PDA

View Full Version : Cry Me a River

Pike
08-29-2011, 05:03 PM
How often do you cry?

I do on rare occasion when I'm having a bad panic attack, or when something genuinely distressing happens (a breakup or something). Other than that, I don't cry all that often due to real-life things.

I AM, however, the world's biggest sap when it comes to media and I'll shed tears at the drop of a hat when I'm particularly moved by a movie, book, or song. For example, I can't get through Toy Story 3 without turning into a mess. :whimper: Actually, there are a LOT of movies I can't get through without turning into a mess. I am really easily touched by movies; it's kind of silly.

What about you guys?

Yar
08-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Not very often. Though I am really bad at letting my emotions get to me.

I cried probably 2 months ago (don't want to talk about it) but that was the first time I had cried since my dog died back in Nov 09. I think.

Rebellious Eagle
08-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I used to cry a lot but now I'm so used to feeling like shit I don't cry much anymore.

Madonna
08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
I cried at a salad bar yesterday. There is no defense I could have mustered.

Mirage
08-29-2011, 08:04 PM
Only when i watch disney movies.

Shiny
08-29-2011, 08:07 PM
I cried at a salad bar yesterday. There is no defense I could have mustered.
...Did you not want to eat salad?

I can't remember the last time I cried. It's been a while and it was probably over a movie.

Parker
08-29-2011, 08:29 PM
all the time, lol :D

movies books postsecret songs tv shows all make me cry. real life stuff not so much unless im thinking about what an awful human being i am (jk, im ace)

Madame Adequate
08-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Due to real life stuff, almost never. Last time I really cried was well over a year ago (I had one little episode during a bad panic attack but that was like... three tears. Doesn't count.) Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be some macho man, I very often WANT to cry and just can't.

Like Pike, media makes me cry much more easily. Still not exactly a lot, but there are a few things that will do it every time, like the last episode of Babylon 5 or Johnny Cash's rendition of Hurt.

rubah
08-29-2011, 08:34 PM
basically a leaky faucet

qwertysaur
08-29-2011, 08:36 PM
Occasionally I cry. Sometimes from laughter, sometimes from sadness. :p

Freya
08-29-2011, 10:15 PM
Yeah media and well just sappy things make me cry. My own life, not so much unless i'm super stressed out. But you show me a puppy who was beat and then no body wanted to adopt the poor guy and i'll be bawling :(

Shlup
08-29-2011, 10:16 PM
I tear up when I see an emotional video on YouTube or something, but I don't remember the last time I actually shed any of those tears.

AngelWings8
08-29-2011, 10:41 PM
I cry at sappy movies, when I'm sad and when I'm angry. Instead of yelling or throwing stuff during an argument I just cry :O_O:

Jessweeee♪
08-29-2011, 11:44 PM
I am the biggest crybaby ever. I'll cry if I have a bad daydream :|

But it's kind of annoying. If I get emotionally flustered, like mad or sad or whatever, then I start crying and can't talk anymore. Which is bad, because sometimes that's when it's most important to not stop talking :<

fire_of_avalon
08-29-2011, 11:58 PM
I cried twice in April. Once because of family stuff and once because I just completely lost my mind. Before that I'm not really sure when I cried. I don't cry a whole lot but when I get really, really frustrated I can tear up and get all shaky voiced and then I get pissed because I'm shaky voiced so I get angry shaky voice and in the end I'm just a mess with shiny big eyes and an angry shaky voice..

I am a really ugly crier, too. Like my eyes turn bright red which makes the blue even bluer and it's kind of like oh god what is this snot monster bearing down on me.

EDIT: The time before April that I cried was September of last year.

Rye
08-30-2011, 01:10 AM
I kind of cry a lot, from stress or hurt feelings or what not. I just get hurt very easily.

Media gets me too though. .__.

Cuchulainn
08-30-2011, 02:28 AM
I'm slightly askames to say i don't think ive cried since i was a kid. It's very unhealthy but it's just not how i deal. When something really fucked happens (and I had a few) i space out for a bit, get quiet, then rationalise the situation and put energies into constructive things. I'm positive if i didnt do that i'd be balling my eyes out like a baby.

Martyr
08-30-2011, 02:55 AM
My eyes get moist real easy when I'm listening to some touching music or watching something tragic on tv. Even if I think about somebody who I feel really sorry for, sometimes, out of the blue, I might need to wipe my eyes.
I'm excessively emotional for a guy who does a lot of manly, badass stuff.
Don't tell anybody. I pass a lot of it off as allergies. Leaky ceilings. Accidentally spilling my drink on my face. etc.

The only time I bawl is when I'm absolutely furious. I hate being controlled. I hate failing, especially failing my father (usually in business). I can explode into uncontrollable rages when people rise against me for unjust purposes, and then, when I fall away from the situation and have to look at the wall for a minute and accept bullet with butterfly wings, sometimes I actually cry in hatred, loathing and defeat.

I'm getting pissed right now just recalling the emotion. Which is why I always win. Even when I lose, I win. Fuck you.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 05:37 AM
I'll cry at sad shit in movies often enough, not so much for other things. I couldn't get through Toy Story 3 without crying like a big, fat baby. :(

Jiro
08-30-2011, 08:10 AM
I cry like a bitch and I will fight anyone who has a problem with that after I wipe the tears from my eyes because it's hard to see

qwertysaur
08-30-2011, 08:13 AM
I cry like a bitch and I will fight anyone who has a problem with that after I wipe the tears from my eyes because it's hard to seeJust grab some swords and flail around randomly while crying. :bigsmile:

Jiro
08-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Tears of Fury technique!

Rantz
08-30-2011, 08:48 AM
My eyes get moist real easy when I'm listening to some touching music or watching something tragic on tv. Even if I think about somebody who I feel really sorry for, sometimes, out of the blue, I might need to wipe my eyes.

Yeah, that. I don't outright cry often, but I get teary-eyed over really silly things sometimes. Last time I really cried was about relationship issues. Before that it was about a much too premature death. Before that I think I'd have to go back to when I was 12 or something, because as a teen I was the manliest man ever.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 02:18 PM
I cry like a bitch and I will fight anyone who has a problem with that after I wipe the tears from my eyes because it's hard to see
You're just the cutest little abo.

Christmas
08-30-2011, 02:35 PM
I will never cry ever again.

demondude
08-30-2011, 02:46 PM
This. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8CDERzun4k)

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 02:52 PM
This. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8CDERzun4k)
Men do though.

Peegee
08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
I cry when somebody dies
I cry when domestic abuse happens

I don't cry for any other reasons, but I do feel emotional over different things

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ecbaSRupc94/Skjm-BsBpBI/AAAAAAAAAOc/CmjLahjhA1w/s320/honey+i+shrunk+the+kids.jpg

never forget :(

Pike
08-30-2011, 04:55 PM
Misty-eyed men are the cutest ever, in my thoroughly unbiased opinion

sharkythesharkdogg
08-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Then you must think I'm entirely non-cute. I cried last year because a loved one was having issues. Before then it was.......13 years ago. Wow, I had to think about that one.

Peegee
08-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Misty-eyed men are the cutest ever, in my thoroughly unbiased opinion

that's an odd thing to say. what if I cried over the most insignificant issues, or if you raised your voice at me?

fire_of_avalon
08-30-2011, 06:23 PM
it's one thing for a person to be emotional, it's something else entirely tocry all the time. I will cry in October at my friend's wedding and that's about all the crying I intend to do for a while.

Miriel
08-30-2011, 06:25 PM
I cried the other day when I saw the video footage from my friend's wedding. I cried when I got engaged. I cried while watching the latest episode of True Blood.

It really doesn't take a lot to set me off. I've been known to cry at credit card commercials.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 10:07 PM
I've been known to cry at credit card commercials.
wat. :|

Jiro
08-30-2011, 11:21 PM
It makes me emotional when I can see this paid actor trying to sell me a product I know they know will end up ruining people's lives and credit ratings and have their cars repo'd.

Araciel
08-30-2011, 11:48 PM
:cool: 'She was daddy's little guuhull...' ~Arnold Schwarzenneger

Anyway ... maybe once every year or two but I get teary when I watch 'It's A Wonderful Life' every year... and maybe a few other times.

Pike
08-31-2011, 01:53 AM
:cool: 'She was daddy's little guuhull...' ~Arnold Schwarzenneger

This was the best movie ever.

Iceglow
09-01-2011, 12:27 AM
I don't cry very often at all. Last time I proper cried I think was when I suffered a mini-breakdown. I'm the kind of guy who will get upset, get choked up and then get mad that he's upset and choked up and end up angry or bottling it up. I guess I'm British in a stereotypical sense I display what can only be described as a stiff upper lip and keep on going.

Laddy
09-01-2011, 12:31 AM
I'm in man card debt.

Mercen-X
09-04-2011, 10:46 PM
I brood. My emotions are locked in an icebox to which my ex has the only key. Every now and then when I think about her, I think I can make out the shape of that key, but I can't get the lock open. I feel so emotionally inept and numb that I'm constantly wishing for a good weap-fest. I got close a couple of nights ago while watching an episode of Fullmetal Alchemist and Winry was running around excitedly picking up stuff for Edward to buy for her. She eventually shrieked in glee much the same way my ex did and I found it so heartwarming that my eyes got warm and had that tingle in my nose like I was about to start bawling right there. But then the moment passed. I tried rewinding to that scene again, but the affect it had had on me was not repeated.

Oh, lost, my love, forever, without thee, shall I be. *still wishing I could weap*

G13
09-05-2011, 08:50 AM
Every time I watch Black Beauty I head straight to the bathroom, lock the door, curl up in the tub, and quietly weep to myself. His friends are gone and all he has is his memories. :(

I cry when I feel like crying. It's not healthy to bottle it all up, and I'm not so insecure with myself that I should be afraid of crying in front of people.

I don't bawl often though. During movies, or tv shows, or just really sad or shocking parts in books, I'll shed a few tears, but legitimate emotional pain is the only time I can justify hardcore, nonsensical rambling, snot dribbling out of my nose, full on bawling, and I don't make it a habit to be in those kind of situations very often.

Pike
09-05-2011, 04:18 PM
I don't bawl often though. During movies, or tv shows, or just really sad or shocking parts in books, I'll shed a few tears, but legitimate emotional pain is the only time I can justify hardcore, nonsensical rambling, snot dribbling out of my nose, full on bawling, and I don't make it a habit to be in those kind of situations very often.

Yeah, I think I should clarify my original post: I consider a couple of tears to be "crying" :p Full on bawling is something I haven't done since... gosh I dunno. My last breakup, maybe? (It was a messy one.)

NorthernChaosGod
09-05-2011, 08:07 PM

Yeah, I think I should clarify my original post: I consider a couple of tears to be "crying" :p Full on bawling is something I haven't done since... gosh I dunno. My last breakup, maybe? (It was a messy one.)
I guess I'll qualify that I was only considering some tears and maybe some light sniffling as crying. I haven't full on bawled for some time.

Loony BoB
09-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Since I was around 15, the only things that have got tears running down my face have been emotionally painful experiences (breakups, death of pets) or just... emotional thoughts. For example, every 1-2 years I might suddenly get this weird thing where I really, really miss my family, or one of the pre-mentioned pets. Actually, yeah... I think that covers everything. I just don't cry very often, really. I used to have moments when I really wanted to cry, but I haven't really had one of those moments for a long time, now, either.

Music/movies/etc. have never made me cry since I was a kid. And even then, only once - when I was a little kid, I saw a documentary where a bear cub was stuck on a rock in a raging flooded river and the documentary dude was like "This cub is surely doomed." or something, and the cub's mum was on the side of the river, pacing or something. It was traumatic for a boy at that age - roughly five to seven years old - and I ran to my Mum crying, begging to know why the humans who were videotaping it weren't helping the cub. It is, to this day, possibly still one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen on screen.

champagne supernova
09-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I almost cried when I watched How to Train Your Dragon. To be fair to myself, I was coming off a massive MD high, but still: -1 000 man points.

Pike
09-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Music/movies/etc. have never made me cry since I was a kid. And even then, only once - when I was a little kid, I saw a documentary where a bear cub was stuck on a rock in a raging flooded river and the documentary dude was like "This cub is surely doomed." or something, and the cub's mum was on the side of the river, pacing or something. It was traumatic for a boy at that age - roughly five to seven years old - and I ran to my Mum crying, begging to know why the humans who were videotaping it weren't helping the cub. It is, to this day, possibly still one of the most heartbreaking things I have ever seen on screen.

That's really depressing :(

Jiro
09-07-2011, 12:18 AM
And that explains why you're such an empty shell of a man :(

Mercen-X
09-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I had a dream that my ex confronted me and told me she had a boyfriend. I didn't cry.

My ex came down from Canada last Saturday and I talked to her on the phone on Sunday night. When we hung up, memories stirred of all the past conversations we'd had that ended in "I love you." Not tonight though. I was so strongly tempted to say it and left with the realization that neither of us did, I cried like a little girl. I shed a single tear in each eye and my face turned red. It made it easier that I was lying on my back. Better for flow. But it didn't last. It was enough, I'd say, though.

I hung out with her down in Con, day after Labor, and I committed harakiri for her viewing pleasure. (i.e. I spilt my guts about all of my pent up emotional crap she really didn't need to hear because I'm selfish like that.) She's certain we'll remain friends forever. The thought of that makes me sick. I mean it makes me happy... but it also makes me angry. The conflict makes me sick.

Zeldy
09-10-2011, 09:09 PM
When I get angry, I get upset. It's incredibly infuriating. I end up not being able to get my argument across from filling up, very very annoying. The last time I cried, and it was only a few tears, was after my last 'break-up' because he, ah I don't really want to get into it, but he hurt me.

Im not gonna lie, totally filled up at the end of Gran Torino. Tears were flowing down my cheeks!

Iceglow
09-11-2011, 03:39 PM
All honesty, I thought I would've cried at the pain of popping my thumb back in to place. It hurt like hell but I didn't it's weird, I don't remember when I last cried in sheer pain. I didn't cry with the pain of my shattered jaw, broken kneecap, fractured elbow, cracked ribs, dislocated shoulder blade, cuts taken....I must've still been in high school around year 8 or 9!

blackmage_nuke
09-11-2011, 11:37 PM
I usually cry during a movie and sometimes when I yawn my eyes water up for no reason. Usually I get more angry than sad at real life issues so i dont really cry there.

I very rarely make any audible noise as a result of crying, its usually just tears.

Kokichi
09-11-2011, 11:40 PM
When I get upset, my eyes go through the tearing motions. It never gets to the point of crying though.

Now, put in the same scenario when intoxicated?

I used to cry every weekend, having "those deep, drunken arguments" with a few friends.

I've only cried a few times sober.

fire_of_avalon
09-12-2011, 02:29 AM
I'm watching Breaking Bad right now and stupid last episode I watched made my eyes tingle. Dammit.

Loony BoB
09-12-2011, 12:42 PM
sometimes when I yawn my eyes water up for no reason.
I get wet eyes when I'm tired, too, but I don't think that counts as crying.

Shiny
09-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Misty-eyed men are the cutest ever

Pretty much. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjH68C6TY2M)

Mercen-X
09-14-2011, 03:17 AM
When I get angry, I get upset!

This was my experience in sixth grade.