PDA

View Full Version : Jiro I need you to translate this for me.

Pike
09-05-2011, 06:16 AM
It's extremely important. (http://www.boganipsum.com/)

Jiro
09-05-2011, 06:26 AM
It actually is just throwing terms together randomly, there's very little of a sensible structure to it. Of course this is somewhat ironic seeing as the bogan language rarely does make any sense, but this makes even less sense than usual. Let me try and translate a few bits for you.

Flat out like a fairy floss no dramas you little ripper jillaroo. He's got a massive joey mate stands out like a galah. Get a dog up ya barbie piece of piss . As cunning as a christmas when shazza got us some coldie.

I've been working very hard but I am managing just fine you lovely young lady. His friend is quite noisy and loud and stands out in a crowd. Would you kindly speed up the process of barbecuing, it is very easy after all. This is excellent, and reminds me of the time Sharon bought me beer for Christmas, which was quite fantastic as you can imagine.

Pike
09-05-2011, 06:29 AM
It actually is just throwing terms together randomly, there's very little of a sensible structure to it. Of course this is somewhat ironic seeing as the bogan language rarely does make any sense, but this makes even less sense than usual. Let me try and translate a few bits for you.

Flat out like a fairy floss no dramas you little ripper jillaroo. He's got a massive joey mate stands out like a galah. Get a dog up ya barbie piece of piss . As cunning as a christmas when shazza got us some coldie.

I've been working very hard but I am managing just fine you lovely young lady. His friend is quite noisy and loud and stands out in a crowd. Would you kindly speed up the process of barbecuing, it is very easy after all. This is excellent, and reminds me of the time Sharon bought me beer for Christmas, which was quite fantastic as you can imagine.

This is fascinating. *takes notes*

Jiro
09-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Stands out like a shit house no dramas scratchy

It is very noticeable but that is absolutely acceptable, Mitchell. [Mitchell being the long form of Mitchy -> Itchy -> Scratchy. No, not a simpson's reference. You scratch itches.]

As dry as a fremantle doctor he hasn't got a ciggies.

He neither drinks [alcohol] nor smokes.

bonza flamin it'll be captain cook

This is certainly going to be a marvellous, groundbreaking new discovery!

As cross as a coathanger bloody it'll be vinnie's.

It'll be as cheap as a backyard abortion.

Pike
09-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Excellent.

Time to rope Phil into doing the rest.

Pheesh
09-05-2011, 07:52 AM
Ehe, I was born in Fremantle, and the Fremantle doctor isn't dry at all, it's refreshing and embraced with open arms.

You little ripper chook mate we're going hit the turps

What they meant to say: You amazing old friend let's go get incredibly drunk.

He's got a massive banana bender to lets throw a battler.

What they meant to say: We've procured a large Queesnlander (ref. Dakoda) and we're going to throw him because he's so tough.

As cunning as a postie mate it'll be bingle

What they meant to say: As cunning (cunning still means cunning as far as I'm aware :/ ) as a postal worker friend, it's going to be hot."

Rantz
09-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Here, let me help. I'm well versed in this culture, having spent years researching them.

She'll be right middy also built like a parma.
Your daughter is going to be short and fat.

Grab us a rubbish my lets throw a cranky.
Let us invent a winch-operated machine that takes the trash out.

He's got a massive cut lunch flamin lets get some coldie.
He is throwing a barbecue--would you like to join me for a drink there?

As cunning as a boardies flamin as busy as a counter meal.
He's very clever, but about as gay as a French hot dog.

Jiro
09-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I never knew Rantz was so familiar with our culture -- you could be a fulltime translator!

Pheesh
09-05-2011, 12:26 PM
:roll2 He thought cranky was a machine

Jiro
09-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Still, you have to admit, he did a pretty good job!

Pike
09-05-2011, 04:21 PM
I'd pay money to see a documentary film called "Rantz Down Under".

Rantz
09-05-2011, 04:40 PM
That "documentary" already exists, actually... but I wouldn't suggest looking for it.

Pheesh
09-05-2011, 04:46 PM
I've paid Rantz to go down under on numerous occasions.

Pike
09-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Oh my.