PDA

View Full Version : Laddy's Amazing Race: Sign-Up and Discussion Thread

Laddy
08-27-2011, 06:26 AM
I'm trying this again. Try it out!

All right, I'm going to try my first-ever hosting job at a Fantasy Race, based of the TV Show The Amazing Race. Essentially, it's about eleven teams of people with a pre-existing relationship traveling and racing around the World. So, like the show you will create a team and role-play as them but actually race around the world. So yes, having knowledge of the world and mental strength will be helpful, as puzzles, knowledge quizzes, and various other mentally challenging tasks will be tested. Most legs result in elimination for the last person to arrive. However, the person to win the the final leg wins the entire game and presumably gets $1,000,)00 or some tit.

So, Rules:
1. Don't cheat. I'm not talking about looking up information or anything, but if you find a way to do it don't.
2. Roleplay. I'm not asking for Genius here. Just have your team have an ongoing storyline, with the experience affecting their relationship and storyline.
3. Don't argue with me. If I make a mistake, let me now. But a bunch of the fun of the game is submitting answers to puzzles, having them be turned down, and then finding out yourself what you did wrong.
4. Have fun and be active! I know everyone won't be on all the time, but I prefer people actually trying to win. I give bonuses to ranking leg-by-leg so if you can get 3rd instead of 4th for one leg, it's in your best interest to try.
5. Character drama is fun, real-life drama is not. Be respectable to other forum members.

Ok, the Structure of the game:

Updates
The game is based on updates. I update the thread every 3 minutes and you respond each 3 minutes according with an action posted *like this!* Paste it, write some team commentary if you want, or complete the task given. An update is represented by a U. So a 3U means 3 updates. Your team will be under the task you have to perform next. Often times I will ask for you to PM me to submit an answer to a puzzle, quiz, or other task. PM me AND post the action to receive credit for the action. If your position on the race updates aren't changed, the answer was wrong. If I make a mistake, let me know and I'll answer you as soon as possible.

Detour
Detours are a choice between two different tasks, each using a different resource, such as creativity or intelligence. You can change tasks at anytime but you must inform me you are changing! Quitting detours gives a 16U penalty upon arrival at the Pit Stop when you Check-In.

Roadblock
Roadblocks are tasks only one teammates may perform. Basically, it's mandatory. Quitting Roadblocks result in a 16U penalty.

Yield
A Yield is when a racer can cause a team behind them to stop racing for 5U. Each team can only use it once in the entire race. There are 3 Yields on the Race.

Fast Forward
A Fast Forward is a task a team can choose to perform to cause them to skip all tasks and head directly to the Pit Stop. Typically, this will result in them winning a leg. However, each team can only use the Fast Forward once in the Race. There are 3 Fast Forwards on the Race.

Speed Bump
Typically when a team is last in a leg, they are eliminated. However, in some legs, called Non-Elimination legs (or NEL's). In these legs, the last team will instead receive an extra task they must perform in the next leg. There are three non-elimination legs in the race and they are unknown to the racers as to where they are.

Pit Stop
A Pit Stop is where teams check-in and get their final placings for that leg. It determines the end of the leg and who gets what placement. It is also the location of the start of the next leg, in which will receive a certain amount of money to use for transportation and stuff. (SO you will need to use your funds strategically!) Teams with Episode Quotes (quotes from a character that names the episode), and/or crack the Top 3 at the last leg gets a monetary bonus in the start of the next leg.

If you any questions, ask me!

Anyway, so here is the Application Form. PM this to me so I can determine the cast.

Names: Full Names of the Racers
Ages: 18+ please
Places of Residence: The cast is International.
Occupations:
Relationship: (Must be pre-existing.)
And write a 15-line script as an application video displaying their personalities, etc. Be creative but don't worry too much! Teams don't have any overt advantages by being more entertaining!

All right, so send them in and ask me any questions if you have them!

Remon
08-27-2011, 12:20 PM
That sounds interesting, however I haven't been much abroad so I don't know if I should participate. :p

demondude
08-27-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't know anybody who would be willing to be my partner which creates an issue in participating in this game of Laddy's Amazing Race for me because it is not permissible to take part by yourself.

Laddy
08-27-2011, 04:25 PM
You don't need one, the team you create is your team. There is a bit of a role-playing aspect.

And Remon, it's not really needed. I've only to three countries and I do fairly well on the race.

EDIT: To make things clear, each team consist of only one EoFFer, but two characters. The Application is essentially your character profiles, as most races I do have an entertaining role-playing aspect.