PDA

View Full Version : School!

Laddy
09-01-2011, 12:34 AM
I'm still in High School, so I guess I'm still innocent or what-not. Anyway, how was your high school? Were you a good student? What were your favorite subjects?

Me? I'm a pretty good student. I have a 3.71 GPA as of now and I'm in a load of advanced courses. I'm like, really good in AP English and AP Government this year, but I absolutely fucking hate math. Thank god I'm only in Finite and Finite is easy as balls.

So, let's talk about school.

Shiny
09-01-2011, 12:47 AM
My school decided to change my Line Producing class to the same exact time as my Creative Producing class at the last minute. Good thing is I will now be able to take a comedy class in replace of the switching. ^_^

Fall is looking good. Only two days of classes and they're all in the afternoon. As for high school, my favorite subject was history because it was easy and all the teachers I had were fun people. I also liked Functions, Stats, Trigonometry (all in one class) and English.

Jiro
09-01-2011, 02:44 AM
I've only got just over a year to go until I've finished my damn undergrad.

Our GPA is a 7 point scale with 1-3 being varying types of failure. My GPA is rubbish after doing creative writing classes so I will not share it in order to maintain some illusion of intelligence.

I'm currently doing a couple politics courses and one journalism class, and next semester I should be studying at the University of Wyoming. I look forward to seeing journalism presented by a country who actually explicitly gives free speech to its citizens.

Rye
09-01-2011, 04:21 AM
Being battered to death with my undergrad after having transferred and studied abroad. I should be graduating this spring, but I definitely won't graduate on time; right now, it's down to whether I can finish everything by the end of next summer, or if I'll be forced into a fall semester for one extra straggling class. Soul crushing. .__.

I have a 3.8 GPA.

Shlup
09-01-2011, 04:22 AM
I was a horrid little shit when I was in high school. I think my attitude was pretty good, but I was all Rage Against the Stepfather and I ditched school a lot. I didn't go to any school events other than senior prom (first date with BJ, woo) and a couple of other senior events, and my grades were pretty crappy. Having to deal with authority kind of turns me into an obnoxious asshole, but in college I did really well. Mostly 'cause I could leave whenever I wanted to and no one cared if I didn't do my homework.

Yar
09-01-2011, 04:25 AM
I need to raise my GPA this semester. I've never had it under 3 before. I think a 4.0 this semester is well in the realm of possibility.

My schedule:
Japanese III-1
Linguistics and English Grammar [Grad-level course]
Introduction to Science
Ethnicity

Laddy
09-01-2011, 04:32 AM
I've only got just over a year to go until I've finished my damn undergrad.

Our GPA is a 7 point scale with 1-3 being varying types of failure. My GPA is rubbish after doing creative writing classes so I will not share it in order to maintain some illusion of intelligence.

I'm currently doing a couple politics courses and one journalism class, and next semester I should be studying at the University of Wyoming. I look forward to seeing journalism presented by a country who actually explicitly gives free speech to its citizens.We should totally hang out! I will drive ALL the way to Wyoming to see you!

Pike
09-01-2011, 07:27 AM
I love learning, but I seem to do poorly with it in a traditional academic setting; it doesn't pique my interest as as a random Wikipedia spree or something would. Anyways, my attitude throughout all of both high school and college was "Slightly exceed minimum requirements so I can slide by with a B or so and still have lots of time to play videogames."

So that is exactly what I did. I rarely if ever studied, barely did over the minimum for everything, and so forth. Got my high school diploma and a bachelor's that way.

I've no regrets about that aspect of my schooling. I do, however, have regrets about what I majored in (Media & Theatre Arts) on a pretty much daily basis. See, I decided about halfway through that I had no interest in the topic anymore, but I couldn't afford to switch majors, and besides, I had no idea what I'd even want to switch to. Also it's pretty much impossible to get a job in the field, even if I was still interested in it. So I'm working part time in retail and trying to defer my student loans as long as possible! Yay!

Like I said. Regrets every day. :(

Chemistry was always my favorite subject though. I should've done that. GG for not doing that, Pike! :kakapo:

qwertysaur
09-01-2011, 07:08 PM
I love my schedule this semester.

School and Society
Linear Algebra
Child Psychology
Dynamics of Oral Communication
Math Practicum (I tutor for college credit)

Darkswordofchaos
09-01-2011, 07:20 PM
my High school was teeny tiny i had some 96 kids in my graduating class maybe. my technique for HS was to slack of, skip, and avoid as much class work/homework as possible then just blow the quiz test final out of the water to make up for it. this was quite infuriating to many of my teachers. as for all you fancy pants college kids :mock: I got to a nice technical school to learn somthing that i can actually use with a 3.5 ish gpa right now

Slayer1514
09-01-2011, 07:58 PM
high school was fun, goofed off in classes and the teachers got mad at me cause they knew i knew the stuff. Loved band it was by far my favorite class, followed closely by history and math.

Jessweeee♪
09-01-2011, 07:59 PM
My grades varied in high school. I'd be making Ds in at least half of my classes all throughout the semester, but I always managed to pull those Ds up to Cs before they got put on MY PERMANENT RECOOOOORRRD (transcript). I suspect this was not always my doing, though. The other half were As, always in Math, but otherwise all electives that I took because they were easy or interesting, and there was the occasional B. Somehow wound up with something like a 3.5 GPA.

College was another story :|

Pumpkin
09-01-2011, 09:31 PM
I aced everything but I hated school. It was so BORING!

I made it to grade 10 and then dropped out. Then went back for a month, then dropped out. Then went back for a semester and then dropped out. Then went back for 4 months, then dropped out. I got my high school equivilancy this summer.

That's right, I dropped out 4 times.

Jiro
09-02-2011, 07:55 AM
That has to be some kind of record!

Parker
09-02-2011, 10:14 AM
school was ok. I was an average student. I consider myself pretty intelligent and capable but I was not at all organised or motivated and suffered for it. I did a year at one uni doing a course I didn't like so dropped out. I'm about to start my second year at another course, which I'm enjoying much more. I'm still not sure what I want to do with my life, and I sometimes regret wasting my time in uni the first time around, but not much can be done about that.

Martyr
09-02-2011, 03:00 PM
If I knew what I know now, I'd have gotten into more fights in school. Except this time, I would start them. All that social anxiety and pain and harrassment could've been easily remedied if I simply hurt the bastards. I was so intimidated by rules and "doing the right thing." What a waste.
Schoolwork is easy. Whatever.
"Dumb kids" don't find schoolwork hard. They usually just put it on a low priority, and I kinda figured that, so I was never proud of my grades.
In college, I should've taken courses more relevant than pure art stuff. Although I really liked art.
If I knew what I know now, I probably would've done a lot of specific things. Women. Who I rejected on the basis of some sort of skewed understanding of morality which I now know was a misunderstanding. Sort of. Not really, but even still. Thgat pretty blonde girl. Something about the ages.

Anyway, the only thing worse than school is teaching it. Unruly swine. I swear, if I ran a school, I'd fill it with mud and make the children eat slop out of a trough.
But I don't run a school. Maybe someday.

Jiro
09-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Anyway, the only thing worse than school is teaching it. Unruly swine. I swear, if I ran a school, I'd fill it with mud and make the children eat slop out of a trough.
But I don't run a school. Maybe someday.

Suddenly I'm glad I'm out of school.

demondude
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
I would fucking love to play in mud all day.

Rebellious Eagle
09-02-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm the kind of student everyone hates. I never study but get good grades and maintain a 3.8-4.0 GPA. While everyone crams for the SATs and finals I'm playing video games, and yet I still get good grades x3 I don't take school seriously. At all. I really don't care.

Remon
09-02-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm the kind of student everyone hates. I never study but get good grades and maintain a 3.8-4.0 GPA. While everyone crams for the SATs and finals I'm playing video games, and yet I still get good grades x3 I don't take school seriously. At all. I really don't care.

I don't like you already.

:p

demondude
09-02-2011, 06:14 PM
I don't know what a GPA is, but I got a D in GCSE German so up yours!

Remon
09-02-2011, 06:20 PM
We calculate GPA differently here by the way. (we don't use letters for grades :p)
We usually have like 12 mandatory subjects/courses (we don't get to choose unfortunately), and the grades vary from 4(lowest)-10(highest).
So at the end of high school I had a GPA of 9.05. It's not the best, but it's not too bad either. It got me into college at least. :p

Darkswordofchaos
09-02-2011, 08:00 PM
"if i knew then what i know now" the age old if only.

Personally i would love to take every memory and experince ive learned from keep them all and go back to the start of my junior year. I'd rock that place.

Shlup
09-02-2011, 08:05 PM
I'm teaching chemistry next week! FFFFUUUUU--

Rebellious Eagle
09-02-2011, 09:54 PM
In my school 4.0 GPA is perfect, so. Dx
Chemistry to me was such a useless class. All it was was some math with some lame experiments thrown in. Yawn. At least this year I'm taking genetics.

NorthernChaosGod
09-02-2011, 11:14 PM
I don't like your purely because my stupid high school was mostly grunt work. It was not the quality of work you did but the quantity. I hated that shit.

Pike
09-03-2011, 01:31 AM
I like how I'm the only person in the world who actually likes chemistry. :cool:

NorthernChaosGod
09-03-2011, 02:04 AM
I liked chemistry! My high school chemistry teacher told me how to make chloroform. :jokey:

Darkswordofchaos
09-03-2011, 05:03 AM
I took all the biology classes think i liked that more than i would have liked the chemisty classes

Jiro
09-03-2011, 05:05 AM
We played with fireworks in chemistry in year 10. After that it got serious so I decided not to do it.

Remon
09-03-2011, 10:29 AM
The only subject i didn't like was physics, but that's cause our teacher was a slut.

Darkswordofchaos
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
The only subject i didn't like was physics, but that's cause our teacher was a slut.

Whats the problem here?

Like they say, if you find out a girl is easy you dont call her a slut, you just call her :p

starlet
09-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I hated highschool. I don't remember much about it because I slept through most of my classes that weren't art classes. It's a miracle that I even graduated.

Raistlin
09-03-2011, 10:21 PM
High school was boring academically. I could not be motivated to give a tit about homework, which was regularly late, and studying was an alien concept for me. I somehow managed a 3.6 or so GPA, in large part due to all the AP courses I took.

Oh, how I wish for a high school workload again. Or even a college one.