PDA

View Full Version : Locking it down

Del Murder
08-27-2011, 04:14 AM
Miriel had gone away for a girls retreat over the weekend. When she came back to our apartment, she found the place filled with these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/1balloons.jpg

Then she was given a puzzle piece with a note:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/2puzzlepiece.jpg

Similar pieces were scattered throughout the apartment and she had to discover them all through a series of clues. Where could they lead?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/3puzzlehidden.jpg

After she got all the pieces she then had to put the puzzle together. Completing her puzzle revealed her prize: an impromptu romantic getaway to Lake Tahoe! Congratulations!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/4puzzle.jpg

3 hours later, we were in Tahoe in a room overlooking the beautiful lake. We had a nice dinner, then rested up for the 'big day' (though
she didn't know it yet). The next day, we had a lunch of... you guessed it, tacos! After lunch I took her up to the Stateline Fire Lookout, one of the most beautiful and best kept secrets about Tahoe. The views were amazing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/5view.jpg

The hike up was a lot longer and tougher than I expected (especially since I was carrying a cooler), but she was a good sport. And at the top, I brought out her favorite drink, apple cider, which never tasted better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/6cider.jpg

We had the entire lookout to ourselves. I looked into her eyes, and asked her if she wanted a present. She braced herself, knowing what
was coming...or did she? Probably not, because instead of a ring, I read her this silly poem I had been working on at her request:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/writers-corner/138377-hair-my-head.html

I think that caused her to let her guard down, but my presents didn't end there. I next gave her this scrapbook I had been working on for
months. It chronicled our entire relationship. From the first pm I sent her at Eyes on Final Fantasy, to all the places we had traveled
together, and even included pictures of her dogs which complete our family (which she particularly liked). Near the end of the book it described what was about to happen next, because then I pulled out the final present...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/7ring.jpg

Both of us in tears, I asked her to marry me. She couldn't speak, but she did nod. And that's how I got engaged.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/delmurder/DSC01140.jpg

Thank you Eyes on Final Fantasy for introducing me to the love of my life. I love you baby!

Agent Proto
08-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Aww, congrats man!! What a special way to propose, and I'm really happy for the both of you!

Del Murder and Miriel for Cutest Couple End of Year Ciddies 2011? You betcha!

sharkythesharkdogg
08-27-2011, 04:23 AM
Congrats!

You've certainly set the bar on marriage proposals. This is the sweetest thing I've read in a long time.

Madonna
08-27-2011, 04:34 AM
Hey, she did not shoot you down! You should be pleased with yourself!

Also, great and adorable story. I almost cried before I caught myself.

rubah
08-27-2011, 04:41 AM
yeah basically trying to keep from tearing up here!

many happy years, you two~

Rostum
08-27-2011, 04:41 AM
Congrats guys. :) Del you smooth player!

fire_of_avalon
08-27-2011, 04:54 AM
You guys are my role models, swear to god. I am so incredibly happy for you I can't stand it. I want to jump up and down.

:<3: y'all. I want to see sooo many pictures of the wedding.

Jiro
08-27-2011, 05:34 AM
oh fucking hell now I'm crying what the hell man

that was like the most romantic thing ever and you even made a scrapbook of things that's so cute

:heart:

Rye
08-27-2011, 06:01 AM
You guys are pretty much are the dream of peaceful and happy appreciative couples and I really hope I can have the long term happiness you guys have achieved. You really deserve this, you guys, work it! ;A; <3

Pike
08-27-2011, 06:32 AM
aww yeah, limit breakin' the post

Huge congrats to both of you :3

NorthernChaosGod
08-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Holy crap, you are one romantic motherfucker. Congrats, man! :monster:

P.S. I'm probably going to steal your idea.

Laddy
08-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Goddammit, I'm jealous of you.

You two are both two very genuine, kind-hearted, and good people and I'm so wordlessly happy for you both.

Miriel
08-27-2011, 06:59 AM
Tony also arranged for a 1 hour couple's massage, and took us to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner afterward. Filet mignon with foie gras butter, oh yeeeeeaaahh.

The book he made for me was amazing. Perfect. It made me laugh so hard and also made me cry. There's a really funny bit in there that I might share later on. There were 3 pages that included photos of our dogs, which pretty much got me bawling because Lizzie & Charlie are such a big part of our lives and I love that they were part of the proposal.

And the treasure chest was super cute and again, so perfectly suited for me. Whenever I play games, I will literally shout TREASURE!!! whenever I see a treasure chest. It took him a long time to find it too. :) Oh and I am addicted to apple cidar. No lie, I will guzzle it straight from the bottle. I can clear 2 bottles in 20 minutes, easy. I love that he brought a bottle of it up on the hike, instead of something typical like champagne.

We wanted to enjoy the day and keep it to ourselves, so we didn't tell anyone right away. We wanted it to be just for us. The next morning, I sent out a mass text and my phone BLEW UP. I got so many amazing phone calls and texts and tweets and facebook comments. Honestly, it made a beautiful proposal that much better to share it with so many people who care about us. Some of my friends work together and they called me and you can literally hear them jumping up and down and screaming at 9 in the morning. I got a lot of "my coworkers think I'm crazy!!!" messages. Honestly, I can't remember the last time my heart felt so full. Perfect perfect perfect.

Oh and my ring is bomb. Best ring ever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/engagementring1.jpg

Laddy
08-27-2011, 07:00 AM
GORGEOUS~~~

Rantz
08-27-2011, 09:01 AM
This is one of the sweetest proposals I've ever heard of. Lovely ;~; Super duper congrats to you two!

Parker
08-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Beautiful. Congratulations both!

(i didnt almost cry. nope. not me. not this guy)

Psychotic
08-27-2011, 12:21 PM
You are the pinnacle of manliness, Del. That was utterly brilliant and I can only salute you.

I'd wish you both happiness but from the looks of it you don't need a wish. :)

Rye
08-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Tony also arranged for a 1 hour couple's massage, and took us to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner afterward. Filet mignon with foie gras butter, oh yeeeeeaaahh.

The book he made for me was amazing. Perfect. It made me laugh so hard and also made me cry. There's a really funny bit in there that I might share later on. There were 3 pages that included photos of our dogs, which pretty much got me bawling because Lizzie & Charlie are such a big part of our lives and I love that they were part of the proposal.

And the treasure chest was super cute and again, so perfectly suited for me. Whenever I play games, I will literally shout TREASURE!!! whenever I see a treasure chest. It took him a long time to find it too. :) Oh and I am addicted to apple cidar. No lie, I will guzzle it straight from the bottle. I can clear 2 bottles in 20 minutes, easy. I love that he brought a bottle of it up on the hike, instead of something typical like champagne.

We wanted to enjoy the day and keep it to ourselves, so we didn't tell anyone right away. We wanted it to be just for us. The next morning, I sent out a mass text and my phone BLEW UP. I got so many amazing phone calls and texts and tweets and facebook comments. Honestly, it made a beautiful proposal that much better to share it with so many people who care about us. Some of my friends work together and they called me and you can literally hear them jumping up and down and screaming at 9 in the morning. I got a lot of "my coworkers think I'm crazy!!!" messages. Honestly, I can't remember the last time my heart felt so full. Perfect perfect perfect.

Oh and my ring is bomb. Best ring ever.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/hannahgoesrawr/engagementring1.jpg

That's so beautiful. ;__; Get teary up ins.

Madonna
08-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Oh, this might be a little late, but you may want to try living with her for a few months, Del Murder, to ensure you two get along in a domestic scene. If it turns out she always wants you to do the laundry or you repeatedly fail to dust and are shirking your duties, you may want to communicate any failings you have or see so the both of you can come to a compromise and build that beautiful relationship more. Also, farts are a big thing; Miriel, you should totally ensure he uses your patio to exhaust excessive air instead of turning your home into a gas chamber. In closing, you should consider a humidifier if the either of you snore; that is divorceville for sure.

Rebellious Eagle
08-27-2011, 04:24 PM
That is so freaking adorable that I'm starting to tear up. Congrats, you two! <333

Jessweeee♪
08-27-2011, 04:42 PM
That is a gorgeous proposal x3

Del Murder
08-27-2011, 05:03 PM
Lynx, you're such a card. We've already lived together for 2 years. I don't think there are any secrets left. Also, I would be the one to get mad about the dusting. ;)

Thanks for all the great wishes, everyone. :)

Pheesh
08-27-2011, 05:59 PM
What a pimp. Congratulations to both of you. :jess:

The Man
08-28-2011, 12:39 AM
Congrats to the both o' yas.

Freya
08-28-2011, 02:14 AM
Daawwwww this is so incredibly adorable! Congratulations! I was tearing up, who knew you were such a romantic del! I just want to hug you awkwardly and give you guys lots of congrats.

Shiny
08-28-2011, 04:56 AM
I'm so happy for you two. :jess:

And the ring is banging. Even though Tony went gangsta with it and put it in a wooden box. xD

Shlup
08-28-2011, 08:14 AM
All this work just for the Cutest Couple Ciddie. You freaking guys. Okay, I'll vote for you. Unless someone and someone else's penis gets nominated, of course.

The Captain
08-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Wonderful, just wonderful.

I'm glad you kept the initial proposal private, as it's a moment that just the two of you can share forever.

May you both have a lifetime of happiness!!

Take care all.

Jiro
08-29-2011, 06:08 AM
(i didnt almost cry. nope. not me. not this guy)

It's okay Parker, it's encouraged in this situation

Miriel
08-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Aww, you guys are so sweet. Thanks for the congratulations. <3

Madame Adequate
08-29-2011, 08:20 PM
:kakapo:

qwertysaur
08-29-2011, 08:41 PM
:kaocheer: :kaocheer: :kaocheer: Congratulations!!!!! :kaocheer: :kaocheer: :kaocheer:

that is an adorable way to propose, and I'm so happy that I'm bouncing in my seat. :D

LunarWeaver
08-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Very cute~ Congratulations to you both.

Loony BoB
09-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow, that proposal is like out of the romcom movies or something. I am seriously impressed. I'll avoid telling Danielle about this thread as she'll just get unrealistic expectations. :shifty:

Really glad for the both of you - you deserve each other and you've always come across as one of the most happy couples I've known. Basically, you're perfect and I can only see you two being happy together for all your lives. :) How far away for the wedding? :D

Jiro
09-03-2011, 01:26 AM
I hope I get an invite! :excited:

Melissaur
12-13-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm so sad I missed this when it happened :( I'm like crying this is the most romantic thing ever, an it doesn't make me want to gag <3 Congrats you guys!! So adorable!

chionos
12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Mel's a zombie! Hurry cut off her head!

I'll take this opportunity to relay my congrats as well since I didn't see this or wasn't around in August.
Well done, Monsieur Tuer. Pretty damn slick. I'm not particularly fond of overly romantic shenanigans but this was rather tastefully and elegantly planned and executed. I, also, did not feel the need to gag.
I wish you much happiness in your life together.

RSL
12-13-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm glad this thread got necroed on the random day I decided to check in here or I probably never would have seen it.

So 3ish months late I say congratulations! I'm very happy to see that things are working out between you two. I wish you all the happiness in the world. (And nice on the proposal, I didn't do anything near that epic.)

Rantz
12-13-2011, 10:00 PM
I was also considering reviving the thread today when I read this!

There's a really funny bit in there that I might share later on.

I wanna seeee!

Jiro
12-14-2011, 02:55 AM
Still hoping for an invite :excited:

Del Murder
12-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Thanks Rizzle and everyone for the warm wishes!

The funny thing she mentioned is on one page I showed a 'before' picture of our apartment when I lived in it alone. It was super clean with barely any furniture. Then the next page shows an 'after' picture from when she moved in, showing mess everywhere.

drotato
12-15-2011, 02:11 AM
Omg, this is soooo cute!
I'm so happy for you two. This was the cutest proposal ever, Del. :monster:

Quindiana Jones
12-19-2011, 03:42 PM
Del is called Tony? This thread is full of surprises.

Congratulations you big saps. Hopefully you're together until you both simultaneously die in each others arms with smiles on your faces. :D

eestlinc
12-20-2011, 02:14 AM
that is an epic proposal.

:elk: :moose:

Sylvie
12-22-2011, 09:28 AM
I should say that this is beautiful and fitting for the both of you. Best of wishes, guys. This was adorable to read.

Clo
12-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Men, please, take out your notebooks and a writing utensil and take notes.

Tigmafuzz
12-26-2011, 09:55 AM
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::h eart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
http://pictures.mastermarf.com/blog/2008/081018-love-this-thread.jpg
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::h eart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: