PDA

View Full Version : never leave home without it

fire_of_avalon
08-28-2011, 04:34 PM
This thread isn't about my ability to quote mass marketed slogans on command.

Do you have an item or items you rarely leave home without? I'm not talking wallet/phone because dug. I for example have a necklace I wear pretty much everyday. To the point where if I can't reach up and feel it I have a brief moment of panic.

My sister used to have a Legend of Zelda hoodie that went everywhere with her everyday. 95° in the shade in late july? She had her hoodie on or close by.

What about yous guys?!

Martyr
08-28-2011, 04:41 PM
I used to wear a chain, but I don't anymore. I still reach to my neck and check for it though, habitually, when I check myself before I leave.

I like wearing a hat when I drive. Sort of. I have a visor that I use to puff up my hair, keeping it out of my eyes. I like the way it feels tight and constricting around my head. It probably kills brain cells. I reach around and put it on before I put on my seatbelt whenever I jump in the car.
When I'm all decked out for a drive, I have my visor, my big sunglasses that fit over my regular glasses (I wear glasses. Contacts break apart in my eyes.) and I chew Orbitz gum.When I get really excited, I take off my shoes and socks so I can work with the pedals easier.

Rye
08-28-2011, 04:52 PM
I pretty much always wear my sunglasses when I drive. They really help my eyes. That aside, I don't think there's anything I always carry on me. Except for my bumblebee pouch that I made that has my lip balms and handlotions in it!

Rantz
08-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Apart from the essentials like wallet, keys, and phone, I rarely leave home without my ring ring ring!

Christmas
08-28-2011, 05:01 PM
Make up. :bigsmile:

The only time I never put on make up is on Halloween though. Everyone say I am the scariest around......:(

Pheesh
08-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Nothing really except my wallet, phone and keys. In my wallet there's always a guitar pick though, I don't know why cause I've probably used it only twice. >_>

Rye
08-28-2011, 05:11 PM
And of course, how could I forget. My mega big boy XLs for the laaaadies.

Pheesh
08-28-2011, 05:45 PM
46mm's? Guess they'll call anything extra large now days /smug

Madame Adequate
08-28-2011, 05:48 PM

No it's 46 meters x 46 meters

(I don't think this is big enough for Jess from what I remember of her but)

rubah
08-28-2011, 07:35 PM
I don't carry much around with me besides wallet/phone/keys/chapstick, but when I took my backpack to classes, I had a little pikachu phone charm and a little flower I had preserved between two pieces of tape that I always kept in there.

I guess something I wear every day are earrings and my watch, but I never don't wear them, so it didn't occur to me to mention them at first.

Pike
08-28-2011, 08:18 PM
My lovely mechanical watch, which actually never leaves my left wrist unless I'm in the shower.

And I wear a black trenchcoat a lot, which probably makes me look emo or something, I don't really care though

NorthernChaosGod
08-28-2011, 08:34 PM
I always have a knife or two on my me besides the essentials. I also try to carry around some water with me.

Shlup
08-28-2011, 09:33 PM
The only thing I don't like to leave the house with is my phone. When I go out with BJ I often don't even think to bring my ID or credit card. I sure hope he never decides to leave me wherever we are...

Standard-sized Japanese condoms are really freaking small.

starlet
08-28-2011, 09:33 PM
I always wear at least 1 bracelet on each wrist and at least one of those bracelets is usually one of those colorful rubber band ones you get from charities, causes ect....Mine are for my friends animal transport rescue. It says "Save dogs 4 legs @ a time". I also always have a choker on, usually my wiry one. And then there's my purse that has waaaaaaay too much crap in it. I have my wallet, a bottle of Excedrin, PMS meds and Ibuprofen (for my knee...I think I injured it from running with really bad shoes). What else....oh breathmints and gum, usually some lipgloss or any other makeup I need for touching up if I'm wearing any. I have a cloth muzzle for dogs that I got from my pet first aid class. Hey you never know when you'll stumble on a dog or cat in need!

NorthernChaosGod
08-28-2011, 09:51 PM
When I go out with BJ I often don't even think to bring my ID or credit card.
What the hell? Can't you get in trouble for not having ID? :Oo:

demondude
08-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Wallet, phone, keys and inflated ego.

rubah
08-28-2011, 10:35 PM
When I go out with BJ I often don't even think to bring my ID or credit card.
What the hell? Can't you get in trouble for not having ID? :Oo:
Not in america, brah.

Mercen-X
08-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Times have changed. I used to always wear my hat backward... everyday... no matter where I went or who I was expecting to see. My grandma hated it. My mom would practically slap me at church. I loved it when my high school film teacher gave me permission to wear it everyday.

I wore really dark black sunglasses anywhere I could even though I often didn't need them. I recently realized after being prescribed lenses that I like having frames of any kind on my face. It's like a nonsensical metaphorical shield from the outside world.

For a while, I dropped the cap and started to wear this velcro wrist band on my left arm and a black shoestring on my right wrist. Girls are obsessed with having some kind of bracelet on to accent their wrists. But I'm a guy. It was obviously weird.

I acquired a pair of actual jogging wristbands and started wearing those everyday while attending college. I also frequent had something around my neck. I have like 7 different "chains" (guys wear chains, girls wear necklaces) a couple of which are homemade. Most of my chains have a "talisman" (my guy way of saying a pretty charm). One looks like a ninja star, another is a chinese symbol for Tiger or something, one is a symbol for the Klingon empire (I think)... I also recently (about a year ago) acquired a strange key from an antique shop. I think it's supposed to open some kind of safe deposit box 'cause it's not shaped like a normal key. But my favorite chain has been a wallet chain which came attached to (wait for it...) a wallet given to me my grandmother. I at first, refused to use the wallet because I don't like to acknowledge gifts from this (she is horribly selfish and even though she is on welfare or retirement or whatever it is she gets, she still expects my dad to pay her back a debt for having helped us once with our rent when she's been mooching off of us for years... I don't like her). But I liked wearing the chain to college. It fits perfectly around my neck. Just tight enough to look like a choker but not so tight that I would have to be a complete idiot to wear it.

I've since gone back to wearing my hat everyday (only now it's forward) and the most important thing I usually bring with me (aside from my cel and wallet) is my flashdrive. I would die if I lost that. I've already lost two. One of them just up and disappeared at college and my girlfriend accidentally broke the other one. "Accidentally"..? Or Maliciously..? She was kind of upset that I was spending more time on the computer than with her. Oh well.

sharkythesharkdogg
08-29-2011, 12:53 AM
Y'know, I really don't have one. :confused: I thought I would, but on reflection there isn't anything.

When I was married, I never took my ring off. For anything. Ever. :roll2

It was actually a good way to lose a finger, and pretty stupid. I can be stubborn.

blackmage_nuke
08-29-2011, 01:23 AM
I always take a deck of cards but thats only because the case doubles as my wallet.

Also when I go to uni I feel strange without the weight of my laptop so even when Im pretty sure im not going to use it or for the last 5 weeks when it wasnt working, I bring it with me anyway.

Apart from that theres a no longer functioning laser pointer attatched to my keys.

Also I always bring a bucket hat because at first it was just for fun but now Ive become terrified of the sun in the last 2 years and ive grown out of the rebelious high i got from breaking the no hat no play rule drilled into me in primary school.

My bag also contains a bottle of water I've had in there for 3+ years that i havent been bothered to throw out.

NorthernChaosGod
08-29-2011, 05:09 AM
My bag also contains a bottle of water I've had in there for 3+ years that i havent been bothered to throw out.
What the fuck? :confused:

Jiro
08-29-2011, 05:58 AM
You never know when a bottle of water will come in handy!

I carry just the essentials and a pen because you never know when someone will want your autograph. You also never know when you will need to go Jason Bourne on some punk.

blackmage_nuke
08-29-2011, 03:20 PM
What the fuck? :confused:

Im secretly hoping if one day my bag gets stolen or someone goes snooping around in there they'll drink it.

Breine
08-29-2011, 04:19 PM
Keys, wallet and phone. That's basically it, really.

Slayer1514
08-29-2011, 04:36 PM
used to carry my 120Gb zune around with me everywhere till it passed away. I miss having 16,000 songs with me at all times.

AngelWings8
08-29-2011, 06:52 PM
Jewelry: Jade bracelet on left wrist and silver bracelet on right wrist, silver ring on left hand, cartilage earring and earrings in earlobes. I never take these off ever. I tend to like jewelry that I can keep on all the time (even in the shower) so I don't have to bother putting it on in the morning. Oh, and I keep a hair tie on my wrist too. Used to have a belly button ring but I'm trying to make the hole close up.

Purse: Other than the obvious phone, keys, wallet...I always bring my camera, phone charger, gum, pen, a to-do list, and a small pouch with girly "just-in-case" stuff like tampons, lotion, and some makeup. Sometimes I'll bring a magazine. It's a heavy purse...

Pike
08-29-2011, 07:49 PM
If we're talking about things aside the stuff that we wear...

Keys, wallet and phone. That's basically it, really.

Then yeah, this.

I don't use a purse; never have. Just a wallet (I need a new one, actually). Keys get clipped to a belt loop or go in a pocket, and the phone also goes into a pocket. I like pockets.

Shiny
08-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I usually always bring my sunglasses with me just in case. Even if it isn't sunny when I'm getting ready to go out.

fire_of_avalon
08-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Oh I guess I should include piercing jewelry. One in each lobe, my rook which never comes out, back helix and Jarvis. Jarvis is forever.

Also in my wallet I have this one pocket of keepsakes. Ticket stubs, receipts, and wristbands mostly.

Caboose
08-29-2011, 11:30 PM
Pants. The Gardaí frown on leaving your pants at home.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 05:41 AM
I pretty much always have my aviators when I go out on top of what I already mentioned.

Mercen-X
09-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Pants. The Gardaí frown on leaving your pants at home.

I don't know who these Gardai are but I'm inclined to agree. I don't want to see you strutting down the street with no pants.

You know? I may start a thread asking people's opinions about nudism. I am certainly not a proponent. Even pretty girls don't always look good when they go around naked all the time. Nudity should be a rarity.

demondude
09-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Come to England and tell me nudism is a good idea. I dare you.

Jiro
09-05-2011, 05:44 AM
I will tell you, but I won't be telling the truth.

Shaibana
09-05-2011, 06:45 PM
My USB-stick.
that thing is holy to me. if i cant find it, than i will panic!!
Got music and some personal stuff on it, so that i have my own music for in the car (when im alone).

U never know when u need music/usb :D

NorthernChaosGod
09-05-2011, 07:59 PM
Come to England and tell me nudism is a good idea. I dare you.
If it wasn't always raining, wouldn't that be blinding? :|

Shaibana
09-07-2011, 05:14 PM
talking about panic..
i lost my USB this morning :o searched for it but couldnt find it all morning D:
just to be sure i started the pc before i started searching to put some music on a memory-card-thingy so i could listen to my music (did that card in a usb-thing)

i didnt find it that morning and when i started the car (yaay i had the car today) it seemed that i couldnt use it for music D: so i was forced to listen to the music and the endles stupid conversations of the DJ's...

On my way home i found out that there is a port for the card itself :D

When i came home i asked my mom if she knew where my USB was... and she said she found it in her bag xD

Apearently when getting the junk off the table it fell into her bag. the bag was on the chair.

qwertysaur
09-07-2011, 05:56 PM
pokéballs. You never know when a shiny will pop out, and you always want to be prepared for when one does. :p

Pike
09-07-2011, 08:24 PM
pokéballs. You never know when a shiny will pop out, and you always want to be prepared for when one does. :p

LIVE - Shiny Ponyta after 25968 encounters!!! (Leaf Green #1) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlhaJF5Afw)

Shaibana
09-07-2011, 08:31 PM
LIVE - Shiny Ponyta after 25968 encounters!!! (Leaf Green #1) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AlhaJF5Afw)

holly mother of god.... get a life