PDA

View Full Version : Scars

Jiro
09-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Oh, I have a lot of scars. Chicks dig scars, right?

I split all the scar posts from the Best Feature thread into their own thread. Because yeah, scars are cool! -- foa

sharkythesharkdogg
09-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Not if they're from where you cut you legs shaving, you big sissy.

Jiro
09-08-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't shave my legs, I need the dark hair to cover up the lack of a tan.

I have a cut on my face from where a pedestal fan went decepticon and nearly took my eye out, a crescent shaped scar from where I stopped a bamboo pole with almost my eye (strike two!). I also have a scar from playing power rangers as a child and being slashed by a knife. It also matches a scar one of my friends has. And lastly there's a scar on my chin from, well... ask BoB.

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Ooh, I have scars too. I have one on my left forearm from an old BMX accident that tore my arm up. I have one in the corner of my left eye where a bench decided it would be a good idea to take my eye out. It looks like the burn marks I got a while ago are now scarred on my right arm. I have a few random scars here and there on my legs/shins from various accidents over the years.

Rantz
09-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Don't forget the emotional scars you've had since I left San Diego.

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Yeah, but that just goes without saying.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Sounds like maybe I need some scars. I'm going to throw some rocks at the badger that lives behind my house and see how that pans out.

qwertysaur
09-08-2011, 03:43 PM
I have a scar over my left eyebrow. :p

Rantz
09-08-2011, 03:43 PM
Remember that badgers bite until they hear your bones break, so put a thin stick or two in your pant legs.

starlet
09-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Oh, scars are fun, especially when they have fun stories behind them. I have quite a few from my line of work; I have one on my upper lip right side from being bitten by a dog, it looks like I used to have a lip piercing. That dog was psycho! All I did was check the dog in, asked the owner what she wanted done then when I went to pick him up from the counter he randomly decided to jump up and bite me in the face out of the blue. Then she left and never came back. I think she was embarrassed lol. I have a few scars from scratching puppies and their 1st groom on my left arm.

And then some non-related work scars...I have 3 on my left knee from hitting a rock while swimming and a series of 4 or 5 on my left thigh from my bike. I fell and my bike didnt have a guard over the gear and it dug into my leg. It's kind of cool looking actually. Actually both my knees are pretty rough looking because I was such a klutz as a kid and I'd just trip and fall on the cement walking across the street. I almost always had bandages on my knees in the summer.

Pike
09-08-2011, 05:46 PM
I have one scar. It's on my left arm, a bit above the inside of my elbow, and it's decidedly uncool because I got it at work when I dropped an empty fish aquarium that I was trying to carry.

Madame Adequate
09-08-2011, 06:07 PM
I have a few scars, because I seem to scar very easily and even the smallest scratch will leave a mark that lingers for years.

However, the only real scar I have is on the base of my right thumb. I got it when I completely lost my shit, Hulked out, and punched a window in.

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2011, 06:45 PM
I have one scar. It's on my left arm, a bit above the inside of my elbow, and it's decidedly uncool because I got it at work when I dropped an empty fish aquarium that I was trying to carry.
I'm having trouble imagining how that's even possible. :confused:

Pike
09-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Basically I was carrying it with both arms and it slipped, the sharp glass edges slicing the inside of my arm on the way down. There was a lot of blood involved.

fire_of_avalon
09-08-2011, 07:55 PM
I have several scars and they have the stupidest stories behind them.

On the middle finger of my right hand, I have a crescent shaped scar, not from when I flipped off a knife-fighter. I actually got it on a vacation. I was staying with friends in Florida when I was 20 or so and I had all my shower stuff in this travel bag. I reached in to find my shampoo and found my razor instead! Because I am a genius.

That one bled EVERY WHERE. I can remember trying to clean it up (with the shower still going and me still bleeding) going "How the smurf did I bleed on the CEILING. I can't even REACH the ceiling."

I have a scar on my right thigh that is a short, straight line. The summer I was 10 or 11 I had a radio with a broken antenna sitting in my lap. I was trying to fix the antenna, shifted to my left and the radio fell over and cut me.

I have two tiny scars on my right knee. One from when I was five or six I was running down my driveway to catch the school bus and, because I am a super klutz, I hit a loose rock and fell forward onto my knee. When I stood up a rock was sticking out of it. I pulled the rock out and turned into a blood-geyser. I got on the bus and bled into my frilly-girl sock and was so pissed about it. Like I'm pissed now even thinking about it.

The other happened a couple of years ago. I was hiking with my sister and we came to a creek. It was cold so we were gonna jump it. Remember that my sister is a 5'8" Amazon with co-ordination and I'm a 5'4" troglodyte lacking enough spatial abilities to high-five someone. So she takes a flying leap across the creek and lands like a gymnast on the other side.

I work myself up, plant a foot to jump and the bank gives out underneath me. I twist and fall on my right knee and shin into the creek. I had the most painful bruising of my life. Like if I put any weight on that shin it felt like there was a thin metal sheet sliding back and forth between my skin and muscle. For months afterwards. And I got a tiny little dot scar.

I have this really weird, super thin barely visible scar that makes a wobbly line about midway down my right forearm. I have no idea what it's from.

I think that's it. I am a danger to myself and others.

EDIT: Forgot one! I have a scar on my left pinkie finger. When I was.... eight? Maybe nine I was with my grandma picking chrysanthemums out of her flowerbed. She was using a kitchen knife to cut the stalks low. She handed me a bunch without realizing she still had the knife in her hand and sliced my pinkie open like a freaking hot dog or something. I remember being so freaked out about that one.

I also have a lot of scar tissue in my nose from where I faceplanted off a swingset in the third grade. But you can't see it. It's all inside.

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2011, 08:44 PM
foa, you are the most accident prone person ever.

Basically I was carrying it with both arms and it slipped, the sharp glass edges slicing the inside of my arm on the way down. There was a lot of blood involved.
That sounds brutal. Who cleaned up the blood?

Pike
09-08-2011, 09:15 PM

I did :(

Shlup
09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
BJ has scars on his back from being in the pit at some concert like ten years ago. They are hot and I have no idea why.

I have something like eleven scars. No, I got four more, so fifteen now. Six of them are mole removals though, so that is probably not sexy. Except when people ask me what they're from I say they're bullet wounds.

I also totally have a Harry Potter scar and magic powers.

Parker
09-08-2011, 09:25 PM
I have a little scar on my pinky finger. Its not manly, i was washing a glass and it just disintegrated in my hand and sliced me up.

NorthernChaosGod
09-08-2011, 09:51 PM

I did :(
That is awful. :doublecolbert:

BJ has scars on his back from being in the pit at some concert like ten years ago. They are hot and I have no idea why.
What the fuck? Who gets seriously hurt in a mosh pit. :colbert:

Rebellious Eagle
09-08-2011, 10:20 PM
My friend got his nose broken in a mosh pit once.
I have a multitude of scars on my arms and legs. They're self-inflicted. For some strange reason I find them beautiful as they remind me of a tough time in my life and that I overcame it.

fire_of_avalon
09-08-2011, 11:40 PM
I know, right! I bump into walls and stuff all the time, trip over NOTHING on the ground. I always have these bruises that people are like wtf and I'm just like I have no idea how that got there, literally.

Also I was almost suffocated in a pit once! It was really freaking scary. This was at a Coheed/Circa Survive/Torche show in Atlanta. I was two people deep center stage and the press was just scary. Usually I'm able to wriggle my way a little higher so I can breathe but everyone around me was super a lot taller than me and just kept pressing us in. I remember thinking OKAY I NEED TO GET OUT but then being like NO I AM SUPER TOUGH I CAN DO THIS but then my friend had an anxiety attack so I ended up having to get pulled out anyway. That's the only show I've been pulled out of, though.

Shiny
09-09-2011, 12:10 AM
I have a new scar near my eyebrow because after I opened the cabinet, a glass some how bounced back and shattered. The shattered glass then went in to my face leaving a nasty cut. Blood was everywhere. I have a few scars on my arm from my dog because we neglected to cut her nails and she likes to jump up sometimes. I also have a scar on my thigh from when I dropped the soap in the shower and bent over to get it...the faucet cut me there.

Cuchulainn
09-09-2011, 01:46 AM
scars are smurfing disgusting

Melodies_of_life
09-09-2011, 01:54 AM
On a quick side note.... @ Cuchulainn - your avatar just scared the mess out of me and completely made me lose my train of thought. rofl

As for scars... I have quite a few scars myself that come with the dummest stories but I don't think imma get into that. XD

Zeldy
09-09-2011, 02:01 AM
I have a random indentation on my forehead, ain't got a clue what from. Got a scar from having an injection. I have a slight, fading now, scar down my cheek, from where this girl with really long nails clawed my face in a netball match, that badboy HURT. My knees are pretty messed up from falling over so much as a kid.

Once I take out my piercings I'm gonna be left with many scars.. I already have two dots on the back of my neck from that retired piercing.

Rye
09-09-2011, 02:04 AM
I am covered in scars from falling down, really bad bug bites I scratched, etc. ._.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-09-2011, 02:37 AM
I had a random woman tell me a I had "manly hands" today because they have cuts and scars on them.

It's not the first time someone has mentioned it, but it's still weird. :confused:

I have random scars everywhere.

Jiro
09-09-2011, 02:59 AM
Well now that foa has decided to play around with my post and create this new thread, I will share a few more of my battle wounds.

I have a scar on my right arm from where a child bit me. I think he had rabies.

My left palm has a sweet scar from when I fell on gravel and caught a nice sharp rock and sliced myself up. The scar is only about 1/3 of the size the cut was though :(

I also have a few scars from burns, the most interesting of which was the result of my brother trying to bail while sitting on the back of the motorbike I was riding and forcing me to crash with the exhaust pressed against my calf.

I suppose that was payback for the time I cracked his head open something fierce with a giant rock.

Martyr
09-09-2011, 03:05 AM
I have random scars everywhere.

It's because we're mechanics. Engine heads and barbed wire and logs and jackhammer handles - my hands are covered in tiny scars.

However, I am like Wolverine in only the one sense that my hands and the bottoms of my feet heal so fast that, if you did not know my history, you might think I've never worked a day in my life. My hands are soft. I don't need a glove full of vaseline.
Except one chunk of scar tissue that was torn out of my palm. I was loading a truck with cast iron engine blocks, and I realizeds that I'd need to make more room. I hopped into the bed and started pushing the things around. Well, one of them tipped and I ended up trying to stop one from falling with the palm of my hand. Instinct. Impulse. Not intelligent observation of the fact that each of the things weighted between 250 and 400 pounds. And they have jagged edges.
So my hand got crushed between the two blocks and I looked down and saw my dad, so I didn't want to curse. I shouted, "Aw man!"
It was such a weak, unimpressive non-curse that nobody realized there was a problem until I walked into the office with a rag full of blood and hand. haha.
Good times.
The big joke is that when most of the guys get injured on the job, dad wraps their hands with electrical tape and mends it with super glue. All the guys ran into the office with tape and glue shouting, "No special treatment for your son! Glue his hand back together!!!"
But I got to go to the hospital *snicker*

I have since been glued and taped up. It's not so bad, really.

Also, I am enjoying everybody's scar stories!

rubah
09-09-2011, 03:14 AM
I'll get back to you when my knee doesn't look gangrenous anymore.

Laddy
09-09-2011, 03:28 AM
My lower leg is scarred from the time the chair I fell in broke because I was such a fucking fatty and the screw inside the leg cut down my leg for like, 6 inches, as I fell through.

Oh god was it embarassing. :lol:

NorthernChaosGod
09-09-2011, 09:41 PM
I know, right! I bump into walls and stuff all the time, trip over NOTHING on the ground. I always have these bruises that people are like wtf and I'm just like I have no idea how that got there, literally.

Also I was almost suffocated in a pit once! It was really freaking scary. This was at a Coheed/Circa Survive/Torche show in Atlanta. I was two people deep center stage and the press was just scary. Usually I'm able to wriggle my way a little higher so I can breathe but everyone around me was super a lot taller than me and just kept pressing us in. I remember thinking OKAY I NEED TO GET OUT but then being like NO I AM SUPER TOUGH I CAN DO THIS but then my friend had an anxiety attack so I ended up having to get pulled out anyway. That's the only show I've been pulled out of, though.
No wonder you're such a badass. You get hurt all the fucking time.

The big joke is that when most of the guys get injured on the job, dad wraps their hands with electrical tape and mends it with super glue. All the guys ran into the office with tape and glue shouting, "No special treatment for your son! Glue his hand back together!!!"
But I got to go to the hospital *snicker*

I have since been glued and taped up. It's not so bad, really.

Also, I am enjoying everybody's scar stories!
:lol:

Brennan
09-09-2011, 11:23 PM
I have a multitude of scars that appeared seemingly out of nowhere... :|
Consisting of major scars, I have a three inch scar on the WAAAAY upper thigh of my left leg from hitting a "Do Not Enter Sign" (sum bitch did it's job too), and I flew over it, and I still have yet to figure out why exactly my leg got cut to the point I almost ruptured some important artery in mah leg and would have potentially bled to death. O.o
Anywho, next scar came from slipping with one foot on grass, and the other leg folded, and dragged on cement, skidded across the cement, and cut to the bone o.o, t'was painful, but ah well!
And I have a small scar on my upper lip that has no reason to be there, but whatevs
And a scar on my nose from my dog, who gave me ones on each of my hands next to the index finger (they match :O)

Mercen-X
09-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I fell a lot as a kid.

My brother broke a vase over my leg of which I still have the memorable gash.
A stupid 6-year-old was playing "throw the stick in the air" and a bluster of wind blew it over so that it slashed my finger open.
I was playing with this kid, Sunny, and his sister. We were hitting Tennis balls cross a street with frickin' iron golf clubs. I chose the wrong place to stand and ended up with a club in my skull.
My dad once got mad and flicked a cigarette at me. He way of making amends was to bury a cigarette into his own arm.
I've got a weirdass scar from a vaccination that went awry. I hate these "holes" who think they can give vaccinations (I was at a mart rather than the hospital) and I hate that our government wants to put a bill out to force vaccinations. You know they're trying to control our population with these injections! Right!?

My scars aren't nearly as awesome as my dad's busted thumb and nearly severed arm.

NorthernChaosGod
09-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Oooh, how did he almost sever his arm?

Breine
09-11-2011, 12:49 AM
I was so drunk last christmas that I fell headfirst down into a chair and split my right eyebrow open. There was loads of blood and I had to go to the hospital. It's cool, though, since I now have a badass scar xD Other notable scars of mine are a couple on my stomach. I have one that's around 10 cm long running down my right side, and another on my left hip bone I don't remember getting. Like, at all.
- other than that I have the random odd scars that I guess everybody has.

Cuchulainn
09-11-2011, 03:08 AM
i've already osted my scars on this thing before, doing it again would be an indulgance. I wish I could get rid of the ones on my face, hands & knuckles though. They tell tales to strangers before I even get to speak.

fire_of_avalon
09-11-2011, 03:30 AM
Well then indulge me. :|

m4tt
09-11-2011, 05:56 AM
I have one scar on my right eyebrow, and one on my right eyelid from the same incident when I was 2 or 3. I slipped on the hardwood floor in my bedroom and hit my head on the bedpost. After getting that stitched up the nurse put a bandaid over the wound, but that held my eye shut. So she cut the bandaid and my eyelid just for kicks.

I have three scars on my stomach from when I had my appendix removed two years ago.

Cuchulainn
09-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Well then indulge me. :|

search the forum woman. These scar threads & tattoo threads are a bi-annual creation.

Iceglow
09-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I'm covered in scars, though ironically my worst scar most people see all the time and never realize it's a scar. The shape of my entire jawline/face is essentially a scar from when it got shattered. Therefore I know it to be so but most people can't tell until I tell them about it. I have plenty of scars across my hands from incidents involving knives, scalpels, blades, hot glue guns etc. I have a pretty long scar on my right shoulder where my sister cut me with a knife, I have a smaller scar across my left shoulder from where someone cut me with a razor blade. I have a misshapen knee cap on my right leg because I broke it chasing a handbag snatcher down. I have essentially a multitude of scars across my body, some you see some you can't but I've never received negative comments about my scars people tend to see them and be all like "Wow, you've gone through a lot. Tough bastard aren't you?" I see it as I've just learnt to live my life by doing the stupid shit I won't regret in years to come because when I'm old and grey and broken I'm gonna look back and be like "well, at least I went there and tried it even if I failed in the process" Of course, at this rate of injuring myself (currently managed to re-hurt my dislocated thumb today during a spasm caused by a trapped nerve in my leg, irony is that last night I rode a mechanical rodeo bull drunk and didn't do any harm to it even though I gripped on with both hands) I aint gonna live to be old grey and broken.

Araciel
09-11-2011, 06:53 PM
1 - scar on face where tape measure retracted quickly while playing with it when I was like 4

2 - scar on hand from when doing dishes and my mammoth hands broke a glass

3 - scar on bottom of heel where, while carrying my true love through water I stepped on some sharp rocks/zebra mussels

4 - scar on wrist from oven rack while taking hot cheese out of oven.

Slothy
09-12-2011, 03:53 AM
I have quite a few scars, but I can't remember where most of them came from and the ones I can don't have interesting stories. I do have a friend with a huge burn scar on the back of one hand. He cut it open while piss loaded and decided to try to cauterize it with a lighter. Clearly a bad idea, and didn't even come close to doing what he intended. On the plus side it left him with a manly, if idiotic, scar and a funny story to tell.

Bubba
09-12-2011, 11:41 PM
I was bitten on the chin by a rabid badger once. I'd inadvertently surprised one asleep in a tumble drier. He said it was cosy just after a spin. The scar now reminds me that laundrette's are not the safe haven I once thought... It also reminds me that I've got rabies...

NorthernChaosGod
09-13-2011, 02:25 AM
I was bitten on the chin by a rabid badger once. I'd inadvertently surprised one asleep in a tumble drier. He said it was cosy just after a spin. The scar now reminds me that laundrette's are not the safe haven I once thought... It also reminds me that I've got rabies...
You're lucky to be alive!

Shlup
09-13-2011, 04:32 AM
What the fuck? Who gets seriously hurt in a mosh pit. :colbert:[/QUOTE]
Real men.

NorthernChaosGod
09-13-2011, 02:55 PM
No they don't, sweetie.

Mercen-X
09-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Oooh, how did he almost sever his arm?

He works in construction. He was lugging a huge stone on his shoulder and climbing up a loose-dirt hill and his footing gave way. The boulder came down on him and shredded his arm. He had to actually carry it with him as he got back to his foreman who instantly rushed him to the hospital.
We had to move up to Clear Lake just so we'd have a place to live on fairly cheap rent while he recovered. My mom also had to get a job at a Walmart.

NorthernChaosGod
09-14-2011, 03:41 AM
That's fucking brutal. O_O

Yar
09-14-2011, 06:49 AM
My hands are so scarred up it's ridiculous. :(

NorthernChaosGod
09-14-2011, 02:57 PM
From what?

Loony BoB
09-14-2011, 05:04 PM
I have a scar that covers the lower half of the inside of my left calf, running down to below my ankle. And I don't mean a "I got a cut, so there is a line" scar, I mean a "I got it stuck under a tyre, so it is a big load of scar tissue now" scar. I have scars from surgery resulting from that and another operation. They are on my waistline (roughly 3 inches) and the other is on my right side, going from my armpit, down about 4-5 inches and then a bit further down on a diagonal, going towards my front but downwards... yeah.

As for light but seemingly permanent scars, I was pulling a cable out of a monitor (the screws were worn so it wouldn't come out, and I had to get it removed for disposal) and as I yanked it out, the VGA connection dragged up the inside of my right arm (from wrist to elbow) and although it didn't bleed at the time, it scarred immediately and for some reason even after a few months, the line it dragged is still there. Not a traditional scar, it sort of looks like I have a 2mm wide tan that goes from my wrist to my elbow and it's weird. I think it'll be gone in a few more months, though, or else it'll just be weird forever.

I have a few other light scars that are barely noticeable but have still lasted many years, such as one on each cheekbone - one from when I hit myself with the claw of a hammer while hammering back when I was about five or six years old, and the other from when my Dad hit me with a crowbar (I leaned over the edge of a deck at the same time he used the crowbar up, pulling upwards, and it smacked me in the face :p), probably from around the same age.

I had a scar on my right elbow for some time but you can't even notice it now because it's in that area of your elbow that always scrunches up.

Yar
09-14-2011, 06:16 PM
From what?Knives, Fires, etc.

Mercen-X
09-14-2011, 08:43 PM
That's smurfing brutal. O_O

Which one? The arm or working at Walmart?

NorthernChaosGod
09-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Lol, the arm.