PDA

View Full Version : How many times have you bought the same game?

VeloZer0
08-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Just like the title says, how many times have you bought the same game. We have all tried a re-make at some time or another, or a port of a game they already got our money for one or two times before.

What games can't you stop buying?

The only one that comes to mind for me if Final Fantasy Tactics
- I bought it once
- The original disk got scratched, bought it again. (The original was later re-surfaced bringing the total to 2)
- Got PSP War of the Lions (Lost while traveling last summer)
- Got the PSN port which has been tempting me for years.
- Noticed FFT:WotL was on sale for $15, and feel strangely tempted to buy another copy.

Del Murder
08-22-2011, 07:17 PM
I didn't techinically buy all the versions of FFIV but I do/have own(ed) them all:

-Borrowed the original SNES game from my brother's friend
-Bought my own copy (or my brother did, one of us did)
-Bought FF Chronicles version for PS1
-Own the DS remake
-Own the PSP FFIV: Complete Collection

How about Tetris:

-Bought the original NES game
-The Game Boy version came with my Game Boy
-Lost my Game Boy so bought a new one, which came with another Tetris (so I had 2)
-Does buying Tetris 2 count? It's basically the same game
-I'm sure I downloaded a Tetris rom at some point
-Own Tetris DS, both the actual game and the rom
-I think I have the Tetris cell phone ap, if not I will get it now

Slothy
08-22-2011, 07:58 PM
I've probably bought Final Fantasy IV the most.
- Bought the SNES game
- Bought it again when FF Chronicles came out on the PSX since it was quite different from the SNES version and I had never owned Chrono Trigger
- Bought FFIV Advance for the new translation and dungeons
- Bought FFIV: Complete Collection, mostly for the After Years, but the new sprites and music are nice.

I've also bought FFVI on SNES, PSX (again, since I didn't have V) and GBA. FFV on the PSX and GBA. FFT on PSX and WotL. Other than those I seem to avoid most re-releases. The only other instance of me buying a game multiple times was COD4. I got it on the PS3, then purchased it again when I built a PC capable of running it since FPS games are far better on PC when I have the option.

Jessweeee♪
08-22-2011, 08:27 PM
I've never bought a game twice. Everything I have more than one copy/edition of was either given to me as a gift, or not uh, "official."

Dreddz
08-22-2011, 08:28 PM
I bought FFVII three times. First was back in 1998 when it was first released. Then I bought it again around 2001 because my brother lent our copy to a friend who then lost it. I then bought the game again when disc 1 was damaged. Which is a piss take because we got our original copy back years later when the guy who we lent it to found it. So I have three copies of the game with only one disc that is unusable. All original copies as well.

Bolivar
08-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Despite liking so many games that have been remade to death I think the number sits at 2. Purchased retail copy of FFVII/VIII/Tactics back in the day, bought the digital copies off PSN. I bought a second copy of Command & Conquer The First Decade to play with a friend. I'll be picking up Metal Gear Solid 2, 3, and Peace Walker soon after it launches later this year.

Carl the Llama
08-22-2011, 11:29 PM
I have bought FFVII no less the 6 times, the first time it was scratched so I bought it again, then I lost it in a move, then it was stolen twice during parties >.< then I bought it on PSN and my PS3 was stolen, then I bought it again, and thats the copy I have now.

(lots of thieving bastards where I live sadly >.<)

blackmage_nuke
08-22-2011, 11:45 PM
I got a copy of Kingdom hearts free with my ps2 and i either lost it or lent it to a friend i then had a falling out with and never got it back, so when I saw one in a second hand shop a few years later I bought it again.

Levian
08-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Many of my games I've bought two of, my sister and I share identical taste in games, so often when I buy a game for her I buy it for myself as well a few months later.

I'm trying to think of a game I've bought three times, but nothing comes to mind. Oh wait, Resident Evil. First I bought an american version, which obviously didn't work, then I bought a PAL version. It got scratched, so I bought a new one, which was platinum by then. Then I bought the remake for gamecube whenever that one was released. I think maybe I bought Clock Tower 3 three times as well. Once for my sister and twice for myself.

I Took the Red Pill
08-23-2011, 04:45 AM
I think I have owned three separate copies of Fester's Quest.

Wolf Kanno
08-23-2011, 05:59 AM
FFIV:
Bought my own copy around my birthday back when it was just FFII
Bought Chronicles which I loved.
Bought FFIV advance simply because I already owned the other two Advance FF ports and found the game for cheap with its original box and manual.
Bought FFIV DS

So four there.

FFVI
Bought the original on SNES after I found the Relm sketch bug and erased his files.
Bought Anthology, mostly for FFV actually.
Bought FFVI Advance for the hell of it.
Bought a Super Famicom version at a Convention, also complete with manual and box art.

Persona 3
Bought the original P3 cause the game sounded intriguing and I liked P2
Bought FES cause I loved P3 and it was only $20 and is a director's cut with a semi-sequel attached to it
Bought a copy of FES for my GF cause she loves the game
Bought a copy of FES for a relative
Bought P3P cause I'm a tool

NorthernChaosGod
08-23-2011, 06:06 AM
FF Chronicles got me my second copy of FFIV and CT. Oh, and I got OoT when I got Wind Waker.

Pike
08-23-2011, 06:49 AM
I'm trying to think of games I have multiple copies of and I seriously can't think of any, other than, maybe, GBA or DS ports of SNES/N64 games that I used to have (but no longer do, hence why I own the ports.)

Oh wait. I have a Linux version of SMAC as well as a Windows version. I suppose that counts!

Jiro
08-23-2011, 11:01 AM
I haven't bought any games twice. I've had several copies of certain games, but the duplicates were all gifts or replacements or something like that.

Slayer1514
08-24-2011, 07:06 AM
I would have to say that The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion is the game that I have bought the most times. Ended up needing some money so I traded it in, then bought it used a few months later, then it broke so I bought the digital version on xbox. I also bought FF 7, 8, and 9 twice, once on the psx and then when they were released onto psn.

Skyblade
08-25-2011, 06:17 AM
FFVII: 4 copies
2 PC, 1 PS1, 1 PSP

FFTA: 3 copies

Golden Sun: 2 copies of each GBA game

I don't count enhanced re-ports as the same game, frequently I purchase them for the additional content.

Rostum
08-25-2011, 08:37 AM
I don't know what I did to them, but my FFVII and FFVIII discs were completely scratched. Unfortunately there were no more original copies left, and had to opt to get the platinum versions.

I accidently bought two copies of FFXIII from an eBay store. I should consider giving one of them away to someone.

Other than that I've been getting a lot of the SNES and N64 remakes that are appearing on the Nintendo DS.

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2011, 02:57 PM
I accidently bought two copies of FFXIII from an eBay store. I should consider giving one of them away to someone.
I'll take it. :monster:

Jiro
08-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Region locked :monster: (assuming it's 360)

Mirage
08-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I bought FF4-6 for PS1, then I bought them again on SNES in japanese. That's probably the only games I have bought twice.

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 05:10 PM
Region locked :monster: (assuming it's 360)
Dammit. Where is Rostum from? :(

Shattered Dreamer
08-31-2011, 03:51 PM
The only game I've ever bought twice was Red Dead Redemption. I bought it once the week it was released, then had to buy it again after I bought the Undead Nightmare & all other dlc bundle from the PSN store due to a mysterious disc breakage.

I had gone away for a few days & when I got back, I decided to start Undead Nightmare & noticed my disc had quite a large crack in it! (to the point where the disc was nearly split in 2) Both my housemates had been playing the game while I was away & neither would own up to having broke it. So about a month or 2 later I bought a pre owned copy of the which cost €10 less than the game did new! Took me so long to it because all the game shops in Dublin kept selling out of it round of the time Undead Nightmare came out!