PDA

View Full Version : Terraria

FFIX Choco Boy
09-05-2011, 06:48 AM
This is the game I've been playing for the last week. I just got my full Molten Armor/tools/weapons set today, and I'm really freaking addicted. The only things is, I have no one to play with, so I want to either set up a server or see if someone else has one going.

Also, discuss Terraria. Please, though, don't say stuff about how it's a Minecraft clone. First of all, that's a really old analogy, second it's annoying, and third it's really not. I would say this game... is better than Minecraft.

Pike
09-05-2011, 04:28 PM
I played Terraria for a good long while. I quit mostly because they released a new patch which contained some changes that I didn't like and I'm an elitist jerk like that when it comes to vidya. Also because I went back to Minecraft.

So yeah I haven't played it in a while. Not gonna lie, though, every time I'm in a dark cave in Minecraft and I can't light things up by walking around while holding a torch, I wish I was still playing Terraria. xD

FFIX Choco Boy
09-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Yeah, that would be cool to add to Minecraft. I'm not sure how well it would work, though, considering how the lighting is actually calculated. Notch may have to have the system for it redone (again) for mobile torches to work.

I've decided to start my own multiplayer server, though. I'm going to try to set it up today, and see how well it goes. I'll be back to update on how well it's doing later.

FFIX Choco Boy
09-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Alright, I think I've got it working, but I need someone to join to make sure. I'm hosting it on Hamachi.

Edit: Quick question. If I'm hosting it on Hamachi, does everyone who wants to join in the game have to have Hamachi, also?

Edit #2: I had a friend come and join in on playing with me today, and it's working perfectly fine. Pass me a Private Message if you would like the server info.

Also, I just got done with my 4th Goblin Invasion, and I finally got my Rocket Boots... Two pairs, even!