PDA

View Full Version : Yunalesca boss help

cat121212
08-31-2011, 12:38 PM
To be frank, I really need help to beat yunalesca (I know, all my threads are help threads :roll2) anyways, I can get up to her 3rd form but buy the time I whittle down her last bits of HP I always seem to die, which is very frustrating ;__; (watching that 15 min cutscene before-hand over again is NOT fun)
Any tips to help beat this scantily-clad boss?

qwertysaur
08-31-2011, 01:42 PM
For the first phase she will react to your attacks with status effects, countering physical attacks with Blind, and magical with silence. It's a pretty simple phase, and it is not dangerous so you can use this part of the battle to cast any buffs on your party, particularly haste.

During her second phase she will focus on turning your characters into zombies and casting healing spells on them. Just make sure one character is a zombie when she goes into her third phase, because she will always use Mega Death as her first attack in that phase.

The trick to her third form is you want to keep some characters
Zombified to survive her Mega Death spell, but you will need to remove
the Zombie status on anybody you want to heal. Also unleash all your overdrives here

A second method would be to customize Deathproof armor, and also possibly Zombieproof as well. Deathproof requires 60 farplane winds which you can get for capturing one of each fiend on the calm lands. Zombieproof requires 10 candles of life, which can be stolen from the fallen monks in the dome. This will make the battle much easier because you will always have someone who survives Mega Death and can heal without removing the zombie status.

Yuna will probably be the
most important fighter throughout the battle against her, so do your
best to keep her alive and hasted whenever possible. During the first phase she can remove any status effects your party gets hit by, and holy will do a lot of damage if you have learned it. You can also summon an Aeon to do a lot of damage to her, but make sure the Aeon can use an overdrive because Yunalesca will quickly kill any Aeon you send out.

If you are playing the PAL version after beating her don't forget to grab the sun crest after fighting her, or another powerful boss will be guarding it when you come to get it later.

Depression Moon
08-31-2011, 09:40 PM
What Ivysaur said.

Parker
08-31-2011, 11:12 PM
THIS IS UR STORY - Auron

cat121212
09-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Thank you for the tips & suggestions :) I'll be sure to try beating Yunalesca again soon :cool:

dambaz
11-29-2011, 03:57 PM
i had bother with yunalesca my first play through the first two fight i had no problem but her final form was a nightmare MEGA-DEATH............game over