PDA

View Full Version : [Photography] Sept. Photo Competition.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Dear jerks,

It's time for the September Photo Competition. Last month Zorander and JeganRX went into a tie-breaker. Thumbs up to both gentlemen for making such a close competition. Only one could win, and the round went to Zorander.

He has chosen the theme,

:(:mad2::mad::love::eep::blush::onoes::crying::pissed::bored::laughing::x_x: EMOTION :(:mad2::mad::love::eep::blush::onoes::crying::pissed::bored::laughing::x_x:

He's also questioned exactly what the limits are on graphic manipulation in a photo, so I've made my rules a little more specific. This should create some polarized opinions on photos, and will make the competition even better. I'm excited.

Any questions about the rules can probably be cleared up by reading them. They're located here (http://forums.eyesonff.com/relms-studio/137662-monthly-photography-competition-rules.html). If you have others, I'm a PM away.

This month the window to get your picture submissions in will be the 15th. Then 5 days of voting.

GOOD LUCK PHOTOGRAPHERS!!

Photo submissions below.

1) Display of Emotion http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g125/mb1983/Mixedfeelingssmall.jpg

2) Dog http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac184/demondude_DD/oscar44.jpg

3) Happy in Love http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/320253_10100853200446280_1900396_66404394_125025983_n.jpg

4) Gleeful Bubbles http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9917/10092011488.jpg

Jiro
09-01-2011, 02:16 AM
I am immediately reminded of Dead Rising and taking a photo of that old fat couple on the rooftop. NICE! [PP BONUS!]

Emotion is going to be hard, but fortunately in class next week we're supposed to go take photos of strangers so I will kill two birdies with one camera.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-02-2011, 01:31 AM
We have our first photo. I think it's a neat take on the theme.

I'm really liking this little contest idea. (It wasn't mine, but I gladly stole it from another forum I frequent). I'm glad you people seem to as well. I get excited every month.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-02-2011, 05:44 AM
I'm already getting some concerns expressed about how open the rules are on what ccan be done to a photo before it becomes your end product. I had a feeling when I started this that the issue would pop up. I thought about making two separate contest. One for photography and one for photo editing, but just didn't think there'd be enough for each category to separate them. Tell me what you think.

This is your contest EOFF, and I'm open to all feedback on changing it to make it more enjoyable. Read the discussion and give you feedback. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/relms-studio/137662-monthly-photography-competition-rules.html#post3018436)

Seriously! I don't want to hear people complaining about later about how they don't like certain rules when they didn't chime in before. Thanks!

sharkythesharkdogg
09-06-2011, 06:28 PM
We have a new submission, and it's quite awesome. Prepare yourself for heart melting cuteness.:kakapo:

zorander
09-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Awwww ^_^
Puppy looks sad :(

Jiro
09-07-2011, 12:36 AM
I'm struggling to think of ideas and I left my camera at home :x

sharkythesharkdogg
09-07-2011, 02:41 AM
Well, we have two different takes on it.

Remember, the second picture proves you don't have to take a picture of an emotion. You can try to take a picture of something that makes the viewer feel an emotion.

zorander
09-07-2011, 09:53 AM
Find a baby, play peekaboo, take a picture. Babies do emotion very well :P

Del Murder
09-07-2011, 06:05 PM
'Excuse me, mamm, can I borrow your baby for a minute?'

sharkythesharkdogg
09-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Before you ask her for her child you should put on a trench coat and go for a long run.

That way when you'll walk up you'll be hot, sweaty, and out of breath. This will show her that you believe in regular exercise, and the trench coat will show that you're a snazzy dresser and take positive actions to improve your self image.

How can she not trust her child with such a responsible, healthy young adult?

zorander
09-07-2011, 09:49 PM
'Excuse me, mamm, can I borrow your baby for a minute?'

Drinking coffee whilst reading post... Unexpected giggles leading to wet laptop and fit of coughing.

fire_of_avalon
09-08-2011, 12:14 AM
omg I am going to hug that dog. Everyone hurry so I can know who took that picture so I can go hug that dog.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-08-2011, 12:25 PM
I don't see how everyone hurrying is going to speed up time. There will still be the rest of the submission period AND the 5 day voting window.

I have spoken!!

fire_of_avalon
09-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Or you can make the deadline be right now and give me my way :mad2:

*waits to be able to stalk then hug Dog.*

sharkythesharkdogg
09-12-2011, 04:32 PM
We have a third photo! Another good one, too.

This month has been dead! :mad2: Three days left you lazy bastards. :kakapo:

zorander
09-12-2011, 08:44 PM
We have a third photo! Another good one, too.

This month has been dead! :mad2: Three days left you lazy bastards. :kakapo:

Perhaps this is my fault for choosing such an abstract theme...

Del Murder
09-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I'm terrible with vague themes.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-13-2011, 01:08 AM
I honestly thought about making emotion the theme for the first competition, but I had the same fears. I think you scared them all off! ;)

Maybe everyone else should take a picture of something weird and name it "confusion" or "frustration". :p

I propose nature for the next theme, but we'll see what the winner goes with.

zorander
09-13-2011, 11:44 PM
I thought of taking a picture of myself in a creepy clown mask with bony fingers and long dark nails, half hidden behind the door of my closet in a poorly lit room and creepy lighting. I would then have submitted it under "Fear".
Likewise, I could have taken a picture of my Step-dad and sister when they did their "Oreo Challenge"... Much fun and laughter was had and it was impossible for either of them to keep a straight face for more than 5 seconds.

I thought "Emotion" would be an interesting, if challenging theme, and one that would easily encourage human subjects and easily identifiable feelings.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Photo number 4 has arrived! Lots of cute ones this month.