PDA

View Full Version : for the first time in 10.5 years, I have a new password

Peegee
09-12-2011, 03:46 PM
I fell asleep with my phone on my lap or something, and it's probably on the floor or in somebody's pocket or in the lost n' found. I couldn't contact anybody available to make sure, so I'll have to check tonight

I'm not going to reveal my old password until I figure out what happened. But shame on all of you for not figuring it out by now.

Do you ever change your password for this place? Considering a lot of SOs post as each other all the time (I'm looking at you), maybe this sort of request wouldn't do a single thing to improve security.

pic related - what I got when I searched security guard pokemon

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqr2vb8KJV1qbea7to1_500.jpg

Loony BoB
09-12-2011, 03:56 PM
I think I've changed my password at EoFF two or three times over the years.

Peegee
09-12-2011, 04:04 PM

I don't think you're one of those people who let their SO post as them, so carry on good sir!

Pike
09-12-2011, 04:20 PM

IS THAT SOME TERRIERMON? :jess: :jess:

I don't think you're one of those people who let their SO post as them, so carry on good sir!

I've never let my SO post as me either. Is this some sort of grand EoFF tradition that I'm missing out on?

Loony BoB
09-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Yeah, she has her own account and, despite a bunch of them being EoFFers, I can't think of any time I've had a girlfriend who had any real interest in using my account. Maybe Mandy, at a push.

NorthernChaosGod
09-12-2011, 11:02 PM
I've probably changed my password two or three times as well. I don't give out my FB password to girlfriends, so I highly doubt I would give them my EoFF password (assuming they knew of its existence).

Raistlin
09-12-2011, 11:12 PM
I haven't changed my password in over 11 years, over 3 different message board software and multiple resets. I think I've logged in as 3 other people over the years.

Parker
09-12-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm password conscious for most places but I realised that if anyone stole my eoff password they pronbably couldnt post worse than I do and mods wouldnt notice so it would all be cool, so my pass here is still the same as when i signed up.

Hollycat
09-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I fell asleep with my phone on my lap or something, and it's probably on the floor or in somebody's pocket or in the lost n' found. I couldn't contact anybody available to make sure, so I'll have to check tonight

I'm not going to reveal my old password until I figure out what happened. But shame on all of you for not figuring it out by now.

Do you ever change your password for this place? Considering a lot of SOs post as each other all the time (I'm looking at you), maybe this sort of request wouldn't do a single thing to improve security.

pic related - what I got when I searched security guard pokemon

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lqr2vb8KJV1qbea7to1_500.jpgthats a digimon

qwertysaur
09-13-2011, 01:59 AM

IS THAT SOME TERRIERMON? :jess: :jess:

YES. :bigsmile:

I have a few passwords, they are top secret ;)

Jiro
09-13-2011, 02:49 AM
I have about 5 variants on the same password which means I often get locked out of things because I forget which one to use. I'm now slowly changing that by switching between three other passwords as well.

My bank password is my favourite.

Yar
09-13-2011, 03:15 AM
Change my password here? Psh, I just change my handle instead :p

Hollycat
09-13-2011, 03:46 AM
my password is br549

Pike
09-13-2011, 03:48 AM
I have about 5 variants on the same password which means I often get locked out of things because I forget which one to use.

I know this feel all too well, comrade.

Jiro
09-13-2011, 04:22 AM
my password is br549

Did not work, wat do.

Peegee
09-13-2011, 04:24 AM
my password is br549

Did not work, wat do.

ask an admin to change it to something else

m4tt
09-13-2011, 05:19 AM
I've changed my password once while here. It's been the same since I was a regular here back in 2005. I'm surprised I even remembered it, since it's not one of my "normal" passwords that I use elsewhere around the web.

Jiro
09-13-2011, 05:36 AM
You can never forget us m4tt.

Old Manus
09-13-2011, 11:10 AM
I posted my password in a password thread then got drunk tanked as everyone was logging into my account and peeking through my saucy PM exchanges with Christmas and thug talk with Flying Mullet.

Your password comes up as asterisks now though, look *******, so no matter how many times I type hunter2 it comes up to you as *******.

Citizen Bleys
09-13-2011, 11:51 AM
My wifi password is actually ********, since that's what shows up no matter what I type. I'm not worried about posting it here, though, since most of you would need an antenna visible from space to connect to my wifi, and then you'd be invaded by Americans.

Rantz
09-13-2011, 01:14 PM
I have different passwords for all sites and a way to remember them without being written down anywhere :jess: I've changed a few times in most places, including here.

Jiro
09-13-2011, 02:20 PM
I have different passwords for all sites and a way to remember them without being written down anywhere :jess: I've changed a few times in most places, including here.

share your secrets with us

Hollycat
09-13-2011, 08:57 PM
my password is br549

Did not work, wat do.

Try using links to pictures of emma watson as the password

Pike
09-14-2011, 02:24 AM
As an aside Livejournal has been warning me to change my password every single time I update my LJ for the past... I don't even know, four or five years now

I just can't be bothered

Jiro
09-14-2011, 03:12 AM
Nobody hacks livejournals. I mean what can they do, post non-emo things to troll your readers?

<!-- not Pike in particular, I mean in general. LJ is made for emo posts -->

Pike
09-14-2011, 03:18 AM
The easiest way to troll my Livejournal would be to post something not related to video games, watches, or Linux.

Jiro
09-14-2011, 04:22 AM
YOU ARE THE [NOT EMO] TROLL :O

TrollHunter
09-14-2011, 04:53 AM
I use the same password for pretty much everything...

Pike
09-14-2011, 07:06 AM
YOU ARE THE [NOT EMO] TROLL :O

NO, I MUST KILL THE TROLLS, shouted Pike
NO PIKE, YOU ARE THE TROLL, said Jiro
And then Pike was the troll.

Jiro
09-14-2011, 11:02 AM
...then...who was phone?

Levian
09-14-2011, 01:10 PM
It used to be different kinds of animals, but now it's alphanumeric so I'm not too worried about a human figuring it out. A computer on the other hand. :shifty:

Jiro
09-14-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm going to start changing my passwords to chocobo64 and I have absolutely no idea where that came from but it sounds cool.

Hollycat
09-15-2011, 12:11 AM
I'm going to start changing my passwords to chocobo64 and I have absolutely no idea where that came from but it sounds cool.

No work what do?

Araciel
09-16-2011, 01:56 AM
Definitely not. Never.

Rebellious Eagle
09-17-2011, 02:45 AM
I've had the same password for every site since I was like 6. :3

Miss_Lulu
09-18-2011, 01:00 AM
I haven't ever changed my EoFF password. It's been the same since the beginning.
I have a different password that I use for Facebook, and tumblr.
Then I have 3 different email accounts, and each email account has a different password.
My flickr password and my photobucket password are the same.

I think that covers everything I have and still check.

Martyr
09-18-2011, 01:31 AM
Once, my boss needed to get onto my work account. He started pushing me around to try and get me to give him my password.
I can't think of all the horrible adjectives to describe the shiftiness of his nature, but I knew that he was trying to penetrate my securities and possibly invade my life on the net. Just because he likes knowing provate information, since I have stumbled on private information about him. Bastard.

ANyway, his situation seemed dire at the time, and I am a good employee/faithful person/loyal friend/TOTAL F-ING MORON and I gave it to him.
No sooner had I done so did I realize the horrible mistake I made.
I told him I needed to use the bathroom, ran off tohe school library (I was working at the college then) and tried to recall everything I had that used that particular password, which included facebook and one email account and other things. I changed them all. Not one of them remained unchanged.
But I left my work password the same. If the man has to see how much he pays me or which messages I send him from my side, that's fine with me.

Other than that, my passwords rarely changed.
I changed my pass for this site to something I'd never remember once, but then when I wanted to come back, I just kinda got around it, since I forgot to change my email too.
Or maybe I unconsciously sabotaged my plan to be unable to return.
I just inspired myself to quit again. Hasta y'all

Peegee
09-19-2011, 05:26 AM
lol martyr

whenever i share my accounts with people (battle net, steam), i change my password to something silly like A1234567