PDA

View Full Version : Did Palmer die after getting hit by that truck?

Bubba
09-05-2011, 01:14 AM
I remember the fight well...

A fat guy in a suit against three well leveled up Avalanche members.

It was always going to be one-sided. But did we really need a Toys'R'Us truck to deliver the killer blow?

All I want to know is whether he survived this little bumper-nudge. I don't recall seeing him in the remainder of the game. I could be wrong though... can someone let me know?

I like to think he survived, retired to Wutai... and spent the rest of his days performing as part of a folk band in Turtle's Paradise... what does everyone think?

Carl the Llama
09-05-2011, 02:06 AM
I think the truck that hit him died, the fat bastard xD

Seriously though I would be surprised if he survived.

Super Sepiroth
09-05-2011, 02:33 AM
Haha this thread made me piss myself laughing. Ye pretty sure he snuffed it. What was with that dodgy water pistol he used though? The shittest weapon ever?

Bubba
09-05-2011, 03:09 AM
You'd think he'd be a little bit tougher considering the prize for defeating him is Joseph's Technicolour Edincoat AND the Tiny Bronco... put up a bit of a fight, mate...

I'm not even sure the Tiny Bronco would have even achieved flight with him at the helm...

Jiro
09-05-2011, 07:50 AM
I'm pretty sure the only ShinRa executive to die was ol' King Scumbag himself. The rest of the ShinRa folk always managed to survive, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up living in Rocket Town, nursed back to health by some old lady who loved feeding him lard.

sad.mind
09-05-2011, 10:10 AM
There's a scene where you can play a mini-game and torture a naked, sweaty Palmer.

Parker
09-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I've never been more aroused in my life. Time to crack out ff7 for a replay, methinks.

espritduo
09-05-2011, 11:05 AM
He definitely survived. He's the one that launches the rocket with Huge Materia while you're still on it. You don't see him, but the voice over the speaker is identified as Palmer's. What happens to him after that, though, is a total mystery. He's never seen, heard, or mentioned again after that point, not even in Advent Children or Dirge of Cerberus. Maybe he got roasted in the rocket's afterburners when it took off. Who knows?

Christmas
09-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Palmer - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Palmer)

Bubba
09-05-2011, 01:52 PM
He definitely survived. He's the one that launches the rocket with Huge Materia while you're still on it. You don't see him, but the voice over the speaker is identified as Palmer's. What happens to him after that, though, is a total mystery. He's never seen, heard, or mentioned again after that point, not even in Advent Children or Dirge of Cerberus. Maybe he got roasted in the rocket's afterburners when it took off. Who knows?

Cheers for that, espritduo. I had it in the back of my head that he crops up somewhere but don't remember seeing him. The mystery is solved!

I'm pretty sure he went on to play percussion in the classic/prog rock group Emerson, Lake and Palmer

Super Sepiroth
09-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Haha I'm sure I said tittest, not tittest haha. hmm thats pretty interesting. I never noticed that, and I only went past that bit recently. Amazing the little things you miss really..... damn auto correct. worse than my bloody iPhone! it auto edited again!

Please don't try to go around the swear filter ~ WK

qwertysaur
09-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the only ShinRa executive to die was ol' King Scumbag himself. The rest of the ShinRa folk always managed to survive, so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up living in Rocket Town, nursed back to health by some old lady who loved feeding him lard.
Scarlet and Heidigger both die when you destroy the prod clod. Hojo also dies after you fight against him as well.

Bolivar
09-11-2011, 08:38 PM
I like to think Palmer would be instrumental in rebuilding a post-Shinra world. I just don't think they'd let him have his way with his beloved "Rate hike! Rate hike! Tra la la!!!"

Jiro
09-13-2011, 05:16 AM
Scarlet and Heidigger both die when you destroy the prod clod. Hojo also dies after you fight against him as well.

No more horse laughing :( I hated Hojo and Scarlet though, they were dicks.

Palmer is one of my favourite ShinRa execs because he's in charge of the space program. Space is obviously important. Imagine the Mako energy you could rip out of random planets!