PDA

View Full Version : Unnecessarily painful people

Jiro
09-02-2011, 07:41 AM
I tried to submit my passport application today. My guarantor did not put his phone number in the right section so my application was knocked back. In addition, the photos I had were wrong (they were the second ones we have bought).

Because I have to have my passport soon for the rest of my application shit to be finalised, it had to be done today. I called everybody I knew who could possibly be close to where the office is (it's about a forty minute drive one-way away from home, so going back there and returning was out of the question).

Finally we got hold of someone who drove themselves 15 minutes out of the way, leaving work early and such to fill out the form for us. When we returned to hand in the application a second time, the lady there once again was going to reject it because it was in blue pen, not black.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

We got it sorted in the end but have you ever dealt with unnecessarily painful people? Her coworker even said she was ridiculously anal about everything being perfect because well I'm a fucking terrorist you know? :monster:

Shlup
09-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Passport people are so freaking picky about photos.

Pumpkin
09-02-2011, 08:20 PM
I had the opposite. I went into the office and the guy scribbled all over it in red pen and said you wrote this wrong and this wrong and this... so I'll correct it for you. You will get your passport in 4 - 6 weeks.

I got it 2 weeks later.

demondude
09-02-2011, 08:26 PM
All I know is that my passport photo is really disgusting. Like, really bad.

Madonna
09-02-2011, 08:51 PM
When stuck in a position forced to listen to an authoritarian asshole, I toe the line as close as possible to convey my disapproval. What is not covered in directions is what they are not going to get, and I do not care. We have to treat each other has human beings to get along and when other people fail to subscribe to that, I get touchy.

Usually blue and black ink are interchangeable for official documents. It is when your ink is red, green, or sparkle glitter that things get hairy.

Jiro
09-03-2011, 01:23 AM
I was going to leap across the desk and stab her repeatedly in the neck with my pen if she told me I had to get that section filled out again.

fire_of_avalon
09-03-2011, 04:54 AM
When I deal with people like that, I learn all the rules really fast so I can tell them how they're breaking the rules.

I'm not well liked by bureaucrats.

Darkswordofchaos
09-03-2011, 05:06 AM
We have this thing called the DMV here. its pretty much hell on earth

qwertysaur
09-03-2011, 05:08 AM
We have this thing called the DMV here. its pretty much hell on earth
All you have to do is bring a handheld system or a homework assignment. :p

Darkswordofchaos
09-03-2011, 05:17 AM
haha. last time i went it took 3 hours just to get a new license printed

Mercen-X
09-04-2011, 10:16 PM
AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I went through this and sold more than 50 of my favorite video games just to make it to Canada. NOT worth it!

Iceglow
09-04-2011, 10:40 PM
yeah my boss does things to be unnecessarily painful at times, he then wonders why I've often expressed a desire to stab his eyes out with a rusty nail.