PDA

View Full Version : Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena for PS3/360 (new 2D fighter)

Polnareff
09-09-2011, 03:02 AM
Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena Japanese debut trailer unveiled -- PlayStation Universe (http://www.psu.com/Persona-4--The-Ultimate-in-Mayonaka-Arena-Japanese-debut-trailer-unveiled--a012835-p0.php)

Known details:

-Most of the Persona 4 cast will be in the game (some Persona 3 people as well apparently, like Aigis)
-Made by Arc System Works (makers of Guilty Gear and Blazblue)
-Coming out next year

So far the game looks like a spiritual successor to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, which was a Capcom fighter based on an awesome manga series. It would make sense given that some of the team who worked on the JoJo game ended up at Arc.

I've secretly wanted something like this for a long time since I see Persona as being somewhat inspired by JoJo (the manga, not the game), but never figured this would happen.

I hope if they make an update (they will, it's Arc we're talking about here) that we get characters from all the Persona games, and maybe a couple extra, like Raidou and someone else.

qwertysaur
09-09-2011, 03:31 AM
I hope Mitsuru will be playable. Her execution will be perfect for a fighter. :bigsmile:

Agent Proto
09-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Awesoome. I am looking forward to this game. :bigsmile:

Skyblade
09-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Unfortunately, not looking forward to this. I think I'm going to spend most of the time going "Aw, [such and such character] would be awesome in this game!". Seriously, only ten characters from two games?

Of course, I suck at most fighting games, including BlazBlue, so I won't do very well in this.

Also, since Atlus isn't making it, what can we expect from story mode?

Remon
09-09-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh no it's for PS3 and xbox :(

Mirage
09-09-2011, 01:20 PM
Oh no, people aren't developing for a console from the stone age anymore :(

Remon
09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
That sucks. By the time I have enough money for a PS3 or Xbox, they're going to be the ancient consoles :(
Enjoy playing it guys *tear*

Kokichi
09-09-2011, 08:28 PM
dear god yes.

It better be competitive.