PDA

View Full Version : Girl Friends

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2011, 08:54 PM
So the other day my boyfriend and I had some friends over, and one of them was telling me about how she's come out of her shell just a bit, and she's more confident about picking out clothes for herself and stuff, and we got to talking about clothes we like, and I stopped in the middle of a sentence like "omg [friends name] I've never had this conversation before we are lady friends now!" Because I have female friends, but we don't do girl things or have girl conversations and that made me realize that I kind of missed out on all of the girl things when I was a kid because I never had a sister or close female friends.

So this is a thread about girl stuff, or normal social experiences that you missed for some reason.

Mirage
08-23-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm sad because I will never experience this.

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2011, 09:13 PM
We should have a toenail painting party. Is that a girl thing? Is that something other girls do? :confused:

fire_of_avalon
08-23-2011, 09:29 PM
One time this friend left her boyfriend so her roommate threw her a be nice to your feet party.

They put this green stuff on my feet called a foot mask. It smelled like peppermint and at first I thought it was nice.

And then it wouldn't come off. For days and hours and years and decades. I scrubbed and scrubbed until my feet were raw.

And then I stayed barefoot forever.

demondude
08-23-2011, 09:35 PM
So you had an OD of foot cream?

My condolences. :(

rubah
08-23-2011, 09:37 PM
was it shannon gaga?

Shlup
08-23-2011, 09:37 PM
I have girl friends! Growing up I always had two close girl friends, but neither of them are girly. Now I have a few girl friends and we go shopping for dresses and we go to the fabric store and we craft and drink wine and talk about our husbands and Grey's Anatomy and children. It's weird.

fire_of_avalon
08-23-2011, 09:40 PM
*backs slowly away from ShlupQuack*

*goes back to the race car thread*

Jessweeee♪
08-23-2011, 09:41 PM
was it shannon gaga?

Nope. You can't have conversations with her, she interrupts and then just kind of talks at you :confused:

Freya
08-23-2011, 09:50 PM
I currently don't have one. I mean I have a convenience friend but she talks at you like jess said shannon does. I tried to go bra shopping with her but she was hella lame and just stood there awkward :(

Parker
08-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I am willing to go bra shopping with any eoff female (and some males)

Shlup
08-23-2011, 10:22 PM
*backs slowly away from ShlupQuack*

*goes back to the race car thread*

I am a sexy wommaaaaaaaan~! http://girlngheo9xx.xtgem.com/images/VuDieu1.gif

Pike
08-23-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't have any really close girl friends.

If I ever have one, she had better be willing to play Civilization and SMAC with me all night long and not do anything else.

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Can I participate too? :(

FFIX Choco Boy
08-24-2011, 12:53 AM
Can guys talk about their boy friends(no homo)? Or should someone start another thread?

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Sure :confused:

starlet
08-24-2011, 01:55 AM
First of all, leave that "no homo" nonsense out please! We get the point without you having to protect your sexuality. Sorry, I just cringe whenever someone says no homo....

Now...I do have a few girl friends for different things. I have 1 to talk about art and makeup and I have another one that I just get trashed with all the time....oh yes there are lot's of good times that I don't remember with her. Um, thats about it I guess, so I dont have that many girl friends. I havent gotten into makeup until within the last 2 years and I'm 27. I never used to dress up either...It's crazy how people change over time.

Laddy
08-24-2011, 02:48 AM
*shows woman card*

My girl friends come in two groups: Yaoi Fangirls and Drama Queens. The former always tries to get me into yaoi and the stuff is smurfing retarded. The second always vent to me about their problems and I've been told I get really good advice. What's cool about my circle of friends is that we'll go play D&D and then we'll go shopping.

Too bad a lot of my friends don't know how to shop. At all.

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 03:47 AM
Okay, you have to tell me how one is supposed to shop then.

Shlup
08-24-2011, 03:54 AM
First of all, leave that "no homo" nonsense out please! We get the point without you having to protect your sexuality. Sorry, I just cringe whenever someone says no homo....
"No homo" is one of those rare things that makes me laugh and want to slap a person at the same time.

Yar
08-24-2011, 05:19 AM
Okay, you have to tell me how one is supposed to shop then.Just let a woman do it

Martyr
08-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Guy Friends is like when you're laying on the couch watching a basketball game, eating fried chicken, drinking juice, screaming at the players and screaming in general and kicking miscellaneous objects around the room when, by some weird chance, your fingers barely brush against his, since you're all sprawled out, and then suddenly everything is awkward and, like, wtf get away from me man.
Recovery time is quick, but it must never happen again.

Girl Friends is that strange relationship where we flirt, joke, talk about philosophical ideas, chat about past and current relationships, sometimes dream about having sex with each other and then never EVER hook up because circumstances aren't right, although we both know that if we ever have a chance encounter in a different place, at a different time, under a different circumstance, we might never know the meaning of platonic.
But most of the time, sexual tension is too powerful and friendships are forced into either relationships or broken promises. Such is life.

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Okay, you have to tell me how one is supposed to shop then.Just let a woman do it
I know how to pick out my own damn clothes. >:[

Miriel
08-24-2011, 07:57 AM
I just got back from a weekend gateway with a bunch of girls. Between 8 of us, we consumed 20 bottles of wine, took a million pictures and yeah, tons of talking about boys, hair styling, babies, and other very stereotypical girl stuff. Girls can be great, but I find them a lot more draining energy wise than guys. I dunno, its more fatiguing for me to chat about clothes and shoes than politics or tv shows or other gender neutral stuff. Maybe its cause I don't really know many guys who will insist on talking about cars or sports to me. And many many girls who force me to sit through conversations about Kim Kardashian's wedding dress. But I have toooons more close girlfriends than guy friends and I'm always looking for more. Cause when you find a really great group of girl friends, its the best thing in the world.

Shiny
08-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Alot of my girl friends tend to be pretty tom-boyish even if they dress girly. We don't typically sit around doing or talking about stereotypically girly stuff. However, shopping is sometimes thrown in the mix.

Jiro
08-24-2011, 10:48 AM
I had purple and orange toenails after a nice girly afternoon once. The damn paint wouldn't come off, but I did feel...pretty.

Pheesh
08-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I heard there was going to be a tickle fight in here... I came to watch.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-24-2011, 12:23 PM
Mostly we just stay up late, make brownies, and talk about boys.

Jiro
08-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Join in, it's far more entertaining.

Laddy
08-24-2011, 12:33 PM
I know how to pick out my own damn clothes. >:[Well, not act like the whole process is painful, for one thing.

Jiro
08-24-2011, 12:37 PM
Trying on clothes is damn awesome.

demondude
08-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Shopping with women and camp men is painful. End of. :|

Pheesh
08-24-2011, 12:39 PM
I buy all my clothes on the internet now. It's way cheaper.

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 03:05 PM
I know how to pick out my own damn clothes. >:[Well, not act like the whole process is painful, for one thing.
Wait, you're talking about shopping with a woman? I never act like it's painful, because they always tries stuff on for me. :monster:

Pike
08-24-2011, 04:28 PM
I buy all my clothes on the internet now. It's way cheaper.

Yeah, I haven't bought clothes in years because I'm thoroughly broke, but when I do get them I usually get them from ThinkGeek or something.

Yes I am that person who wears Pac-man and Linux shirts, deal with it :cool:

Yar
08-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Can we go clothes shopping together Julian? :bigsmile:

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 07:08 PM
You're not a girl, brah.

Yar
08-24-2011, 10:07 PM
your point is...?

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't see why we would.

Yar
08-24-2011, 10:14 PM
Julian the Heartbreaker.

JTH.

demondude
08-24-2011, 10:15 PM
I won't stand for this kind of abuse. Take him shopping and fucking like it.

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 10:20 PM
No. You refused to find me love, so fuck you.

Yar
08-24-2011, 10:22 PM
i'll buy you aviators

demondude
08-24-2011, 10:23 PM
I'm finding you love right now. Take him out and jack him off in Wal-Mart of wherever you Americans shop.

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 10:24 PM
i'll buy you aviators
I have four pairs.

I'm finding you love right now. Take him out and jack him off in Wal-Mart of wherever you Americans shop.
This isn't the game. :colbert:

demondude
08-24-2011, 10:30 PM
I know what it is.

You're frigid.

How adorable.

Yar
08-24-2011, 10:44 PM
wanna go to walmart?

blackmage_nuke
08-24-2011, 11:14 PM
And so it was the thread about girls doing girly things turned into the spam club for boys

fire_of_avalon
08-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Because that's what EoFF is all about. Taking away from the ladies to make the gay jokes.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-24-2011, 11:59 PM
I don't know if I do girly things with my female friends.

ls a movie night with ice cream girly, when all the movies are zombie flicks?

fire_of_avalon
08-25-2011, 12:13 AM
If you're me and my sister, yes.

(You're not my sister... are you?)

KentaRawr!
08-25-2011, 12:51 AM
I'd make such a good girlfriend. I've helped female friends of mine go clothes shopping countless times, smelling candles and trying on all the sunglasses.

AngelWings8
08-25-2011, 12:54 AM
I don't have many girl friends...I wish I had more but a lot in the past ended up to be too much gossip and drama. The few close ones I do have, I only meet up with them once in a blue moon because we're so busy with work or school. Some of the girls also like clubbing, which I haven't liked for years. I went clubbing in college and a bit afterward, but it just got so old and expensive.

It's nice to have a girl friend to talk about random stuff...girly stuff that guys don't care about. I don't go shopping with girlfriends though...I'm also one of those that buys everything online when there's a huge sale with a coupon code and free shipping...and just return it to store if it doesn't fit. Might be why I don't have many girl friends...I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to find bridesmaids when I get married :confused:

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2011, 01:02 AM
I know what it is.

You're frigid.

How adorable.
I am not adorable! :colbert:

Jiro
08-25-2011, 01:06 AM
He didn't deny being frigid though!

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Well, yeah.

Jiro
08-25-2011, 03:55 AM
The truth at last!

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2011, 04:11 AM
When did I ever? o_O

demondude
08-25-2011, 08:36 AM
Pussy.

Pheesh
08-25-2011, 08:40 AM
Where?

demondude
08-25-2011, 08:42 AM
PSSSYYYCHHEEEEE HAHAHAHAHAHHAH

let's play soggy biscuit

again.

Pheesh
08-25-2011, 08:53 AM
K, you must be getting pretty sick of losing though.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-25-2011, 12:28 PM
..I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to find bridesmaids when I get married :confused:

My friend has the social skills of a bag of dog food, so she didn't have many friends. She's also from Poland so she gets a little shy.The main reason we're friends is because I met her through boyfriend of the time.

So when their wedding came, she used family for most of her bridesmaids, and I was the "man of honor" instead of her having a maid of honor. I held the bouquet, and a lot of other duties. :laughing:

But that's what friends are for.

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I bet you looked quite stunning in your dress.

AngelWings8
08-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Aww sharky that's sweet of you! :) I think I could probably find a few girls to be my bridesmaids, but they're not as close as I'd like them to be. Also, I know it's weird, but I always kinda wanted my younger brother to be one of my "groomsmen/bridesmaid/whatever". Guys can have their brothers as their best man, girls can have their sisters as their maid of honor...why should my brother be on the groom's side when he's my brother?

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Lol. That actually reminds me, one of my close friends has decided I'll be her maid of honor when she gets married.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-25-2011, 09:26 PM

I looked ravishing. :kakapo:

I wore a tux, jackass! And if you think the ladies didn't pick up on the fact that I'm a good guy, think again. They were completely ignoring the wedding ring on my finger trying to hit on me.

So, if you want the already depressed, desperate wedding friends of the bride to hit on you, be your friend's "Man of Honor". Just bring pepper spray, because they were like hyenas and it was a little uncomfortable.

Freya
08-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Guys, Guys I need help.

Quick back story, got a new ehhh fairly recently boyfriend, met his friends. His friends wives and GF's want me to come have dinner with them cause i made a good impression? WHAT DO?! I've never had a group of chick friends. All my friends have always been nerdy guys. ;_;

demondude
08-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Finger buffet.

Freya
08-25-2011, 09:38 PM
Bad, DD. Bad.

demondude
08-25-2011, 09:39 PM
What are you implying?

Edit: You're disgusting.

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2011, 09:48 PM

I looked ravishing. :kakapo:

I wore a tux, jackass! And if you think the ladies didn't pick up on the fact that I'm a good guy, think again. They were completely ignoring the wedding ring on my finger trying to hit on me.

So, if you want the already depressed, desperate wedding friends of the bride to hit on you, be your friend's "Man of Honor". Just bring pepper spray, because they were like hyenas and it was a little uncomfortable.
Hahaha, chill. :p

And I will be her man of honor and I will take all the of the attention of those desperate and lonely friends. /smug

sharkythesharkdogg
08-25-2011, 09:57 PM
:p You didn't have me on edge, remembering all those women trying to slip me phone numbers and things put me on edge. Seriously, if you're single and looking, it might work in your favor. Plus it's just a good thing to do for your friend.

Go get 'em, sexy. Find yourself a cougar with her biological clock kicking into overdrive. :jess:

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 12:10 AM
You're just making this sound better and better. :monster:

fire_of_avalon
08-26-2011, 03:17 AM
All this wedding talk is making the impending nuptials of my best friend and my status as the eternal bridesmaid feel pretty horrific right now. Thanks friends!

Jiro
08-26-2011, 03:55 AM
foa, let's get married. Then we can have like dual citizenship and tax benefits and everything.

fire_of_avalon
08-26-2011, 04:05 AM
And now Jiro wants to marry me just so he can have a Green Card? Maaaaan.

Besides if I'm going to marry for economic purposes, I'm gonna marry a rich old dude with crazy money.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-26-2011, 04:17 AM
foa, let's get married. Then we can have like dual citizenship and tax benefits and everything.

And now Jiro wants to marry me just so he can have a Green Card? Maaaaan.

Besides if I'm going to marry for economic purposes, I'm gonna marry a rich old dude with crazy money.

Excellent Dak! Keep distracting her with your nuptial plans and I'll break into the her kitchen.

Soon the cheesecake shall be ours!! :mwahaha:

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Man, I'll distract with some Scotch if it gets me that fucking cheesecake.

Freya
08-26-2011, 05:14 AM
You guys aren't helping me with my girl problems. Be better girlfriends gawd, specially you Jules, you're a horrible girlfriend.

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 06:19 AM
I didn't realize I was a girlfriend. Does that mean I can help you shop for bras now?

Pike
08-26-2011, 08:42 AM
I suddenly have this great mental image of Julian going shopping with a bunch of girls. This needs to happen and it needs to be videotaped. For posterity.

Marky Tee
08-26-2011, 08:52 AM
as a late teenager and in my early 20's i had probably more girl pals than boy pals
though we never did anything girly such as hair, make up and shopping
we just had sex....

Jiro
08-26-2011, 11:21 AM
foa our love is not that superficial, it just has benefits that I wished to share to sweeten the deal.

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 02:59 PM
I suddenly have this great mental image of Julian going shopping with a bunch of girls. This needs to happen and it needs to be videotaped. For posterity.
As long as they try on lingerie for me, I'm down.

fire_of_avalon
08-26-2011, 03:13 PM
foa our love is not that superficial, it just has benefits that I wished to share to sweeten the deal.
Promises, promises.

As long as they try on lingerie for me, I'm down.
Young man, one hour together and I'll have you trying on ladies lingerie for me.

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 03:18 PM
That's kinky, foa.

Psychotic
08-26-2011, 03:24 PM
foa, I think you should marry me instead of Jiro. I am of better genetic stock. Britain is infinitely better than Australia, which is why we stomped the shit out of them in World War 2. Do you want weak pisswater drinking children, or tough, manly James motherfucking Bond children?

ps: I'm rich

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 05:06 PM
All of you back off, it's me that she wants to see all intimately and shit.

Jiro
08-27-2011, 05:46 AM
foa, I think you should marry me instead of Jiro. I am of better genetic stock. Britain is infinitely better than Australia, which is why we stomped the tit out of them in World War 2. Do you want weak pisswater drinking children, or tough, manly James mothersmurfing Bond children?

Which WWII were you watching? We were on the same side you twonk.

Our genetics are just as good as yours, if not moreso thanks to the addition of some choice maori warriors introduced to the gene pool. Make use of all your assets!

Our beer is better than american beer, but I will give you the pisswater point. I don't drink beer though so it doesn't really matter.

And fuck off you're not rich you bellend

NorthernChaosGod
08-27-2011, 06:35 AM
Our beer is better than american beer
No it's not, you twat. :colbert:

Jiro
08-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Isn't mexican beer actually good?

NorthernChaosGod
08-27-2011, 06:40 PM
None of the ones I've had are very good. :|

Madame Adequate
08-27-2011, 08:30 PM
>Maori
>Australia

Son, are you high?

Pheesh
08-28-2011, 05:46 AM
foa, I think you should marry me instead of Jiro. I am of better genetic stock. Britain is infinitely better than Australia, which is why we stomped the shit out of them in World War 2. Do you want weak pisswater drinking children, or tough, manly James motherfucking Bond children?

Didn't you guys just sit around drinking tea. and learning German just in case, until America came along and saved you?

Also, James Bond drinks watered down Martinis and in my experience none of you guys actually sound like him, too righ' like innnit?

Rye
08-28-2011, 04:07 PM
I have a hard time making girl friends because I'm kind of, you know, a sperg lord.

NorthernChaosGod
08-28-2011, 08:23 PM
You're an aspie?

Jiro
08-29-2011, 06:05 AM
>Maori
>Australia

Son, are you high?

Technically no.

Not only do we own NZ, we also have selective breeding programs to ensure that our race is dominant. Because behind our hyperprudism, we're actually psychopathic bitsers looking to conquer the planet.