PDA

View Full Version : End of internet withdrawal

qwertysaur
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Over the summer I was visiting with family members, (my Mom was even kind enough to make the visit a surprise for me, I didn't even know I was going until the day we left) and left without internet because they are one of the 10 people who still have Dial up. :|

So when I wasn't spending time with them I played a lot of video games and reread the entire wheel of time series. :p

What do you do when you have no internet access for a couple months?

Madonna
08-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Cutting seems to relieve the pain.

Pike
08-29-2011, 07:46 PM
What do you do when you have no internet access for a couple months?

Wait, what is this like

Is this like

not eating for a couple of months?

If so I think hospitalization would probably be involved

Mirage
08-29-2011, 07:54 PM
For a couple of months? That is quite a long time. It is also a completely unrealistic scenario for me, as I would resort to getting internet access via my mobile phone. Even if it ended up costing me a few hundred bucks.

Jessweeee♪
08-29-2011, 08:05 PM
I clicked the second option, and then I actually read your post. Two months, I would die! Right now I don't actually have internet. I browse when I have downtime at work, or I leech from the neighbors. If I couldn't do that I would probably shrivel. But I could go to the library or intrude upon a friend for things that I NEED it for, like job applications or registering for school.

rubah
08-29-2011, 08:35 PM
ahem i play private games of eyes on who....

Parker
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
last time it happened i woke up in the middle of a busy road naked and masturbating with no idea how i got there

qwertysaur
08-29-2011, 09:15 PM
ahem i play private games of eyes on who....
I have the info on my home PC, so it will go up tonight. ;)

Del Murder
08-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Usually when I go on vacation and there's no internet, I spend my spare time reading or playing portable video games. It's nice.

Pike
08-29-2011, 09:21 PM
It's really funny because I never had good solid internet access until I was about, oh, 21 or 22 years old or something, and I was fine. I read a lot and I played a lot of video games. I went online when I could, which wasn't often-- just between classes at school-- and sort of just dealt with it.

But these days I'd go nuts. Work is bad enough (I don't have internet access while there).

Laddy
08-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Finally get laid.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 05:51 AM
I went without Internet for a small part of the day yesterday and nearly died. I couldn't handle going without it for more than a few days.

:(

Jiro
08-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Apart from the fact I would probably fail uni, I'd manage alright. Probably get through a fair few of these games I'm meant to have finished.

I would miss you bastards also but I would replace you with real life friends strangers who I would stick post it notes on and refer to by screen names.

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
I would miss you bastards also but I would replace you with real life friends strangers who I would stick post it notes on and refer to by screen names.
I think I could handle you leaving for a bit, just for this to occur.

Christmas
08-30-2011, 02:27 PM
NO INTERNET!!!??? WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL!!?? BACK IN THOSE DAYS WHEN WE HAVE NO INTERNET, WE PLAY SNAKES AND LADDER!!! WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!! YOU YOUNG LADS... SERIOUSLY!! I LOL!!!

Madonna
08-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Back in my day, we chucked rocks at each other's heads and we liked it. Now you have your smartphones and Idroids and what-have-you, but if it were not for them auto-correct functions, where would you be? Hell, we did not mind when we had our modems screaming weird sounds if it meant we could get online, but what do you have now? Wireless Internet adapters and clouds, whatever that means. You kids do not know the half of it, so why not go out back for a minute and have a rock chucked at your head until you do?

Pike
08-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Speaking of "back in my day", who remembers this sound? Modem - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKOUEpQ8pRY) :bigsmile:

sharkythesharkdogg
08-30-2011, 05:53 PM
NO INTERNET!!!??? WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL!!?? BACK IN THOSE DAYS WHEN WE HAVE NO INTERNET, WE PLAY SNAKES AND LADDER!!! WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!! YOU YOUNG LADS... SERIOUSLY!! I LOL!!!

WTF is snakes and ladder?

Before the internet I did lots of LAN party Doom games. and a shit ton of King's Quest 6. (sooooooo veerry much Doom. I made myself physically ill.)

I've never been cool. :cry:

fire_of_avalon
08-30-2011, 06:10 PM
I would probably be a productive member of society. As it stands I have little control over my jonesing.

demondude
08-30-2011, 07:01 PM
I would become boring and quiet as a lot of humour in my life would be taken away from me.

http://i.imgur.com/JEcO1.jpg

NorthernChaosGod
08-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Speaking of "back in my day", who remembers this sound? Modem - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKOUEpQ8pRY) :bigsmile:
:nonono:

Jiro
08-30-2011, 11:20 PM
I don't like rocks being chucked at me but I do like bricks being thrown at me. I need them for my house.