PDA

View Full Version : Would XIV fare better as an offline RPG?

SuperMillionaire
09-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Seeing as the online version of XIV seemingly flopped, do you think that XIV would fare better as an offline RPG with fixed character profiles and backstories?

Yar
09-15-2011, 05:29 PM
No. Anything Square has made recently blows chunks. I don't know why this would be any different. In fact, XIV's suckage just proves how bad Square is nowadays.

Del Murder
09-15-2011, 05:39 PM
It would have to be a completely different game. A game designed to be a MMO wouldn't exactly work as an offline game. However, in general, yes, I would have preferred FFXIV be an offline installment in the series.

Rostum
09-16-2011, 02:36 AM
The reason it's initial release flopped wasn't because it was an MMORPG, it was because Tanaka had no fucking idea what he was doing and wasted a lot of the company's valuable resources. It would be even worse if it wasn't an MMORPG simply because of it's lack of content.

No. Anything Square has made recently blows chunks. I don't know why this would be any different. In fact, XIV's suckage just proves how bad Square is nowadays.

I'll be honest with you, that simply isn't true. With the exception of FFXIV's release, of course. Only time will tell to see whether the new development team will pick this thing off the ground, and so far the new director/producer is doing a fantastic job and we'll start to see the fruits of his labor in the coming months.

Loony BoB
09-16-2011, 04:07 PM
If it worked for FFXII...!

But seriously, no.

SuperMillionaire
10-12-2011, 07:13 PM
They need to find a way to save the number 14 from its unlucky disposition. They should not let the number 14 go to waste, because it is a main-series title.

Mirage
10-12-2011, 08:55 PM
That's probably what they're think, and that's why they're stupid. They have to save face, no matter the cost, and it's draining the company for resources they could have used elsewhere.