PDA

View Full Version : This guy are new... to EOFF!

Bubba
09-01-2011, 07:40 PM
A bit of a late introduction from me. My name's Danny and I'm from Manchester in the UK. I only joined EOFF a couple of weeks ago. I may have re-started a few old threads (pretty new to forums) so my thanks to "Jiro" for sorting them out!

I don't have a huge Final Fantasy knowledge but have loved all the games I've played. Only managed to complete one so far - Final Fantasy 7 which I was a bit obsessed with when I bought it in 1997. I've also been side-tracked in the following games...

Final Fantasy 8 - (spent days trying to get GF Cactuar. Any tips are most welcome!)
Final Fantasy 10 - (unhealthy addiction to Blitzball)
Final Fantasy 12 - (Water + PS2 console = not good)

I've been given PS1 copies of FF6 and FF9 which I am assured make essential playing... once that Cactuar GF is mine!

I also promise not to make any comment on any threads regarding "Final Fantasy 7 Remake"...

qwertysaur
09-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome to EoFF! :cactuar: You are going to love it here!

The anthologies version of FF VI has terrible load times, but that game is amazing so see if you can play the advance version instead so you can get the full magical experience. :p

Pike
09-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Greetings and welcome! :D

Madame Adequate
09-01-2011, 08:53 PM
filfy mancunians

:love: I'm a dirty midlands scrote so yeah not like I can say owt

Welcome to the forums dued, don't play FFIX it's overrated pap, play VI instead!

Bubba
09-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Cheers for the advice guys! I think I'll start with VI once I've persevered with VIII!

This is probably a daft question but is it worth playing all the games through right from the first one?

I've seen a PS1 game with all the first three one compilation.

demondude
09-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Welcome. The big question is, United or City?

Jessweeee♪
09-02-2011, 07:45 PM
FFVI is nice. Between the two, I prefer FFIX though. My favorite is either FFX or FFXIII. Maybe even FFXII! If you love the Final Fantasy series for their plots and stuff, then I wouldn't be too concerned about the first three, as they don't have much of one. But if you're a total retro nut then go for it.

I Don't Need A Name
09-02-2011, 11:40 PM
Just to say Qwert, being from England, it means that VI was stand alone, and not in Anthologies ;] I never had a problem with it's loading times. And welcome sir!

Carl the Llama
09-03-2011, 01:08 AM
Hello! Welcome to the forums, I am also a massive FFVII geek, one question for you is this: Aerith = love or hate? :D

Onto the killing of the Giant Cactuar, first off he is massivly weak to water, so you need to make 100 water spells (via magic refine, I think its the Ice magic refiner that you learn from shiva should do the trick) and then Junction them to Squalls elemental attack, I assume seeing as your hunting the cactuar you have the Ragnarok right? You need the Aura spell just about 3 or 4 of them should be sufficient, then you can go hunt cactuar, if you don't have then you need to pay a visit to the Island closest to Hell and/or the Island closest to Heaven a BIG warning though, the monsters on those island are INCREDIBLY tough, and if you have trouble fighting Cactuar then they would simply destroy you, so you need to put the ability Encounter None on (learned from Diabolos) if you don't know where the 2 Islands I mentioned are then take a look at this handy map:

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg851/scaled.php?server=851&filename=maplocation.jpg&res=medium
the nameless islands that I circled are the ones, you want to pay a visit to, the draw points are all invisible but on the bright side they are all on the edge of the islands, so just run around and tap your x button till you have enough magic (not only are there Aura spells there but other awesome one such as Ultima, Full Life (great for elemental defence) Holy, Meteor and many many more) with a healthy stock of Aura spells at your disposal you need to have one of your team members cast Aura on Squall and then keep skipping your turn till you get a Renzokuken, if your smart and junction the awesome Ultima spell to his strength then you could even kill him in one limit.

Bubba
09-03-2011, 01:26 AM
The big question is, United or City?

United. Through and through. Though I'll accept City being in second place this year!

Jesus titty-f**king Christ, Kaiser Dragon!! You are the man! I love EOFF!

I did like Aerith but I thought she was very selfish with her death and everything... :D

Please use the edit post function rather than double posting champ! - J

demondude
09-03-2011, 01:38 AM
The correct answer was 'neither'. :(

Bubba
09-03-2011, 01:49 AM
Aaahhh... my apologies. I didn't think that football would be a popular thread on here.

If only Blitzball was a real sport...

Christmas
09-03-2011, 02:42 AM
Hello there!!! Tonberry and Pupu are good friends!! :bigsmile:

TrollHunter
09-03-2011, 03:08 AM
-crawls out from under rock-
Welcome to the forums.
-crawls back under rock-

Darkswordofchaos
09-03-2011, 03:49 AM
HI

MY name is SAM

I like GREEN EGGS & HAM

:kakapo:

Carl the Llama
09-03-2011, 04:49 AM

I did like Aerith but I thought she was very selfish with her death and everything... :D

Yes, I AM the man :smug: also:

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9835/repbutton.jpg

This here is the rep button, if you like someone post, then click that hint hint :D

Addendum: My whole family support United, so that means your answer is acceptable xD

TrollHunter
09-03-2011, 05:08 AM

Yes, I AM the man :smug: also:

This here is the rep button, if you like someone post, then click that hint hint :D

Addendum: My whole family support United, so that means your answer is acceptable xD

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmpd43i2LN1qfs6soo1_500.png

Rantz
09-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Welcome, brodude!

Jiro
09-04-2011, 05:06 AM
I've got your back Bubbaforever!

fire_of_avalon
09-08-2011, 12:06 AM
ahahahahahaha bubbaforever i love it.

Bubba
09-08-2011, 10:36 AM

Bubba was the name of a male "wonderful" chocobo I mated with my female black chocobo...

It took me about a week to find a wonderful male after catching hundreds of those crappy weak ones! :confused:

Bubba is a legend... and his "choco-sperm" gave me my first Gold chocobo!

Old Manus
09-08-2011, 12:21 PM
I'm from Manchester in the UK.

United. Through and through.Yeah, right. We all know you must live in London.

Carl the Llama
09-08-2011, 12:52 PM

Bubba was the name of a male "wonderful" chocobo I mated with my female black chocobo...

It took me about a week to find a wonderful male after catching hundreds of those crappy weak ones! :confused:

Bubba is a legend... and his "choco-sperm" gave me my first Gold chocobo!

Did you know that if you find a Wondeful Chocobo and it isn't the right sex then you could have saved (just before putting the chocobo in your stable) and if it wasn't a male then you could just reset the game and reload, the sex of the chocobo is random so you could have just reset over and over till you get one you want. :D

Bubba
09-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Thanks again, Kaiser Dragon. I'll remember that on my next play through!

choco-chocobo
09-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Hii! welcome to EoFF! i'm from manchester too and a massive fan of 8 so I could try and give you tips on cactuar :)

Bubba
09-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Hii! welcome to EoFF! i'm from manchester too and a massive fan of 8 so I could try and give you tips on cactuar :)

Cheers choco-chocobo, I'll definitely give you a shout if I get stuck anywhere. Thanks to the mighty Kaiser Dragon I've now defeated that damn Cactuar!

All hail Manchester! Have you just joined the forums?

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2011, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum Bubbaforever, I keep getting in the mood to watch Bubba Hotep everytime I see your name. Anyway, both VI and IX are amazing games and I'm glad you're loving VIII :love: