PDA

View Full Version : Best hang over cure!

ScottyRedXIII
09-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Exactly what the title say's, your best hang over cure, GO!

I have two,

1.) a good old English fry up with orange juice and 2 paracetamol.

2.) Start drinking again.

Zeldy
09-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Sleep it off. Nothing has ever prevented me from having a hangover once it's already on the way. The severe hangovers were you can't stop being sick are the worse, I just drink water and desperately try to sleep!

Old Manus
09-09-2011, 02:04 PM
My patented hangover cure I used to post back in the day is no longer effective as nobody uses PS2s anymore :(

Instead, take a shit.

fire_of_avalon
09-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Spends on what kind of drunk I am. With beer you have to have to force yourself to burp or fart a lot and then drink one to two sports drinks and water at least an hour before you sleep. If you're liquor drunk then forget about the gas, drink the sport drinks/water before sleep AND be prepared to have a biiiiiiiig greasy breakfast the next day. Eggs, grits, bacon, biscuits. Do NOT eat gravy, though. Uh uh.

Oh and if you're drunk on wine and you're foa just be prepared to suffer until the end of your days no matter what. I have had a total of three hangovers in my drinking career and the wine hangover was the worst.

Hollycat
09-09-2011, 06:25 PM
50 mg ritalin, 20 mg methyphenidate, bowl of ramen with 6 oz water, 2 oz brandy, all mixed together

Zeldy
09-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Oh and if you're drunk on wine and you're foa just be prepared to suffer until the end of your days no matter what. I have had a total of three hangovers in my drinking career and the wine hangover was the worst.

Wine is the worst. I've only properly drank it maybe two times, but both shortly escalated into my head being over the toilet. The first was free wine in a limo.. I don't remember getting to the place, shame we were VIP with a little buffet, I was in the toilet being sick. I got kicked out for looking too drunk, but snuck back in. I was a trooper and stayed out till 6am for the girl's birthday though, sick as a dog, I drank water after that.

The second is the best. Swanky 21st birthday meal, white wine all round, and I get smurfed. One drink when we're out, and I'm legging it for the toilet. Got a taxi home on my own (cost me £50!! but I didnt care, I was too exciteable and drunk) and then cried to my housemates about how the house was going to flood and they didn't care because I had the downstairs bedroom and they were safely upstairs.

I.. I don't dare drink wine. The next day after these nights = DEATH.

Parker
09-09-2011, 07:23 PM
I drink as much water as I can fit inside my body before sleeping and I usually end up fine.

when i dont sleep well is when i have the worst hangovers.

Madame Adequate
09-09-2011, 07:24 PM
Drink less. And drink tons of water, throughout the boozing and after it until you fall asleep.

fire_of_avalon
09-09-2011, 07:28 PM
I don't like most wine I've had, but once we had a party with a box of wine (yeah, white trash) that was sooo good. Like freaking fruit punch or something. And I just kept drinking, and drinking and filling up this martini glass. Then I broke that glass so I moved on to a beer stein and that, paired with the fact that I was trying to peel potatoes with a pocket knife, led them to cut me off. So I threw the potatoes and ran out of the house and hid in the bushes.

I woke up being drug out of them, went to sleep, woke up the next day and just crawled to the bathroom, turned on the shower and moved between there and the toilet for about three hours. It was NOT AWESOME. So I stay away from wine too.

Peegee
09-09-2011, 07:36 PM
lol at your cures

just drink a gatorade or two and you'll be fine. The issue is caused by dehydration.

ScottyRedXIII
09-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Every type of drink has a different affect on me. with beer i feel very very bloated out, whine just goes straight to my head, and vodka with red bull!!!! all i can say to that is, don't visit the toilet for a while after i've been

Pumpkin
09-09-2011, 08:30 PM
The only alcohol I drink is vodka and what I do is I drink the same amount of chocolate milk as I do alcohol and I have yet to get a hangover ever. Apparently alcohol dehidrates you so drinking other liquids helps in the prevention of hangover. Probably some unnecessary calorie intake though.

Also, stop drinking when you are drunk. This seems so simple, but people are apparently unable to grasp this concept and usually end up puking all over the place and then passing out in the bathroom and then they wonder why they don't feel so good in the morning.

Oh another tip to prevent hangovers: Don't drink alcohol.

Mirage
09-09-2011, 09:15 PM
The best hangocer cure is not getting a hangover in the first place.

Most of the terrible feeling of hangovers is caused by dehydration and lack of energy, drink a lot of water before you go to bed after drinking, maybe eat a meal as well.. I almost never have hangovers when I do that.

NorthernChaosGod
09-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I just make sure to stay hydrated throughout the night now. Or at least down a glass of water before going to bed. Nothing but sleep helps me feel better once I already am hungover.

Hollycat
09-09-2011, 10:12 PM
lay down in a bathtub of dr pepper and strawberry milk

ScottyRedXIII
09-09-2011, 10:18 PM
can it not just be strawberry milk? then you'd be cured and smell sweet xD

Kokichi
09-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Hangover? Coffee.

The sick feeling of a hangover? Water and light food near a toilet.

Hollycat
09-09-2011, 10:27 PM
can it not just be strawberry milk? then you'd be cured and smell sweet xD

sure go ahead and bathe in strawberry milk and tell us how it goes

crashNUMBERS
09-10-2011, 07:04 AM
hells with you people wanting cures for hangovers?? I had one once and I never wanna get to that point again. fuck a tolerance. that was the worst! lol I had no idea how to handle it.

I threw up a good amount. and I remember wanting to eat mcdonalds. but instead I relaxed my head down on the table for half an hour before I went to go order. that was a long half hour.

NorthernChaosGod
09-10-2011, 08:42 AM
I think people want cures so they're not dealing with them anymore than they have to. :p

Iceglow
09-10-2011, 09:13 AM
With a hangover, prevention works best though if you want to drink a stupid amount of alcohol then no prevention saves you from a massive hangover. Generally speaking the worst hangover on record for me lasted 2 days. I drank like crazy but I never puked, basically when all my mates started with lighter, easier drinks like beer and cider I went for the spirits and wine first. Later that night when they're uncontrollably moving on to the hard stuff I've backed off to the soft stuff. I was so drunk I didn't remember all of it but my mates puked, I didn't and we were all hung over.

Christmas
01-28-2023, 02:53 AM
Read all of Iceglow's lengthy posts. Fixes 99.97% of the problems you have in life! :bigsmile: