PDA

View Full Version : [TGS] Information thread

ShinGundam
09-15-2011, 04:32 AM
First look at the poster
http://i56.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/eu0msg.jpg

Those animals are adorable! :D

+
Kingdom Hearts 3D Features Characters From The World Ends With You

qwertysaur
09-15-2011, 05:52 AM
TWEWY characters? That's zetta awesome!

Also at first glance I thought the pink heartless was a flamboyant meta knight. :bigsmile:

ShinGundam
09-15-2011, 08:21 AM
Apparently, these animals are your companion. :kakapo:

http://h8.abload.de/img/39819941646sf.jpg

petradycka
09-15-2011, 01:42 PM
That's zetta awesome!

Jessweeee♪
09-15-2011, 02:13 PM
Neat! I wonder if Neku is a partner character. I'd be interesting to see.

Edge7
09-16-2011, 03:39 AM
No joke, when I first read that Neku would be in the game, I did a funny little dance in my seat :kakapo:. Still looks a little weird as an actual KH model though...

Also, do you suppose this is Neku when he's still in his "emo" phase?

DMKA
09-16-2011, 04:25 AM
Well damn, I've never played The World Ends With You.

Piracy, ho!

ShinGundam
09-16-2011, 12:20 PM
No joke, when I first read that Neku would be in the game, I did a funny little dance in my seat :kakapo:. Still looks a little weird as an actual KH model though...

Also, do you suppose this is Neku when he's still in his "emo" phase?
I think so, when you approach Neku, He jumps down and shows Sora the number on his hand and mentions he needs a partner to play the Reapers’ game with. :p

Anyway, game impression from gamewatch :

Enjoy the evolved battle system of “Free Flow Action”!
As the first title of the Kingdom Hearts series for the 3DS, there are high expectations and for the first time in the world, a playable version is on display for the public. Since the crowds are expected to be very congested on the general admission days, if you’d like to try it out you are best off arriving early. When you try out the demo, you’ll have a choice of playing either Sora’s or Riku’s scenario.
Sora’s scenario, takes place in the series familiar “Traverse Town”. Sora seems to be separated from Riku when an orange haired boy appears. The boy is participating in some sort of game and is looking for a partner. There is a timer counting down engraved on the palm of his hand indicating the game is in effect. Riku’s stage is “Le Cité des Cloches” where Quasimodo from the Bells of Notre Dame appears.
One of the biggest characteristics of the series is how easy it is to play and create a bright, flashy display of action in battle; and that’s apparent within 10 minutes of playing this title. What was particularly fun was utilizing the “Free Flow Action” option which allows the player to do abilities like gliding, kicking off walls, and swirling around poles in an instant, creating high speed action. Since it offers the most refreshing action elements of the series with the capability to move limitlessly through the sky while unleashing a flurry of attacks, you could say that the action aspects have evolved remarkably.
The method of utilizing the lock on markers has changed. By pressing the A and X button at the same time, you can invoke a “Reality Shift” which makes use of the touch panel screen and changes the operation mode of Sora and Riku. Since the battle can be interrupted while invoking a “Reality Shift”, you can mess with the touch panel screen without becoming impatient. The other uses of the touch panel include directing your 2 companion creatures called the Dream Eaters. Since all you have to do to put them in action is touch their icons, it seems that they will become powerful weapons in battle.
Furthermore, from the trailer shown in the open mega theater, we can confirm that there is an AR function that allows you to playfully interact with the Dream Eaters. Not only is the action enjoyable, but it seems there are various systems to look forward to in this title.

qwertysaur
09-16-2011, 04:14 PM
I hope Sho appears as a boss. :bigsmile:

Wolf Kanno
09-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Having TWEWY characters pop up has suddenly jumped this game from "intriguing" to "must have" status. I can only pray this means that Squenix is thinking about giving us a sequel to one of the best games they've released in the past decade.

Is it me, or is SE really milking this idea of monster party members mechanic this TGS?

Rostum
09-18-2011, 12:35 PM
You know, I've followed this series since day one but recently I just don't feel interested in this title. I would really just like KH3 please. ,_,

Wolf Kanno
09-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Sadly, you'll be waiting for awhile, even though the team has confirmed their in the planning stage for the title, they've also made it clear that serious results won't be made until Versus XIII gets released and that game still doesn't have a release window.

Edge7
09-22-2011, 02:31 AM
You know, I've followed this series since day one but recently I just don't feel interested in this title. I would really just like KH3 please. ,_,
Really? I'm excited; at least the story's taking a step forward in this game. And from the dialouge in the trailer I get the impression that Neku is fighting desperately for his "fee". I think this is a little "post-emo" Neku.

Wolf Kanno
09-22-2011, 05:45 AM
Yeah, this will actually be the first real sequel to the KH story in awhile (no one cares about coded, so it doesn't count ;) ) and I'm intrigued about finally learning more about what a Keyblade Master is. Besides, I've got Neku and Hunchback to look forward to as well so its shaping up pretty nice.

I wonder how BBS2 is doing?

Ouch!
09-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Ever since they teased Birth by Sleep: Volume II in the Final Mix trailer, they've said a whole lot of nothing about it. Typical Square Enix that, I suppose. At any rate, I'm expecting some big things out of KH:3D. The scene at the end of the trailer when Braig accuses Terranort of having his memories return while he summon's Xehanort's keyblade makes it look like we may finally get some explanation as to what's going on with that whole situation as well. I think there's plenty to be excited about here.

Wolf Kanno
09-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Here's a few more tidbits about KH3D's plot (http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=16334)

"Basically there are worlds that fell into darkness besides the ones Sora returned to normal in the first Kingdom Hearts -- some of the princesses' worlds, Dumbo's world, and so on. The original story had all these worlds get fixed up in KH1's ending, but not all of them completely returned to normal, instead lying in stasis between light and dark. Since the worlds themselves are asleep, the game is set in the dreams these worlds are having. It's Sora and Riku's job to wake these worlds up, return them to normal, and gain their Keyblade Master certification."

Del Murder
09-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Sounds good to me! I did wonder what happened to some of those worlds. 3DS sure has a lot of promising games lined up for it, the only issue is these games need to hurry up and get released!

ShinGundam
09-24-2011, 07:43 PM
Sounds good to me! I did wonder what happened to some of those worlds. 3DS sure has a lot of promising games lined up for it, the only issue is these games need to hurry up and get released!
It's set for Spring 2012 in Japan which is very good on SQEX scale. :p