PDA

View Full Version : Wind!

Shoden
09-12-2011, 03:31 PM
So yeah, for anyone in the North of England, Scotland and Ireland we're getting battered and shaken by the remnants of Hurricane Katia. So who wants to go power gliding, kiting and so on?
In all seriousness, ARE YOU PREPARED!?

Its pretty strong winds so far and the forecast says its gonna get worse as evening hits. DAYAM!
So yeah, how's it looking on your end guys and gals in the path of destruction?
Branches are flying all over and wheelie bins have come to life so far here!

Zeldy
09-12-2011, 03:59 PM
I live in the North West and it's not really been so bad! I'd left my window open a tad, and the wind keeps forcing it closed and then it opens again, I should just close it but it isn't bothering me. I haven't been outside so I'm not sure what it's like! Looking onto the street, it's people's recycling that seems to be flying everywhere.

Bubba
09-12-2011, 11:54 PM
I live in Manchester in the North West but I'm down for a conference in Birmingham for two nights. The only wind I'm experiencing is one of my colleague's extreme levels of flatulence after an extra large helping of cabbage with his evening meal...

Madame Adequate
09-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah, here in the Midlands we got a fair bit of Katia, don't know of any damage being done but it was very windy overnight.

Loony BoB
09-16-2011, 01:07 PM
It got windy, a little wet, but it's Scotland and I'm used to it. =| February will be way worse.

Laddy
09-17-2011, 05:55 AM
I live in Tennessee, all we have are scorching days and no beaches.

Chris
09-17-2011, 10:49 AM
Of all of the troublesome weather phenomenon, wind is the one I hate the most. Don't mind rain or come shine, but I cannot deal with too much wind.

Jiro
09-18-2011, 04:31 AM
We had some crazy wind the other day and I was driving along and this van next to me almost flew away.

demondude
09-18-2011, 10:40 AM
We had some crazy wind the other day and I was driving along and this van next to me almost flew away.

Drugs.

I didn't notice any wind. What a let down.

Iceglow
09-18-2011, 11:19 AM
I was all ready to go down the Thames with a sail boat and set sail but the wind didn't rise and my sails didn't fill. Living in the south east sometimes sucks :(