PDA

View Full Version : Megaupload issues

Carl the Llama
08-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Ok, so I bought my brother a PC today and now for some reason, when he is downloading something on MU I cant dl anything on MU at the same time... its kind of annoying, any way to solve this without using a proxy (or changing my MAC address).

The Man
08-23-2011, 01:07 AM
This probably happens because you're both downloading from the same IP address. The way to fix it is for one of you to change IP address, but not the other.

o_O
08-23-2011, 06:08 AM
You can either buy a premium account for MegaUpload, use a proxy (slow unless you're willing to pay/administrate one yourself) or get a second internet connection. :p

Like The Man said, your router has an IP address assigned to it by your ISP, which is the address the rest of the internet (including MegaUpload) sees.

The Man
08-23-2011, 07:01 AM
It's also worth pointing out that if you search shrewdly enough you can find most files on a variety of upload services. It's only the really obscure stuff that you'll only be able to find on one service. Granted, if you have a particular source of downloads you use that uploads all their stuff exclusively to Megaupload, I can see why you'd want the issue with them specifically resolved. That said, not that this'll help you with downloading, but there are sites now that enable you to upload to several different upload sites at once. Mirrorcreator (http://www.mirrorcreator.com/) seems to be the best of these.