PDA

View Full Version : TGS 2011

Rostum
09-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Hey guys!

So TGS is happening, have you been keeping up?

Here's a good list of what's been announced so far! (http://ps3.mmgn.com/Articles/Tokyo-Game-Show-2011-HQ)

So far Zelda: Skyward Sword is looking amazing, and they just announced a HD remake of Final Fantasy X on the PS3 as well as some other remakes on the Vita. Nintendo have also announced a lot of cool games coming to the 3DS.

What are your thoughts?

Bolivar
09-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Vita presentation was pretty great overall on all fronts, except one: the battery life. Much like the 3DS, it's a good reason to hold out on this one for a while.

Lionx
09-14-2011, 10:56 PM
They remade FFX before FFVII!!! XD

Honestly the Vita atm, does not interest me. It has a lot of games but all of them are ports/sequels...nothing particularly interesting. In fact, a lot of it reminds me of how the PSP is now...lots of ports. Not to say there isn't unique games for PSP atm, but a lot of them are ports...

The battery life seems worse than the 3DS..at least you can extend the battery life in 3DS by turning off the 3D to about 6-8 hours. But it feels like you are married to it in the Vita. Their trailer of the handheld with 'revolutionary design' and then showing off their buttons/joybad...is not that revolutionary at all. Any other features like 3G..i rather get a phone with a 4G plan. This thing is failing to impress me outside of its AR functions.

3DS is...i dunno wtf they doin but ugasldfkja;. That add-on killed a lot of it for me...but i still intend to get one because they have unique games you can't get anywhere else. Just WAYY later now...waiting on that redesign.

So right now, I am not hyped about most things. Games get worse every year. (Maybe except Zelda but i didnt pay as much attention to it since I don't have a Wii).

Rostum
09-14-2011, 11:21 PM
The Vita, at least for me, is great because there's going to be PS2 ports to it. And I love the PS2 library. I am not really caring too much about the tech behind it all, but rather the game library which so far hasn't impressed me. It's the same deal with the 3DS but at least they did announce some nice games coming soon, I just hope they keep that up.

Still early days though! It'll only be a matter of time before we know how many third party developers are going to back either system.

ljkkjlcm9
09-14-2011, 11:48 PM
For me the fact that one of the big "cool" things about the Vita is playing a PS3 game on the go, literally play on your PS3, and then take it on your Vita... gives me 0 interest. If I can play it on my PS3, I don't need the Vita. I rarely have time to play on the go, and if I do, I want a unique experience. That's what my 3DS gives me, because yes, it may have SOME ports, but most of the games will be exclusive to the 3DS. If I can play most of the Vita games on PS3... and lets be honest any huge game they have will offer it, then there's no point for me to get the Vita. And while Vita may get PS2 ports... so does the PS3, and it gets PSP ports. I've been playing the God of War Origins Collection since I got it yesterday cause I never did on the PSP, and it definitely makes me feel better for not buying a PSP way back when. There are other PSP games I want and I may get one in time, but there has never been a system seller I couldn't miss for me at the price.

I also want someone to make an article titled
"PS Vita Has No Battery Vita"
The fact that one of the biggest complaints about the 3DS is the battery life at 3-8 hours, and then Sony announces the battery life is 3-5, without internet active, and then advertise a 3G version which is for connecting to the internet anywhere... just seems even more ridiculous! And if it's only 3 hours, or less with internet... I really SHOULD just play it on my damn console!

So, the Vita has potential, but no games I really want even announced. The 3DS has potential, and games I currently want announced and some coming out this fall. However... I may buy a regular PSP and download some older titles on it I've always wanted to play, so when/if I do get a Vita, at least I'll still be able to play my old PSP games. UMD consumers are kinda screwed...

THE JACKEL

Rostum
09-15-2011, 01:03 AM
Let me ask this, would you guys pay more for the device if it came with double the battery capacity? I mean, it seems to me that the reason for the low battery life is due to cost cutting.

Kokichi
09-15-2011, 01:39 AM
NeoGAF - View Single Post - Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (PS3/360 - Nov. 15) [Up: Entire Roster Leaked, Art In OP] (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30876367&postcount=13455)

Please.

PLEASE.

Mirage
09-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Wouldn't that also make it xbox hueg? I think todays battery tech means it is pretty much a 1:1 scale when it comes to physical size and battery capacity, excluding the plastic casing for it and stuff. So 50% more battery capacity would mean about a 50% increase in battery size.

Lionx
09-15-2011, 02:16 AM
I would pay more for a battery. I mean its a big thing since its portable...

Bolivar
09-15-2011, 05:40 AM
Twice the amount for extra battery life? Hellz no. No console's worth $500. A 3rd party accessory will probably be released soon afterward to extend it anyway.

JACKEL, it seems to me that you're just the stereotypical american gamer, that is, in one respect - you don't really have a need for a portable console. Me, I take at least one commute a day, spend a lot of time outside of my apartment, and I frequently travel to another state. Having a handheld on par with current gen consoles raises portable gaming several notches for me. Your argument is kind of strange because if you'd rather just play a game on your console instead of a handheld, why would you ever bother with the (up until the VIta) historically limited experiences on handhelds? Maybe it's because you don't see a lot of original content, but from epic sessions of Uncharted: Golden Abyss, to bite-sized rounds of Hot Shots golf, to the incoming tsunami of indie games with PlayStation Suite, claiming the system won't have original content makes it sound like you're in denial.

I'm also confused by the argument that console experiences don't translate to handhelds well. I'm playing Xenogears right now on my PSP and it's fantastic; in a lot of ways it's better than playing it on the PS3. I play racers, action games, strategy games, and RPGs on my PSP and all of them are incredibly fun and perfect for both smaller and longer play sessions. Hell, I use my DS Lite virtually exclusively for RPGs, some of which were previously released on consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if the most played 3DS title by users on this site is Ocarina of time.

Plus, there's a weird novelty about playing these games on a handheld. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had absolutely no appeal to me when it came out on PS3 but Ultimate MvC3 on the Vita, with the same visual fidelity and running at 60fps... I don't know. I want it.

But even with all that, it's a system worth waiting on for me. I'd much rather wait for a newer iteration with better battery life, at a lower price, and with a larger library after the platform has found its voice. Don't get me wrong, I want a 3DS, too, but it has a lot farther to go than the Vita to garner interest, and it's already been out for half a year or so.

Lionx
09-15-2011, 06:04 AM
Why would it cost them double to make a better battery? Theres accessories for the 3DS that already prolong its life by a huge margin that doesn't take up a lot of space. So to me its just poor decision making...

I also cannot take any fighting game that seriously on a handheld. Thats just me though, I play them competitively and arcades are really the only way to go...and if theres an offline version its only for training room and I need to use a joystick or it might be bad when its competition time. So the handhelds are a huge waste of time for me. Similarly i can't play FPS on a handheld and i don't understand why anyone would on a handheld and not a PC or at least a console. So in many ways i don't see whats the big draw for the Vita.

I need something unique and special for my handheld, or its not going to garner much interest...

RPGs though i am fine. Those are just fine on handhelds, the change to portable from console/pc isnt that huge. But if you are always moving then of course handhelds are going to be awesome.

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Depends on how much more. The short battery life is a big downside, but lately I find myself taking advantage of portability by playing in rooms of my house that are not my living room rather than places that aren't my house xD

I'm very eager to see how the Vita turns out. I very much like the idea of having my PS2 library on the go. Especially since I no longer have any means of playing PS2 games.

ljkkjlcm9
09-15-2011, 05:27 PM
JACKEL, it seems to me that you're just the stereotypical american gamer, that is, in one respect - you don't really have a need for a portable console. Me, I take at least one commute a day, spend a lot of time outside of my apartment, and I frequently travel to another state. Having a handheld on par with current gen consoles raises portable gaming several notches for me. Your argument is kind of strange because if you'd rather just play a game on your console instead of a handheld, why would you ever bother with the (up until the VIta) historically limited experiences on handhelds? Maybe it's because you don't see a lot of original content, but from epic sessions of Uncharted: Golden Abyss, to bite-sized rounds of Hot Shots golf, to the incoming tsunami of indie games with PlayStation Suite, claiming the system won't have original content makes it sound like you're in denial.

I'm also confused by the argument that console experiences don't translate to handhelds well. I'm playing Xenogears right now on my PSP and it's fantastic; in a lot of ways it's better than playing it on the PS3. I play racers, action games, strategy games, and RPGs on my PSP and all of them are incredibly fun and perfect for both smaller and longer play sessions. Hell, I use my DS Lite virtually exclusively for RPGs, some of which were previously released on consoles. I wouldn't be surprised if the most played 3DS title by users on this site is Ocarina of time.

I have many RPG's for my DS, and I love every one of them. Most of them are exclusive to the DS, and there are a large number of them. However when it comes to the PSP side of things, looking through a list of all their games, there are maybe adozen that truly interest me. Uncharted does not interest me, any sports, racer, FPS, fighting... does not interest me. Example, every 360 exclusive game I have no interest in(Lost Odyssey was an exception and I've played it). And most that even come close to interesting me are also on the PC. However I understand other people's interest in them and the system, they just don't interest me. Like I said, I am considering buying a regular PSP for some of those games I missed that I did want, but the total number of titles was about 10. Where as I currently have 56 games for my DS. I don't commute to work, it's about a 5 minute drive for me. I don't travel very often, I only get two weeks of vacation a year right now, and I work most weekends. The extent of my away from console time is spending the night at my girlfriends, in which case I'm not likely to be playing many games. I love my portable system, I love being able to play on the toilet or around my apartment while watching tv, or a roommate is playing a game on their tv. But in the end most of my gaming time is at home. So it becomes a choice of playing, for example right now, Star Fox on my 3DS, or God of War Origins/White Knight Chronicles 2 on my PS3. So can there be great games on portable systems that I want? Yes. Nintendo usually provides me with more exclusive games that I want than Sony. Games like Uncharted Golden Abyss, not only don't interest me that much, but I also don't expect it to stay PSV exclusive anymore, not when Sony is pumping out some of their bigger PSP games for the PS3 now.

That, and I traveled a lot more when I was younger with my parents, so portable gaming was huge for me. Historically limited? I'd venture to say many portable games before were not designed for short play times, and was hardly limited. However today even Uncharted Golden Abyss is apparently designed to allow for 15 minute play sessions. If anything, portable games now are more geared towards limited play. I used to stay up at night under my blankets playing Megaman Battle Network til 3/4 in the morning trying to collect every battle chip and S rank every boss. I have more DS and GBA games than I do for any of my other systems. (PC, NES, SNES, N64, GC, PS2, PS3). My point isn't that I always prefer console gaming. But my point is that if the same game is on both, I probably won't buy the portable version since I'll be laying in my bed whether I'm playing my PS3 or if I got one, my PS Vita.

THE JACKEL

Bolivar
09-15-2011, 05:40 PM
JACKEL, I guess it's just different strokes for different folks with us. Honestly the PSP was garbage to me until maybe 2 years ago when they started releasing a lot of titles I liked. I don't know if they had a shift in department heads, but they've really had a solid 2 years with Peace Walker, Valkyria Chronicles, MotorStorm, Gran Turismo, Tactics Ogre, Gods Eater, etc.

I also cannot take any fighting game that seriously on a handheld. Thats just me though, I play them competitively and arcades are really the only way to go...and if theres an offline version its only for training room and I need to use a joystick or it might be bad when its competition time. So the handhelds are a huge waste of time for me. Similarly i can't play FPS on a handheld and i don't understand why anyone would on a handheld and not a PC or at least a console. So in many ways i don't see whats the big draw for the Vita.

I was never into the arcade scene; some of my favorite gaming memories were hour-long sessions of fighters for Couch Bragging Rights. So I'm a controller guy, admittedly not too immersed in the genre. That said, handhelds have traditionally had horrible D-Pads, so unless that's another portable stereotype that the Vita is shattering, I'm not expecting it to be too great.

But I'm completely bewildered by the FPS argument. Hasn't the only reason FPS not been feasible on handhelds because of inadequate controls? I think that's the entire point of the Vita's interface. I play shooters almost every day and I can't wait for the first serious CoD, Battlefield, or (gasp) Unreal Tournament that hits the Vita.

Rostum
09-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Oh sorry I didn't mean double the price for double the battery. I just meant paying extra, since price point seems to be a huge deal at the moment considering the 3DS had a major cut recently. Other than that I don't know about physical battery sizes and all that.

I'm of similar opinion with Lionx that I don't really need my games on the go, and that's just my lifestyle. That and I guess being a non-FPS player is limiting what I'll like on the system. Once more unique games come out in the genres I'm interested in, then I'll be a bit more serious in my consideration for the Vita, just like with the 3DS.

DMKA
09-16-2011, 04:17 AM
Final Fantasy X HD Remake?

All my dreams are coming true! :D

Lionx
09-16-2011, 07:46 AM
But I'm completely bewildered by the FPS argument. Hasn't the only reason FPS not been feasible on handhelds because of inadequate controls? I think that's the entire point of the Vita's interface. I play shooters almost every day and I can't wait for the first serious CoD, Battlefield, or (gasp) Unreal Tournament that hits the Vita.

Theres many things that factor into purchasing an FPS for me...the biggest one is the online multiplayer competitive/cooperative with friends. If i can't play it in either one of those two, then its a much less likely chance for me to actually care about the game. Having those are huge bonuses to replayability, and for most of my games I like to keep and play them often. Single player can only do so much.

Another is control...I highly prefer a customizable Keyboard/Mouse over the Pad...although thats more of personalization, it just makes more sense to aim with a mouse. So yes its inadequate controls :D . The depth of field is pretty important too with the monitor imo, as well as the amount of players that would play a PC FPS compared to a Vita.

Thats just me though...I was always surprised at the fact that there are CoDs in handhelds. But hey if it appeals to some...i dont see why they shouldn't make one.

Loony BoB
09-16-2011, 12:27 PM
I have no real interest in Mario or Zelda games as I've never really played them heavily in the past due to not having many Nintendo consoles. To me, Nintendo has always been (and possibly always will be) a company that makes a console for their own games and don't really give a rat's arse about what other companies do with it. I don't think I can remember a Nintendo console ever having a third party game that sold amazingly well. I'm sure there are a couple, but to me, it's always been a console you buy to play Mario, Zelda and Pokémon and not much else.

Pokémon used to be a draw card for me and we do have a GBA and DS at our place, along with a bunch of neat games (or training software) for each (Pokémon, Professor Layton, FFIII remake, Learn Spanish, etc) but Pokémon is lacking in originality and is too much of a cashcow for my liking - basically, the idea that you have to buy every game to catch every Pokémon leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, and I gave up on it because of that.

This has basically always meant that I would (and in the end did, although years later than it's release) buy a PSP over a DS. For the same reasons, I'm not interested in the 3DS and I am interested in the Vita. Like Bolivar, I'm a commuter and this is the primary time for me when it comes to handheld playing. If I was not a commuter, I would probably not own a handheld at all.

The battery life is a little crap, sure, but for me it's not a big deal. A lot of the more lightweight laptops have a similar battery life these days, sadly, but I'll only play it for two hours at most without having access to my power supply. I can handle this end of things. Would I pay more for a longer lasting battery? Maybe, but not up front. I'd wait and see how it worked out and then buy a better battery if I felt it were an issue. Or alternatively just have two batteries, if they don't take up much space.

Someone mentioned that they simply don't play FPS games on handheld consoles. Remember the days when handhelds were not used to play FPS games? Did you play many FPS games on your megadrive? I know I didn't really play FPS games outside of the PC until consoles advanced enough - it was always the analog sticks that made the difference in the end and now FPS games flood the console market. With that in mind, I think the analog sticks could make a difference to the way people see handhelds when it comes to FPS gaming. We'll all have to try it to say for sure, but the Vita could wind up making people playing FPS games on handheld consoles a common practice. If you like customisable keyboards, though, then that's something you can't take with you on a handheld but you can't really do that with a standard console controller, either - despite this, I think FPS games sell far better on consoles than on PC, so the majority of people will be who Sony will look at.

From what I can see, there are a number of games that are being designed as Vita exclusives, and I would not be surprised if when you compare the Vita at both launch and a year after release that there were more companies making Vita exclusives than 3DS exclusives. I say this because I expect that 3DS exclusives will be almost exclusively made by Nintendo, and 90% of the 'major' 3DS games will be made by Nintendo. Of those, 50% will be Mario games. It's just... predictable and doesn't appeal to me. I just never really fell in love with Mario like I have with other game characters. I'd probably like Zelda games if I played them but since Nintendo don't make Zelda games for other consoles often (if at all), I'll probably never play one to know for sure. :p

FFX HD? Ugh. I hope they change the voice actors. But I know they won't. :(

tl;dr: I don't care about Mario/Zelda/Pokémon anymore and that means I don't care about Nintendo consoles anymore. FPS games could work well on Vita, but we'll have to wait and see. Vita will possibly have more exclusives than 3DS when it comes to different franchises, because the 3DS exclusives will be made up mostly of Nintendo's major franchises such as Mario. Tidus sucks. So does Seymour. Yuna is barely better. FFX sucked because of these three characters. I think I've said more here about this than in the long version above...

NeoCracker
09-16-2011, 01:21 PM
True, most of nintendo's big system titles were all first party, so anyone not caring about those it makes sense for them not care. :p

I got my Wii for those very games, yet oddly they aren't the ones I had the most fun with, it was odd little titles like No More Heroes, but there weren't enough of those to really let the system compete with quality for me.

Now the DS on the other hand is a treasure trove of awesome RPG's and quirky games, which are all my style. PSP for me had remakes of good RPG's and mediocre original RPGs. You know why I had a PSP? It was easy to get modded.

For me I use handhelds for RPGs mostly, so really the only thing that would get me to buy the Vita, assuming I have the funds to do so, is awesome RPG's. Shin Megami, one of my favorite companies for said game type, said they multiple titles planned for it, so it sold me. I have heard nothing of the sort for Vita as of yet.

Del Murder
09-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I buy Nintendo consoles just to play Nintendo first party games. They are the best first party developer on the planet, hands down. In fact, after Square Enix, Nintendo is probably my favorite all time gaming company. Unlike SE, they have not gone recently gone downhill in the quality of games they produce. Mario Galaxy was amazing. Mario Galaxy 2 was, somehow, better, and may even be the greatest Mario game ever made (though SMB3 and SMW probably beat it for the nostalgia factor). DKC Returns was also amazing. I am super stoked for Skyward Sword. Super Smash Bros. blows any other fighting game out of the water.

My first current-gen system was Wii simply because Nintendo's first party games were more alluring than all the third parties Sony and Microsoft had to offer combined. Their games are that good. I can see how people look at the FPS and other 'adult' titles flooding the market and then look at Nintendo and think 'what is this kiddie crap?' The gaming world is an adult world these days. But, in my heart, I'm still a kid, and a Nintendo fanboy. I will always mark out for any new Mario or Zelda game. With Pokemon it's easier to get sick of it since the game is pretty simple, but I have to admit, after a few years I get the itch to go back to it and build up my team all over again.

Slothy
09-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I buy Nintendo consoles just to play Nintendo first party games. They are the best first party developer on the planet, hands down. In fact, after Square Enix, Nintendo is probably my favorite all time gaming company. Unlike SE, they have not gone recently gone downhill in the quality of games they produce. Mario Galaxy was amazing. Mario Galaxy 2 was, somehow, better, and may even be the greatest Mario game ever made (though SMB3 and SMW probably beat it for the nostalgia factor). DKC Returns was also amazing. I am super stoked for Skyward Sword. Super Smash Bros. blows any other fighting game out of the water.

This is somewhat debatable. I'd agree that Nintendo's quality hasn't slipped enough for me to say they aren't the best first party developer (thanks in large part to some lack luster Sony titles in the last year, and Microsoft being a non-factor), but I haven't really enjoyed any of their flagship titles since the N64. Hell, they've been almost doing nothing but rehashing their older titles, except somehow they're making them worse than the originals. Granted they've shown some improvement since the Gamecube, but games like Mario Galaxy and the recent Zelda titles still pale next to their N64 iterations in terms of originality, and even some of the fundamentals like level design. I actually got so bored with Galaxy that I almost couldn't bring myself to finish it. I'm not even going to touch Smash Bros. simply because I didn't like that game from the beginning, which I'll at least admit in that case is simply because I don't care for the concept or the way it plays, not that I've ever found anything to be fundamentally wrong with it.

So I honestly can't get too excited about anything Nintendo does anymore. They used to be leaders in gameplay innovation. Hell, they basically defined the 3D platformer with their very first attempt at one, not to mention everything else they did on the N64 and in 2D before that. But I feel like it's been a long time since they were that innovative company I grew up with who knew how to do more than make a fairly polished rehash of every title they've ever made.

So long story short, I'm really interested in what the Vita will have going on. Things are looking good to me so far. I can understand complaints about the battery life, though I'm not surprised by it. I personally don't travel very often or far enough to make use of a lot of battery life anyway. Odds are I'd be playing it mostly at home. Anytime I do travel long distances I'm usually doing the driving so aside from the occasional short bus ride downtown I'm not going to need 5+ hours of battery life. And considering the potential for a more console like experience on a handheld I'm all for it.

Del Murder
09-16-2011, 07:09 PM
I think the creative use of gravity in Mario Galaxy is pretty damn innovative. I could jump from planet to planet for hours. I agree with you about Zelda, Twilight Princess was a great game but it was mostly a souped-up version of OoT (I wasn't complaining). I'm excited to see what Skyward Sword does with the series since I hear the motion controls are much better utilized than in TP.

I think Metriod: Other M tried to innovate that series but it did not do a good job. It's funny, the series they have tried to innovate the most was probably the one they needed to touch the least. I bet a 2D Super Metroid-style would be something we'd all love to see!

I'll stop hijacking this thread now.

Slothy
09-16-2011, 07:18 PM
I agree to an extent about the gravity, but I felt it didn't really stand out enough. There could have been some really interesting possibilities with the smaller planets and moving between them, but most just ended up being tiny levels where you occasionally went upside down. The parts that stood out to me as being really creative and interesting were few and far between, and not usually used that well.

I think Metriod: Other M tried to innovate that series but it did not need to do a good job. It's funny, the series they have tried to innovate the most was probably the one they needed to touch the least. I bet a 2D Super Metroid-style would be something we'd all love to see!

I haven't played Other M, but based on what I've heard it sounds like what you could expect when you try to get innovation from a company known for jiggle physics.

But that's actually a good point. I rip into companies a lot for not trying to innovate enough and simply rehashing the same game over and over, but sometimes a rehash is acceptable. I wouldn't mind Nintendo going back and revisiting the Super Metroid style since it's been years since we've had a game of that type. In other words, I've had some time to miss it.

Now I'll stop hijacking the thread too. :D

Bolivar
09-17-2011, 03:32 AM
Theres many things that factor into purchasing an FPS for me...the biggest one is the online multiplayer competitive/cooperative with friends. If i can't play it in either one of those two, then its a much less likely chance for me to actually care about the game. Having those are huge bonuses to replayability, and for most of my games I like to keep and play them often. Single player can only do so much.

Another is control...I highly prefer a customizable Keyboard/Mouse over the Pad...although thats more of personalization, it just makes more sense to aim with a mouse. So yes its inadequate controls :D . The depth of field is pretty important too with the monitor imo, as well as the amount of players that would play a PC FPS compared to a Vita.

Thats just me though...I was always surprised at the fact that there are CoDs in handhelds. But hey if it appeals to some...i dont see why they shouldn't make one.

Haha you do realize the irony in citing online multiplayer and controls as the reasons why FPS is unappealing on a handheld that has multiple options for online multiplayer and the same control interface as other systems which you previously called passable? I also can't believe people still say the "more people is better" argument on online multiplayer. I can still play Unreal Tournament III and have a blast and its legal version population is like 10, lol. I play a lot of shooters and I've never had a problem being matchmade with players with similar skill levels in the games with smaller populations.

BUT DAMN there's a lot of stuff going on at TGS other than Vita... tons of SF x Tekken content, MGS Collection won't have transfarring in US, God Eater 2... does this thread HAVE to be Sony vs. Nintendo?

NeoCracker
09-17-2011, 04:59 AM
I think the creative use of gravity in Mario Galaxy is pretty damn innovative. I could jump from planet to planet for hours. I agree with you about Zelda, Twilight Princess was a great game but it was mostly a souped-up version of OoT (I wasn't complaining). I'm excited to see what Skyward Sword does with the series since I hear the motion controls are much better utilized than in TP.

I think Metriod: Other M tried to innovate that series but it did not do a good job. It's funny, the series they have tried to innovate the most was probably the one they needed to touch the least. I bet a 2D Super Metroid-style would be something we'd all love to see!

I'll stop hijacking this thread now.

You know, the only thing keeping me from really enjoying Twilight princess was it's too easy, and they under use a good amount of the Items.

Lionx
09-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Haha you do realize the irony in citing online multiplayer and controls as the reasons why FPS is unappealing on a handheld that has multiple options for online multiplayer and the same control interface as other systems which you previously called passable? I also can't believe people still say the "more people is better" argument on online multiplayer. I can still play Unreal Tournament III and have a blast and its legal version population is like 10, lol. I play a lot of shooters and I've never had a problem being matchmade with players with similar skill levels in the games with smaller populations.

Hey if you like what the Vita has for an FPS more power for you. I just fail to see the appeal for me personally is all(and trying to by discussing it). I need that keyboard and mouse, and just enjoy a more PC thing to it.

Skyblade
09-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Usually, I don't really care about specs, at all. I get consoles for the games that are on them. I avoided the XBox 360 this generation because every XBox game I was interested in was availible for the PC as well, and I prefer PC gaming. Usually, if a console has a game I really want, I will get it (only one I have avoided thus far is getting an iPhone to get the Secret of Mana port, mostly because I can't imagine using solely touch controls).

Lately, I find myself looking more towards handhelds than my consoles, so I do keep an especially close watch on the handheld markets. Even ports are worthwhile if there are enough high quality ones, because I prefer using my handheld consoles these days. So for me, the thought of having access to my entire PS3 library in a handheld is very interesting. But, again, the game that sealed the deal that I would get a Vita is Persona 4: The Golden (assuming they make the smart move of porting it to the US). 1.5 times the voice acting, a whole extra character, and more? Sign me up. I got the 3DS largely for Ocarina of Time, Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright (which is coming, however slowly), and Golden Sun 4.