PDA

View Full Version : When do you shower?

cloud_doll
08-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Randomly I was thinking about when people shower, and it seems to me that the majority of women take showers at night, and the majority of men take showers in the morning.
I am a woman and I take showers at night. So does my sister. But my brothers both take showers in the morning. I take them at night because of my hair. I hate going out with wet hair. Even when my hair was boy-short I hated going out with wet hair.
So, vote, and tell me why you take a shower when you do.

Rantz
08-24-2011, 03:45 PM
I am a real man; I shower at full moon.

Martyr
08-24-2011, 03:46 PM
I take showers when I wake up, after I work out, sometimes after I work and before I go anyplace where a girl might be able to smell me.
There's only one place I ever go that doesn't require a shower, and that's my bed.
I don't care what you say about sleeping in filth. I like sleeping in filth. If my sheets don't smell like everything I've done every day for a week, then I stay awake all night. That last part isn't true. But I don't care. It's enough that I brush my teeth before I pass out. I ain't staying up to get all wet and then shower in the morning anyway.

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2011, 03:47 PM
I shower at night usually. It works best with my schedule. I'm with you on the wet hair thing. I haaaate having wet hair. I no longer keep my hair waist length because even when using a hair dryer it takes forever and ever and ever to dry it.

Pheesh
08-24-2011, 04:08 PM
When I'm working I take showers as soon as I get home from work, otherwise I'm sweaty and gross. Other times it really just depends, I had a shower this morning for instance, but I had one last night as well.

Freya
08-24-2011, 04:15 PM
I shower in the morning because of my curls. If I go to bed with even semi damp hair it gets fucked. So I shower in the morning and let it air dry. Plus I am not a morning person and it wakes me up.

Pike
08-24-2011, 04:33 PM
I'm a pre-operative genderless robot (but a female for now) and I shower in the morning. Mostly because I hate going to bed with wet hair, and I don't own a blow dryer or anything. So if I shower in the morning I can just sit at my computer for a couple of hours and play vidya while my hair dries.

I had a job for a while where I had to be there at 6am every morning so I started showering in the afternoon or evening so I didn't have to do it at an obscenely early hour. I did that for a few months, actually. It was... okay, I guess, but I much prefer morning showers so I got back to that as soon as I could.

Rebellious Eagle
08-24-2011, 04:41 PM
I shower at night because usually I have taekwondo at night and I hate going to bed with my clothes sticking to me. I also take showers when I'm bored :D

fire_of_avalon
08-24-2011, 05:00 PM
I shower in the morning before work and then go to work with damp hair. It's terribly unprofessional but I do not give two shits. I also shower at night sometimes if it's really hit and I generally shower after engaging in any activities that cause me to sweat or smell like ass.

Jessweeee♪
08-24-2011, 05:17 PM
It's more convenient for me to shower in the morning and half ass the hair dryer because I drive with the windows down whereas when I shower at night I have to dry it completely because it lays weird if I go to bed with it wet. But I shower at night anyway because I can not motivate myself to do anything so early in the morning. If I try I'm just like "...whatever I'll just sleep in and go to work gross looking...not worth it."

Shiny
08-24-2011, 06:41 PM
I take showers randomly, yet it sometimes depends on a few things: if it's too cold in the morning for showah, if I've been in the heat all day, if I've exerted alot energy, and rarely because I don't want my hair to be wet in the morning. I don't always wet my hair when I'm in the shower because I have super thick hair. I wash it only once or twice a week, so happily run your fingers through my filth. :shiny:

sharkythesharkdogg
08-24-2011, 06:44 PM
I take showers when the riot control squads finally get permission to use the fire hoses.

rubah
08-24-2011, 06:59 PM
once a week whether I need it or not!

NorthernChaosGod
08-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I take a shower in the morning every day, but I also take a shower when I get home from the gym. I feel gross going out without showering.

Pike
08-24-2011, 07:25 PM
I take showers when the riot control squads finally get permission to use the fire hoses.

That reminds me of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh40fAxY3PA), which is the best line in the movie. I blurt it out at every opportunity I get.

Jess
08-24-2011, 09:12 PM
I shower every morning and also wash my hair every morning. I use a blow dryer to dry it so I never leave the house with wet/damp hair.

The only time I wash my hair at night, is if my boyfriend has the following day off work & I don't - so I don't have to wake him up with the blow dryer at 7am. but, I will still shower and wash in the morning, even if I washed my hair the night before. :jess:

blackmage_nuke
08-24-2011, 11:23 PM
I have a quick shower every few nights and a thorough shower in the mornings if I think Im going to see someone I want to impress that day.

demondude
08-24-2011, 11:30 PM
I shower every night and in the morning if I intend to be doing something during the day.

Remon
08-24-2011, 11:33 PM
Whenever I feel like taking one. On school days, or when I go out it's usually in the morning. If I stay in, I usually shower at night. Summer is twice a day.

The Man
08-24-2011, 11:40 PM
I shower before work when I have it, which is usually in the morning lately, and before leaving the house if I haven't showered yet that day. On days when I don't have work and am not leaving the house, I only take a shower if I also haven't showered the previous day.

AngelWings8
08-25-2011, 12:40 AM
I try to shower at night a couple hours before going to bed so that my hair can dry. I'm too lazy to blow dry my hair, so I just air dry it. I only wash my hair every other day because I heard that it's not good for girls to wash their hair too often because it strips the hair and scalp of natural oils.

Sometimes though...if I stay up too late watching anime or playing video games...I'll sleep in my own filth and shower in the morning :(

Pike
08-25-2011, 12:45 AM
I only wash my hair every other day because I heard that it's not good for girls to wash their hair too often because it strips the hair and scalp of natural oils.

It takes approximately six hours after washing my hair for it to get disgusting again so yeah, skipping a day of washing my hair is not in the cards, I'm afraid :kakapo:

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2011, 12:50 AM
It's just really bad for your skin. My scalp gets super dry and itchy if I wash it every day, so I do the every other day thing too.

starlet
08-25-2011, 01:03 AM
I take a shower when I get home from work because I don't like smelling like wet dog. Also my feet end up smelling bad thanks to the crocs I wear at work. I hate them but they're just so convenient and my feet stay dry, I can just wash them if I accidently step in pee or poo....ect.

Jiro
08-25-2011, 01:22 AM
I do not shower, I clean myself like a cat would

I take a shower whenever I damn well feel like it. After training is a good time to do it. I also like to shower at night if it's cold, because mornings are fucking too cold for me to get naked. But usually I shower of a morning. Usually, but not always.

Shlup
08-25-2011, 02:07 AM
If you shower at night and then stew in your filth all night long before before getting up then you are gross.

Mirage
08-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Other: Whenever I'm going to be around people I know and I think I am smelly.

And you don't stew around in your filth all night if you just change your bedsheets often!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
08-25-2011, 08:29 PM
If you shower at night and then stew in your filth all night long before before getting up then you are gross.

Yeah, if you change your sheets often and get clean before you get in them I don't see how it's any grosser than say, driving in your own car.

Shlup
08-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I think you underestimate how much you sweat in your sleep.

Laddy
08-25-2011, 09:02 PM
I shower all the fucking time.

NorthernChaosGod
08-25-2011, 09:29 PM
This. Times a million.

Jessweeee♪
08-25-2011, 09:40 PM

Well the way I see it, you're gross 24/7, and everything you own is gross, and if you shower on a regular basis then you're pretty much okay.

Yar
08-25-2011, 11:33 PM
sometimes i just want to be naked and wet

Rye
08-25-2011, 11:44 PM
Morning!

Jiro
08-26-2011, 04:09 AM
sometimes i just want to be naked and wet

That reminds me, I don't really dry myself when I get out of the shower. Well, I'm still damp when I'm dressed, because I like a light layer of moisture on me, ya know

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 04:36 AM
I figured that might be a good thing down under. Wait, is it hot there right now?

Yar
08-26-2011, 06:03 AM
its colder than erics nutsack right now

Levian
08-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Depends whether I'm working or not, and depends whether I'm working out or not.

If I'm working morning shift, I'll shower before I go to bed as I have to get up at 05:30. I'd rather not get up even earlier if I don't have to.

If I'm working late shift, I'll shower in the morning if I have stuff to do before work, and I'll shower before work if I'm just going to stay home alone until then anyway

If I have the day off, I'll shower before I leave the house, whenever that may be. Might be early, might be never.

If I have the day off and working out, I'll shower after I get home from the workout.

I also shower before and after I touch a woman's chest.

THERE'S A SYSTEM TO EVERYTHING!

Jiro
08-26-2011, 11:20 AM
That's too complex for me. Just wing it, brother man.

Mirage
08-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Hardly, it's 5 degrees celsius in my bedroom.

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 03:01 PM
I also shower before and after I touch a woman's chest.
Just her chest?

crashNUMBERS
08-26-2011, 05:54 PM
crap, this is hard. lately this summer Ive been showering before work and a quick rinse after so I dont feel muggy. but I put mornings, cause during school time, I always shower before

Dreddz
08-26-2011, 06:35 PM
I shower at night so I can have an additional 20 minutes in bed in the morning. Simple as.

Jessweeee♪
08-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Aw man I got caught in a dust storm yesterday so I had to shower two days in a row and now my hair is all funky and I don't like it :mad2:

Shiny
08-26-2011, 09:14 PM
It's cold in the winter time though even with the heat on. I take it at night because sometimes it will be 15 degrees in the morning and there is no way I want to be wet and naked in that kind of temp.

Mercen-X
08-26-2011, 09:32 PM
I shower when it rains.
I shower when it's just too damned hot.
I shower at 10 am.
I shower at 6:30 pm.
I shower after work.
I shower after gym.
I shower after sex.
I shower when I can't open my eyes.
I shower when my hair makes its own gel.
I shower when my ears itch.
I shower when I can't sit down.
I shower when I can't stand moving my arms near my face.
I shower when I think of you.
I shower to relax sometimes so I need to take it slow.
I shower when I really need to pee.
I shower everyday... sometimes.
I shower every other day... most times.
I shower on the third day... most other times.
I shower once a week... or at least every two weeks.
I never wait longer than a month.
I need to go home and take a shower.

Oh... I'm a guy.

NorthernChaosGod
08-26-2011, 10:17 PM
It's cold in the winter time though even with the heat on. I take it at night because sometimes it will be 15 degrees in the morning and there is no way I want to be wet and naked in that kind of temp.
Do your pipes freeze in the winter or what? :confused:

blackmage_nuke
08-26-2011, 11:00 PM
I shower when it rains.
I shower when it's just too damned hot.
I shower at 10 am.
I shower at 6:30 pm.
I shower after work.
I shower after gym.
I shower after sex.
I shower when I can't open my eyes.
I shower when my hair makes its own gel.
I shower when my ears itch.
I shower when I can't sit down.
I shower when I can't stand moving my arms near my face.
I shower when I think of you.
I shower to relax sometimes so I need to take it slow.
I shower when I really need to pee.
I shower everyday... sometimes.
I shower every other day... most times.
I shower on the third day... most other times.
I shower once a week... or at least every two weeks.
I never wait longer than a month.
I need to go home and take a shower.

Oh... I'm a guy.

I will not shower Sam I am :mad2:

CimminyCricket
08-27-2011, 03:35 AM
I'm a male and I shower when I'm horny (mostly right in the morning).

starlet
08-27-2011, 04:52 AM
I shower every time I hear THIS SONG! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgAlS5nCPZg)

Timekeeper
08-27-2011, 04:37 PM
I have a severe dislike for being damp, especially while in bed.
Therefore I shower in the morning so that my hair is not at all wet while lying in bed.
UHHG.

Mercen-X
08-28-2011, 10:50 PM

I will not shower Sam I am :mad2:

Unless you join me and wash my hams? :jokey:

cloud_doll
08-30-2011, 01:07 AM
Well it seems with females it's either or. Too close to draw any real conclusion. But for the males, they definitely shower in the morning more often than not. So I can conclude that men love sleeping in their own filth.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 05:33 AM
Or they're more practical and shower for when it's most appropriate.

Jiro
08-30-2011, 08:12 AM
So what if I enjoy sleeping in my own filth? I don't care, I would probably shower once weekly if it were up to me. But I like to be clean and smell damn fine whenever going outside, so showering of a morning is, as Mr NCG puts it, most appropriate!

:argh:

qwertysaur
08-30-2011, 08:16 AM
In the morning. It helps me wake up :p

Hot Shot
08-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Most of the time in the morning cause I always feel dirty in the mornings and it wakes me up. And when I excercise and take long walks I'll bathe again.