PDA

View Full Version : Persona 4 Portable?

Skyblade
08-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Someone found this (http://p-atlus.jp/) site. Odd to have just a simple jpg with a web address on it, but we all know Atlus, and the background/font style seem naggingly familiar.

Could be a hoax, and definitely isn't as welcome as a Persona 5 announcement would be, but still, something to keep an eye on.

Wolf Kanno
08-25-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm not finding anything on the main Atlus Japan site, but I don't necessarily feel its a stretch for Atlus to make a portable P4. Course, Atlus also promised a Persona title for the 3DS, so that may also be a possibility.

Skyblade
08-26-2011, 05:46 PM
I was considering the possibility that the new 3DS title would be P4 Portable.

If they are going to announce a Portable Version of P4, however, I wish they would do so quickly. I had started a new P4 playthrough about a day before I found out about this. If there is going to be a new version, I'll wait happily (rather than do it twice and get burned out). If not, I'd like to get back to it.;)

Jessweeee♪
08-26-2011, 05:52 PM
If there's a P4P I want it to be on PSP again. Can it be both? ;_;

It would be pretty interesting to see P4 with a female protagonist like P3P. The characters of P4 are a much closer bunch.

But yeah, that is definitely P4 related. I wonder if it's even an official Atlus page, though?

EDIT:

On a somewhat unrelated note, I love how Atlus is getting better at promoting their products overseas. Catherine had an excellent campaign.

Wolf Kanno
08-26-2011, 06:29 PM
It looks like its an official Atlus page. (http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/873421-persona-teaser-site-goes-live-as-999-sequel-hits-3ds-psvita)

It too soon after Catherine's release, for the Persona team have P5 on the plate. So, I'm going to say, chances are this is something P4 related. :cool:

Slothy
09-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Atlus Announces Persona 4 Vita, Persona 4 Fighter, and Teases Persona 5 (http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/08/31/persona_developments/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed)

Persona 4 is coming out on the Vita. I'm not too bothered because I want a Vita eventually anyway, but now I'll want one right away since I haven't played Persona 4 yet. Argh!

Wolf Kanno
09-01-2011, 04:59 AM
Congratulations Vita, you actually have a game that is worth my attention. Granted, its a game I already own which means your purchase will be an "eventually in the far future" but its better than ignoring your existence. ;)

I'm really not sure how I feel about a Persona fighting game. Its nice that its not relegated to just P4 characters and will have some P3 as well, but I'm hoping P1 and P2 get some love as well. I'd love to see an adult Tatsuya summoning Apollo, or get the chance to beat the crap out of Brad from P1.

Jessweeee♪
09-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Neat! I heard PS2 emulation was possible on the Vita. If that's true, then I think this is enough to sell it to me, as long as the price isn't too crazy.

qwertysaur
09-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Persona 4 fighter: Everybody running in Terror from Chie as she brutalizes everything in her path. :p

Also now I'll need to buy a Vita :p

Slothy
09-01-2011, 02:36 PM
The price was already announced as $250 if I'm not mistaken.

Bolivar
09-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Neat! I heard PS2 emulation was possible on the Vita. If that's true, then I think this is enough to sell it to me, as long as the price isn't too crazy.

That and then some - MGS HD collection will be compatible with Vita at launch.

This is pretty cool but I think I'll take the opportunity to try out Disgaea 3's portable re-release instead. Along with the Little King's Story sequel announcement, the Vita is becoming a sooner rather than later purchase because of the buffet of RPGs that will be available. I guess it makes sense because of how logically-defying popular the PSP is in Japan right now, that developers would attach themselves to its successor. Here's hoping for Valkyria Chronicles IV. The third was apparently a blockbuster in Japan but sadly there's still no news of a localization :(