PDA

View Full Version : BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend

Skyblade
09-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Really, guys? I mean, Continuum Shift is a great little game and all, but how many times are you going to rerelease it. You just put Continuum Shift 2 out for the 3DS and PSP just a few weeks ago, and now you're rereleasing the same game, again? If you want to add in Relius Clover, just release it as DLC. You should not have 4 versions of the same game out!

Sorry, this is out of my usual vein, normally I avoid fighters like the plague (because I suck at them, it took me at least 3 hours to complete the second "Basic Combo" challenge for Noel), but I recently picked up BlazBlue Continuum Shift II as I had heard good things about the series and wanted something completely different. And it delivered quite admirably. But Continuum Shift II is just Continuum Shift with a couple extra characters and levels. And now they're repackaging it again?

I mean, sure, some people hate DLC, but I don't think you're going to find anyone who would prefer completely repurchasing a game every time you make a new character or level. Where the heck is this business plan going?

Lionx
09-08-2011, 09:00 AM
If you are going to play it competitively in tournaments, or plan to run a huge man tournie, this game is going to get sales. Its cheaper to run tournies without the worry of having DLC or not by getting the full disc form.

I am pretty sure theres going to be DLC for CSII users though, theres not much reason not to with them paying for the previous characters. I don't think CS Extend is going to have much difference in story either.

Pike
09-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Well, my little sisters will be happy to hear that there's more versions of this, because they love this game more than pretty much anything else in the world.

I played it a couple of times at their request. It was okay. Fighters aren't normally my thing, though, beyond a select few that I've gotten into.

Kokichi
09-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Needs moar Guilty Gear.

BlazBlue is almost as bad as SF with editions, seeing as how they resell it for competitive players.

It's characters, stages, and alterations of existing characters to "attempt" to balance the game, which never works.

Iron Tager forever alone in C tier.

Forever doing half HP with 360's.

black orb
10-01-2011, 08:19 PM
>>> Im not wasting my money on BB games anymore.. Unless I find a dirt cheap used copy anywhere..:luca: