PDA

View Full Version : Total Letdown

Mercen-X
09-01-2011, 09:47 PM
My parents were watching a show about evaluating antiques and my mom expressed her disappointment at the appraiser's lack of tact in revealing the value of the items presented. Instead of telling the owner first if the item was real, he would tell them how much it was worth IF it had been real and then drops the reality mallet on their head by telling them that it's a fake.
I wanted to illustrate the point that I knew exactly what she was talking about, so I walked in and stood in front of my parents and acted like I was helping someone up to the top of a cliff with a rope, saying "Come on, you're almost there", then I mimed letting go of the rope and yelled "Goodbye!"
My parents busted up.

I don't know if this thread is more about the joke or more about the idea of a creep who "builds you up and then drops you back down" as above. Any similar opinions/experiences?

Pumpkin
09-01-2011, 09:57 PM
When I was on the phone with my boyfriend, he told me there was cheese at home and then I got home and there was no cheese.

demondude
09-01-2011, 09:59 PM
'home' was a euphemism, Shion.

Pumpkin
09-01-2011, 10:07 PM
was not:colbert:

Shlup
09-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Were you watching Pawn Stars? Just admit you were watching Pawn Stars so that you can begin to heal from your shame.

Yar
09-02-2011, 12:17 AM
I. motherfucking. love. Pawn Stars.

But that's not what Rick does. Well it happens sometimes, but it's not his "style". This sounds like Antiques Roadshow to me.

NorthernChaosGod
09-02-2011, 01:13 AM
Like some retard on TV is going to have tact.

Shlup
09-02-2011, 01:59 AM
I. motherfucking. love. Pawn Stars.

But that's not what Rick does. Well it happens sometimes, but it's not his "style". This sounds like Antiques Roadshow to me.
Some of his appraisers do it all the time.

Except for that one old dude who looks like George RR Martin and won't even estimate the value of anything.

Madame Adequate
09-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Jealousy of superior BBC Antiques Roadshow classiness thread?

Jealousy of superior BBC Antiques Roadshow classiness thread.

Christmas
09-02-2011, 03:43 AM
I was told Manus was banned from Eoff. :bigsmile:

When I come back here, that filthy creature is still around and posting. :(

NorthernChaosGod
09-02-2011, 05:35 AM
Why the fuck do you people watch that shit?

Jiro
09-02-2011, 07:50 AM
I wonder how many people watch Pawn Stars thinking, y'know, and then are let down completely.

rubah
09-02-2011, 01:33 PM
The BBC has Antiques Roadshow too?

I used to love watching that when I was bored and nothing good was on but on PBS.

Mercen-X
09-04-2011, 10:32 PM
SHION: Sorry for your loss.

DD: How is home a euphemism and please, never insult someone's need for cheese while you're in anyway associated with me (even by posting in this thread). I don't want to be dragged into any useless cheese squabbles.

CHRISTMAS: Thank you. I almost forgot what this thread was about because of...

Were you watching Pawn Stars? Just admit you were watching Pawn Stars so that you can begin to heal from your shame.What's Pawn Stars? Makes me think space-battling frogs... of course, I really don't know why I associate the word pawn with frogs... because it sounds like pond?

This sounds like Antiques Roadshow to me.
Used to watch this. Then I realized I hated anyone on the show who actually had anything of value.

This is an older story that really pertains more to my own teenaged presumptuous stupidity than actually being built up to be let down.

I was in high school when I met an old girlfriend I had dated when I was 13. We decided to hang out and I got all amped because she was just as sweet and cute as ever. Then, when she showed up at my house, she was dressed like a tramp telling me that was her style now, and that she was about to get married... she dropped other distressing news on me too... No, she wasn't pregnant. She'd just been through some shi-. I had just that past year recovered from a three-year onset of depression and she sent me back in with just a few words. *reality mallet*