PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Areas

LunaRaven
09-02-2011, 03:49 AM
Fans and critiques(and critical fans) of this game tend to agree on atleast one thing: the graphics are stunning. The care taken with each area design is admirable, and if nothing else this game really is a treat to look at. So i'm wonder, fans and critics alike, what are your favorite areas in this game? What makes this area/these areas your favorite? Does it have to do with the monsters, the music, the scenery, all of the above etc...

If you like, you may also mention your least favorite area desgin wise, though i'm really interested in what my fellow FFer's favorite areas are.

Personally, I really like the Cerobi Steppe. The music is one of my favorite pieces in the game, the colours are rich and vibrant, and the overall air of this area is deceptively peaceful. I love the redness of the dirt, the random patches of colourful flora, and the glimpses of the sea. The Feywood also boasts some great music, as well as an interesting atmosphere. I love the dark fantasy feel it envokes and the start I would get sometimes, late at night, when I'd see my characters reflected in the mist. I really enjoyed the stark constrast between old and new Archades, as well as the contrast between the undergound of Rabanastre and the main city. The Salika wood made me think of LOTR, and I love me some forest scenery. I also liked the creepy atmosphere of the Necrohal of Nabudis, which is made even creepier when you learn the fate of so many of its former inhabitants.

I would say my least favorite area design wise is the Garamsythe Waterway.

ShinGundam
09-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Mt bur omisace and Eruyt Village.

Marshall Banana
09-05-2011, 01:33 AM
I like the track that plays on the Cerobi Steppe, too! I listen to it during work a lot!

The Cerobi Steppe isn't my favorite area, though (minus all the goodies that can be found in chests there). I think the Salikawood might be my favorite! The Necrohol of Nabudis and Sochen Cave Palace are pretty cool, too. I like ruins.