PDA

View Full Version : Day off!

Yar
08-30-2011, 01:46 PM
I called off work today. It's the first time I've ever done it at any job I've had.

WELL ok I tried to call off but none of my bosses answered their phone any of the 7 times I called work. But, I sent them an email! So hopefully they read that before they call me to ask where I am. xD

So I'm going to lie in bed all day and make my roommate take care of me. :3 AUGH I WANT TO DIE RIGHT NOW IM SO SICK

when was your last day off?

Christmas
08-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Today! :bigsmile:

AND IT IS COMING TO AN END!! OMG!!! :(

Parker
08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
i got sent home early :D

it was a pretty pointless shift but now i have two extra hours!

Pike
08-30-2011, 05:03 PM
I called in sick a couple of months ago because I was up the entire night playing vidya and then I was too tired in the morning. Absolutely true story and I have no regrets.

Anyways today is my last day at my current job and I couldn't be happier about this fact :jess:

AngelWings8
08-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Two Fridays ago I took a whole day off for "summer hours" (when you work an extra 4 hours over 2 weeks and get a half Friday...or save it up for a full day) because my family was coming into town. I'll be taking another full day off this Friday for summer hours to fly to Vancouver for my cousin's wedding. With work and errands and just all the stuff that needs to get done...it's nice being able to just take a day off and do nothing.

fire_of_avalon
08-30-2011, 06:30 PM
I had Saturday off. I went to a bridal shower, made punch and was the bride's slave for a few hours. I have tomorrow off. I intend to study, do laundry, clean my house, get the particle accelerator running...

sharkythesharkdogg
08-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Don't forget my arsenic cake cheesecake!!

Jiro
08-30-2011, 11:35 PM
YEAH! CHEESECAKE.

I take every day off.

Shlup
08-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Unemployment is both amazing and terrifying. Today I am blogging, experimenting with Shrinky Dink, and painting a giant teacup.

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2011, 12:32 AM
How is it terrifying then?

Shlup
08-31-2011, 01:55 AM
I want money.

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2011, 02:13 AM
You want more money?

Pike
08-31-2011, 02:14 AM
http://howpeopleviewme.net/images/howpeopleviewme/How_They_See_Me_When_I_Tell_Them_I_m_Unemployed.png

Shlup
08-31-2011, 03:20 AM
That is for true.

You want more money?
Uhm, yes.

I've still been applying for work, but no dice other than substitute teaching.

Martyr
08-31-2011, 03:38 AM
lol @ teaching.

Down here, they won't even look at you unless you've had 3-5 years of experience, and that's okay because everybody's getting laid off and experienced teachers are swarming the market.
I applied at lots of places, but was laughed out of most.
Thank goodness I got out of that racket.

Anyway, I don't take days off. I run my own business. If I'm sick, I take an hour and sleep in a chair in the back room (although it usually means I don't get to take off for lunch).

qwertysaur
08-31-2011, 03:46 AM
Right now I'm my own boss so a day off I when I say so. :bigsmile:

NorthernChaosGod
08-31-2011, 04:53 AM
That is for true.

You want more money?
Uhm, yes.

I've still been applying for work, but no dice other than substitute teaching.
Well who doesn't want money? :p

crashNUMBERS
08-31-2011, 05:17 AM
blahhh I hate work. Its fun, good pay, but crap hours.

anywho, my schedule changed every week. but now that school started, the only two days I cant work due to class placements within the day are monday and wednesday. hopefully that stays consistent

Iceglow
08-31-2011, 07:40 AM
Last time I had to call in on a shift and not go in was last thursday, I was dealing with the aftermath of the weds night which involved going to a police station at around 4am til around 7am to give a statement. I hadn't slept and was needed to help another person whose first language was Polish (I am the only person in my house who could have helped her) not to mention she wanted me with her since she felt safer with me. Thankfully after giving my boss a short explanation he agreed to my suggestion that we swap my day off to the thursday and I would work the friday instead. Doing that on no notice is both unusual and extremely generous of him when he could have given me shit for being off instead.

Rodarian
08-31-2011, 12:09 PM
I have five days off right because of Eid Holidays... Yay me :cool: