PDA

View Full Version : Games That Need to HURRY THE SMURF UP

Shiny
09-09-2011, 12:46 AM
Mass Effect 3 needs to hurry the smurf up! :kakapo:

Dear Bioware,

Please, hurry the fuck up. I need my fix of Commander Shepard saving the entire galaxy with just a backhand and push biotic.

Love,
Shiny

Kokichi
09-09-2011, 01:01 AM
I find your lack of Skyrim disturbing.

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2011, 01:03 AM
No! It's looking like it'll release juuuust in time for me to be able to play it without being a terrible person for doing so. Don't hurry up! D:

Polnareff
09-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
King of Fighters XIII
Persona 4: The Ultimate Mayonaka Arena (new 2D fighter based on Persona 3 and 4)
Tales of Graces F's localization
Batman Arkham City
Mario Kart 7
Paper Mario 3DS
Resident Evil Revelations
the new Smash Bros. (apparently not coming for "several years" :( )
Asura's Wrath
Final Fantasy Type-0 (been waiting for this for 4 years! C'mon Squenix. >:/ )
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Impact
Rage
Gyakuten Saiban 5 (if it ever even gets announced)
Lollipop Chainsaw
Dragon's Crown
Grand Knights' History
Max Anarchy/Anarchy Reigns
Guardian Heroes for 360

Jiro
09-09-2011, 03:23 AM
Skyrim, really. It's been too long since Oblivion and I need a new romp in the Elder Scrolls universe.

Bolivar
09-09-2011, 04:34 AM
Damn a lot of these games are coming out in a month or two you guys are some impatient ************!!!!

Versus XIII - enough said, how many years since the debut trailer?

Next Kojima title - they finalized the FOX engine, so what's the game going to be???

Agent - rumors of platform changes, just get it locked down and release some info on this!

Hollycat
09-09-2011, 05:24 AM
dynasty warriors 8
kingdom hearts 3
megaman battle network 7
monster hunter 4
final fantasy 15
final fantasy evolution
pokemon strawberry version -jk
warriors orochi 3
RCF5
pac man 2
fallout 4
fallout 5
skyrim
skyrim expansion pack
- more to come

Polnareff
09-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Damn a lot of these games are coming out in a month or two you guys are some impatient ************!!!!

Considering there's been a huge dearth of good games this year (unless you like shooters!), I don't think it's unreasonable to want games that are coming out in 2 months to hurry up.

G13
09-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Assassin's Creed.

Jiro
09-09-2011, 06:01 AM
Assassin's Creed.

Actually, yes. I think this is my most anticipated title. I know Skyrim will give me a GoTY edition shortly after release, so I'll wait for that one.

AC: Revelations is going to be amazing though.

Madame Adequate
09-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Suikoden VI :cry:

Del Murder
09-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Looking forward to Uncharted 3. Also games like Versus XIII and KH3 need to actually be made. :p

Old Manus
09-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Duke Nukem Fore...oh.

Jessweeee♪
09-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Assassin's Creed.

Actually, yes. I think this is my most anticipated title. I know Skyrim will give me a GoTY edition shortly after release, so I'll wait for that one.

AC: Revelations is going to be amazing though.

I still need to play Brotherhood! Soon though. I finally have the monies, I just have to be good and save a little more first.

Pete for President
09-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I disagree with all of you. Games need to slow the smurf down.

First of all, too many games get shipped while they're not done, resulting in half-finished stories, skipped content and buggy multiplayer modes. Which brings me to point #2: don't you hate it when you buy a new game and the first thing it says is "you need this update before you can play"?

And finally, point #3, doesn't anyone realize the triple-A-game-industry has brought nothing new to the market these past couple of years? The industry is littered by 'safe and dull sequels', most of them less polished then the original. Old concepts are rehashed again and again, while publishers avoid pushing new innovative titles in the spotlight.

All hail the rise of the underground games and developers taking their time to innovate.

Hollycat
09-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Ive noticed that over the years games have become less about fun and more about looking good and being violent

Skyblade
09-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Golden Sun 4
Persona 5
Final Fantasy Tactics A3
Kingdom Hearts 3
Final Fantasy Type-0
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney

FFIX Choco Boy
09-09-2011, 08:52 PM
And we are all forgetting Diablo 3.

Skyblade
09-09-2011, 09:23 PM
And we are all forgetting Diablo 3.

Not at all. I've just lost all interest in that game and couldn't care less when it comes out.

m4tt
09-10-2011, 05:38 AM
Diablo 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations...

Earthbound for the DS? I'm just dreaming on that one.

McLovin'
09-10-2011, 07:21 AM
Chrono Something 3.

Del Murder
09-10-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow, random m4tt sighting! What's up padre?

Anyway, Golden Sun 4 and FFTA3 are definitely on my list. Didn't even know those games were in development!

Depression Moon
09-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Can't wait for that Skullgirls and Arkham City. Also where is Half Life 3?

Skyblade
09-10-2011, 10:12 PM

Anyway, Golden Sun 4 and FFTA3 are definitely on my list. Didn't even know those games were in development!

IIRC, Golden Sun 4 was mentioned as being currently in development for the 3DS, revealed in the Japanese publication "Nintendo Dream".

Unfortunately, FFTA3 is just a pipe dream of mine. Sorry for getting your hopes up. :(

Del Murder
09-11-2011, 05:16 AM
Dammit I need to get a 3DS for that!

KentaRawr!
09-11-2011, 05:24 AM
[Subbed] Extreme Escape Adventure: Good People Die (999 Sequel) - Trailer [3DS/Vita] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAqGs441qzU)

That

qwertysaur
09-11-2011, 06:47 AM
Dammit I need to get a 3DS for that!
Ditto. Golden Sun = Love.

Araciel
09-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Diablo 3 and The Old Republic (though I think it'll be a fleeting diversion at best)

I would have said Skyrim before I saw the demo with the giants/mammoths/dragons... now I'm actually not sure.. I mean yeah I'll get it but I can wait.

Jessweeee♪
09-11-2011, 07:19 PM
There are plenty of new things out there, it's just that nobody gives a damn.

NeoCracker
09-11-2011, 07:37 PM
I really want to say White Knight 2, but it's out in two days so I'd look desperate. :(

I am, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to look it.

Shiny
09-11-2011, 10:18 PM
The industry is littered by 'safe and dull sequels', most of them less polished then the original.

I agreed with mostly everything except this part. Sequels are usually better than the original for most franchises these days. The rushed ones are usually the original games. I also don't think sequel means lack of innovation. There's always something new that comes along with it regardless of it being under the same name of a previous title.

Wolf Kanno
09-13-2011, 04:35 AM
Versus XIII, a few months ago, it looked like it was going to finally get an announcement for a real release window, and more info. Now, SE has shut up completely about it and its not even going to show up at TGS? Sounds like its may have another two years before anyone outside Japan is going to see it and that's being optimistic. Also, when's someone other than Japan going to get a release date for Type-0?

I'll throw my hat in with AC:Revelations, the AC series has probably been the only awesome new franchise this console cycle. Also, where's my Trico Sony? I bought a PS3 for Trico and its still MIA.

Persona 5, but with two new Persona projects in the works and I'm waiting for Atlus to announce a PSP port of P2:Eternal Punishment in the next few months, its probably going to be awhile, especially since the P team said they wanted to shake up the formula a bit and reinvent the series like P3 did.

Anything else I want is stuff that either may not even happen (like a NA release of the Operation Rainfall titles) or stuff that is a pipe dream (Suikoden VI, BoFVI, Chrono sequel with Kato helming the project).

m4tt
09-13-2011, 05:48 AM
I totally forgot about Old Republic, my cousin is involved with the development of the game and he has been feeding me info on it for a while. I really want to check it out.

Hey T-money ;) not much is up, just checking out my old internet hang outs. What's up with you?

Loony BoB
09-13-2011, 02:27 PM
FFXXVII. I mean, all they've released so far is a poster.

Pike
09-13-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm having trouble thinking of anything currently in development that I'm really excited for. I mean, there are a couple of things I'm looking forward to in a "Yeah, that sounds okay, I may or may not play it" sort of way, but I really can't think of anything that would fit this thread. Maybe Blizz's new MMO? Can't tell you for sure until I find out what it entails, though.

Now if they announce a new and non-casual Civ/SimCity/SMAC then I'll get back to you :hyper:

Pete for President
09-13-2011, 10:01 PM
The industry is littered by 'safe and dull sequels', most of them less polished then the original.

I agreed with mostly everything except this part. Sequels are usually better than the original for most franchises these days. The rushed ones are usually the original games. I also don't think sequel means lack of innovation. There's always something new that comes along with it regardless of it being under the same name of a previous title.

Gave it another thought and I admit, 'most' was a bit of an exaggeration. However, I do find sequels usually mean more of basically the same. Also, I'm not quite sure about the statement of originals being the rushed ones. One thing though, market competition is a true killer when it comes to rushing. For example, every shooter out there wants to be out in stores at least a few months before those two big ones come out. That can't be a good sign for quality.