PDA

View Full Version : oh my $#@% god

DeadReD
09-07-2011, 08:30 AM
i sat on my ass for like 2 hours in the battle arena and went to go save and come back and it reset my bp.. how the fuck are you supposed to get 6400 for w summon then? in one sitting? jesus

Jiro
09-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah, just the one sitting. You can't even leave the Battle Square. The best bet is to do it over an entire weekend :(

Kyros
09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
It doesnt take that long if you have a ribbon and 4xcut and never get your yellow materia and accessory broken. You can get hit with every status effect ever, all the hp lowering effects, and still rip everything apart. The only thing you ever have to look out for is the skeleton boat guy that can throw you out of battle.

Rantz
09-07-2011, 10:59 AM
A good way to gather points is to equip a Ribbon and aim for status handicaps like Mini, Frog and Poison which increase your points a lot while the Ribbon leaves you unaffected. If one materia gets broken, aim to have the same one broken again in subsequent slots. Breaking materia is one of the most lucrative ways to earn points, and if one gets broken, breaking it again won't hurt you, but it'll give you lots of points all the same.

If you lack the means to protect against harsher handicaps, try to go for less damaging handicaps for the first 6 rounds and then lose a materia in the last two rounds, as they are far more rewarding. Losing the green materia as your last handicap should net you close to 10000 BP.

Don't forget to bring lots of GP as you won't be able to refill your GP without losing all your BP.

Finally, if you tap the square button during the handicap slots, it'll slow them down a bit. With a little practice you can pick and choose which handicaps to get.

Hollycat
09-07-2011, 06:31 PM
um... its possible to do it in 10 battles

blackmage_nuke
09-07-2011, 11:49 PM
It should take no more than 3 complete rounds of the battle arena even if you dont do all the crazy bonus handicap stuff.

Hollycat
09-08-2011, 02:12 AM
only if you get the absolutely crazy stuff first

DeadReD
09-08-2011, 05:43 AM
i have no ribbons... if i go to disc 3 and morph tonberry - can i still go to battle arena?

Jiro
09-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah, the Battle Square will still be open on Disk 3. Just don't, y'know, fight the final boss or anything :monster:

Carl the Llama
09-09-2011, 02:29 AM
Interesting fact, I never do the Battle Square till disk 3, because that's when you have the W-Item materia and can make loads of Sylkis Greens to raise Chocobo's with, by the time I have a gold Chocobo I have a shedload of GP to enter the battle square with, also even more interesting, is the fact that I have never used a ribbon to do the fights, makes it more challenging and imo more challenging = more fun!

DeadReD
09-09-2011, 10:38 AM
what do you mean "make loads of sylkis greens" ?

Carl the Llama
09-09-2011, 11:41 AM
what do you mean "make loads of sylkis greens" ?
Have you never heard of the W-Item trick? Basically when you get the W-Item materia you can duplicate any item useable in battle, so instead of spending millions of gil I just dupe loads of greens.

DeadReD
09-09-2011, 07:42 PM
hmm i just go tthat item i should look that up

Carl the Llama
09-09-2011, 11:26 PM

You can only do it on Disk 3 as once you enter Midigar you cannot leave and the materia is in Midigar.

W-item Trick Tutorial - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVCr8MPygnQ&NR=1)

DeadReD
09-10-2011, 06:58 AM

You can only do it on Disk 3 as once you enter Midigar you cannot leave and the materia is in Midigar.

W-item Trick Tutorial - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVCr8MPygnQ&NR=1)

no you can do it anywhere

Carl the Llama
09-10-2011, 11:31 AM

Obviously you misunderstood this: The W-Item Materia can only be acquired once you enter Midigar at the end of Disk 2 (once you leave Midigar you will be on Disk 3), so the W-Item trick of duplicating loads of Sylkis Greens to feed the Chocobo's can only be used on Disk 3.

Hollycat
09-11-2011, 03:47 AM

yes but the materia is only available in midgar and after, so basically disk three

DeadReD
09-11-2011, 04:52 AM
ahh i got ya