:29 AM
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XIV
World of Warcraft
Ragnarok Online (i and private)
Dungeon Fighter Online

Also if Guild Wars doesn't count, then i guess me playing Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst isn't either. =/

Pike
08-29-2011, 05:04 AM
Does Neopets count? Because I have been playing that since like, 2004. And I mean, really playing it.

Freya
08-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Everquest
Star Wars Galaxies
World of Warcraft
Maple Story ;)
Final Fantasy XI
Aion

urmmmmmmmmmmm Haven't played any newer stuff really cause my comp sucks and I can't afford to upgrade yet.

Miriel
08-29-2011, 06:47 AM
Ragnarok Online
FFXI
WoW

FFXI is the only one I played for any real length of time though. And I loved it. :)

Araciel
08-30-2011, 11:42 PM
WoW, SWGalaxies, DDO, LOTRO... waiting for The Old Republic.

TrollHunter
08-31-2011, 12:33 AM
Never really played any mmos... the only one I've played was maple story, corrupt and broken korean game is corrupt and broken.
Not much of an mmo guy, I prefer to game without dealing with idiots 24/7.

Araciel
08-31-2011, 01:43 AM
I prefer to game without dealing with idiots 24/7.

I would sacrifice my sanity to just game 24/7
EDIT: Idiots or no

TrollHunter
08-31-2011, 02:24 AM
I prefer to game without dealing with idiots 24/7.

I would sacrifice my sanity to just game 24/7
EDIT: Idiots or no

Sleep and actually doing things is for the weak.
I stay up all night every night gaming.

Shaibana
09-05-2011, 07:05 PM
i dont know the names anymore..
but tried 1 regular MMO .... it sucked..
open map MMO's are worth nothing. theyre cat cames.. Isolated.
U come in with no clue and nobody wants to help you, they all rush by. and than u get those ridiculous quests that take to much time..
"go to that field and slay five of those" .. ya verry intersting -.- Not!!

later i tried another one.. something with Kung-fu becaus a friend played it. got a bugg and had to do all the boring mission aallll over again, so i gave it the finger and threw it off the pc.

Rakion Chaos Force:
A game to my heart. this is a dog game.. u play as a team.
its a simple Player VS player game. no stupid open map quests.
to bad the game is getting ruined though.
the ppl behind it are after money and they put in event after event... last 5 months i cant even remember a time without events. things are cheaper to get and the strong ppl are getting even stronger.

Normaly there would be an event once in the 3-4 months. but now its nonstop.
normaly i would be thrilled if i could get 1 item... now i can full equiptmen in 1 event without trying hard.

for a newbie its going to get hard to learn this game since even the low lvl's are overpowered.

Wolfteam:
this game was OK, i played it a little while when it was just released. maybe ill try again. its a shooter where u can turn into a werewolf

m4tt
09-10-2011, 05:52 AM
Ragnarok Online back in the early alpha/beta days up until like 2006
Final Fantasy XI from 2005 till about 2007, tried again in 2009 but then I remembered how much I disliked it.
World of Warcraft from about 2006 till about May of this year. For a while it was a bit of an addiction for me, once my son was born I canceled my account and I haven't played since. I still kinda want to play, but reading about some of the changes worries me.
I dabbled in Runes of Magic for a little bit, free WoW clone while I was playing WoW, so I got bored quick.

Pike
09-10-2011, 10:14 PM
I don't know if I'll ever "seriously" go back to WoW. I did the whole shebang-- the raiding, the heroics, the epics, etc.-- for about three (four, maybe?) years and then I just got deadly bored. Hence why I quit. I haven't played since about a month after Cata hit.

Other than the occasional urge to reroll something and go derp around in level 29 Arathi Basin I just don't have enough interest to resub. And even said minor urges disappear once I remember that I have to update my addons. Yeah, um, can't be bothered to do that. :kakapo:

Kokichi
09-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Anything free and Aeria flavored.

SMT:I
Grand Fantasia
Florensia
Dungeon Fighter Online
Maple Story
Dofus
Conquer Online

All old loves. None of which I like to play anymore.

Carl the Llama
09-13-2011, 02:39 AM
Anything free and Aeria flavored.

SMT:I
Grand Fantasia
Florensia
Dungeon Fighter Online
Maple Story
Dofus
Conquer Online

All old loves. None of which I like to play anymore.

If you like Aeria MMO's you should check out Eden Eternal, as I said in my original post, its very easy to pick up and alot of fun to play... at least as far as fun in MMO's can go... I haven't played any MMO's in a while but I have fond memories of EE which is strange for me, I normally grow bored with them fairly quickly (much to my detriment).

escobert
09-13-2011, 05:12 PM
EverQuest
World Of WarCraft
Linage II
Guild Wars
RO
FFXI

Guild Wars is the only one I could stand to play for any amount of time. have around 2,000 hours logged where as the rest I'd say I'd be lucky to have 50 hours logged in them all together xD
I'm waiting for GW2 and that'll be the only thing I play for a very long time lol