PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

Yar
09-16-2011, 05:19 PM
One of the things I "do" is I like to write down my dreams. I like to keep a journal of the crazy or meaningful dreams I have. I also like to go back and see what some of the symbols mean. It's not that they are always right or anything, but it does make me think about the interpretation and gets me thinking about my life. Kind of like astrology: not something to live by, but a fun thing that can make you think.

Everyday this week I've dreamt entirely in Japanese. I still don't like it, but I'm getting used to it I guess. They used to be really stressful but now I kind of just roll with it. The strange thing is that I'll be speaking to people that don't even know Japanese in reality.

ANYWAY what do you dream about?

demondude
09-16-2011, 05:37 PM
My dreams are never meaningful or informative. It's just a very boring kind of surrealism.

Pike
09-16-2011, 08:22 PM
I invariably dream about one of the following topics:

Videogames
The internet (seriously I dream about trolling 4chan or getting rep at this place more often than I'd like to admit)
Malls and movie theaters. I have no idea WHY but my dreams take place in either a giant mall or a movie theater about 50% of the time. They have for years.

That's about it, really.

Pumpkin
09-16-2011, 08:29 PM
My dreams generally creep me out. I also have a few that re-occur every few months/years. I don't know what they mean.

Also, if I play a video game to much, I'll start dreaming about it and then I know that it's time to lay off for a little bit.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2011, 10:24 PM
I have lots of zombie dreams. Usually the involve barricading my house and fighting off the zombie hoard. I've also had them take place elsewhere though.

Martyr
09-17-2011, 05:12 AM
I usually dream about running through mazes. They tend to be dark, eerie structures, old gothic palaces, odd ancient archaeological ruins (usually of designs that are surprisingly NOT reminiscent of stuff I watch on tv and such). Frequently, I also run through the woods or my home or the place I work.
Usually, I am being hunted by darkness. Animated, deadly shadows who wield shimmering blades of death and lurk around corners to try and destroy me. If it isn't the shadows, it is usually some otherwise dark figure(s).
When I encounter people from my life, I tend to get nervous and lose control of my dreams. I also have a tendency to lose my pants, so half my fear is of the darkness chasing and half is of the humiliation of having no pants, although nobody ever seems to notice the missing pants or the stalkers (unless they kill other people in my dreams).
Sometimes I find new pants, but I always lose them again.
When I have dreams, they are amazing. I forget all the real part of my life, and I learn entire histories of my life in the dream. I am in complete control of myself, and of whatever powers I am able to muster. I know exactly what I am doing, feeling real fear and panic and pain. Sometimes I have total omniscient knowledge, other times I am very limited in what I can do, although I never fly, like some people. I am always very much mortal, and I usually do get killed.
It's always a good sign when a girl I like enters my dreams. That almost always creates a passive, pleasant scene. It isn't always sex either, but, like, once I ducked into a meat freezer. When I was in there, there was a counter and a bright light and this beautiful woman from work- and this girl is absolutely stunning, btw. I seriously pity all of you for not having ever seen her.- she is wearing a white apron and butchering the meat off some dead animal. I was afraid to speak with her, but my enemies did not enter while she was there. I was able to creep around and enter a new scene. It was cool and relaxing and she was beautiful.

But usually I get killed or somebody I care about (either irl or in the dream) gets murdered. Then I am jarred awake, mid shoryuken, or on my way to the floor, and I kiss the bed when I realize that none of it was real. It is quite an experience, to have all my real memories flood into my mind and all my fake ones disintegrate. Memories of adventure and life and, dare I say it, love. Vanished.

My dreams are insane.

Laddy
09-17-2011, 05:55 AM
My dreams are weird. You've never had a dream until you help thwart a German assassination plot as a black woman by fencing while also watching Nigel Thornberry Ace Attorney help defend the man you love (who you just happened to discover to be a dragon).

Shiny
09-17-2011, 07:18 AM
Weird shit. I usually dream about people I know showing up randomly in random places and doing random things.

Loony BoB
09-17-2011, 07:27 AM
I feel that I don't dream as often as I used to. I'm not sure why, or if this is even true, but yeah. It's a shame, I miss having crazy dreams. :(

When I do dream, it mostly involves me and a few friends on some kind of mission or purpose. We are out to do something, basically. It's been a while since I wrote down anything do with my dreams, but I'm pretty sure I wrote something on Zeldy's wall a month or so ago that sums it up well enough... *checks*

...okay, that took forever to find, it was further back than I thought. Anyway.

I just had a dream and you featured! It was weird. Danielle and I were on some kind of treasure hunt or something that, for whatever reason, involved hunting down a whale. Not Moby Dick, just some narwhal. And two other people were trying to get it as well, so I captured them and tied them up to chairs in different rooms at your place and convinced them to be my lackeys or something. Then we ...all spent the night at your place. We were all hanging out on the couch - Danielle, you, me and for some reason your mate who is in a lot of your photos. Hannah? I think. How bad is that? I dreamed about someone I don't even know because I've seen too many pics of you drunk with your mates. xDDD

Araciel
09-17-2011, 08:59 PM
I never remember my dreams. Good sleep uninterrupted and just the right amount I suppose.

Miss_Lulu
09-18-2011, 12:46 AM
I have dreams like every night. And most of the time they are so confusing that when I wake up, I confuse myself just thinking about them. So I try not to.

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2011, 12:50 AM
Everyone dreams. o_O

Psychotic
09-18-2011, 12:59 AM
I have lots of zombie dreams. Usually the involve barricading my house and fighting off the zombie hoard. I've also had them take place elsewhere though.I used to have loads of zombie/ghost/zombie-ghost (don't ask! although I wrote about it in my LJ once and I can dig it out if anyone is interested!) dreams. I had a pretty weird ghost one lately, that was also tied up with my first bout of sleep paralysis.

The ghost was this really angry and violent man, but he actually took the form of black mist. Sort of like the monster in Lost but a bit less... focused and more mist-based. I was hanging out with some random girl in my house, and then I get the idea this asshole ghost is ripping my shoes up. I am really angry about this and charge downstairs, insulting the ghost to myself. I used "Pimping" as an insult, which is important haha. I check on my converses and my work shoes to make sure they're in tact, and then I head upstairs again.

The girl is utterly petrified, like really visibly shaken, and she says the ghost heard what I said about it being pimping and all, and was muttering to itself with rage about this, and had done something (dunno what) to her, but who it really wanted was me. Anyway we end up sitting against the door to block this thing attacking. I get the feeling that I've gone too far, that I've fucked with something that is totally out of my league and beyond my comprehension. The black mist rolls in and we get pinned to the door, paralysed, unable to move. The ghost kind of just floats about, not making the final death blow, muttering to itself about me insulting it still. I know I have to get up and just start smashing its face in (you can see an obvious flaw in this logic!) but all I can do is just about wiggle my finger. I am pretty sure this was what I was doing IRL too, as I had sleep paralysis. Then I kind of got my body moving and I woke up because of it.

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2011, 02:12 AM
That sounds pretty badass. Care to post about your zombie-ghost dream?

Agent Proto
09-18-2011, 03:35 AM
My dreams are usually pretty awesome, or weird. So, I recently had a pretty cool dream. It starts off pretty weird that my mom brought me along to join her because she left something important at another city across the U.S., so we traveled by plane to that location. While in the plane, I decided to sit with an empty seat next to my mom. Next thing that happened, these two ladies took the two seats next to me, so I was pretty happy about that. So, in the dream I decided I should talk to one of them, so I did, but the conversation became very awkward... So then we reached our destination and my mom went off to get a car, so while she left to do that, I was alone with the girl I was talking to, but she was with her friend at the time, so I ended up waiting for my mom to show up. She did, but her driving of the rental car was so erratic, she crashed and moments later, she drove off a bridge due to her weird driving...

Yeah, weird dream.

GenesisCore
09-26-2011, 10:41 AM
I always had disturbing dreams,but after i started playing FINAL FANTASY games,my dreams started to change...after 2 years playing FF i am happy that i can dream normal things and more beautiful things than monsters or falling down from a tower or something like that....the dreams i have now are more beautiful and interesting and they are like the world of FF...cause of that,i love to sleep now and dream something like that

CLOUD RULZ !:moose:

Jiro
09-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Dreaming of monsters and falling down from towers sounds not that dissimilar from Final Fantasy, VII in particular. Sector VII's destruction anybody?

inb4 the game is nearly 20 years old don't spoiler it. YEAH WELL FUCK YOU I DO WHAT I WANT :quina:

fire_of_avalon
09-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Last night I had a dream that I was texting inappropriate things to inappropriate people and woke up with my phone in my hands. Luckily I didn't see where I had texted anyone.

But if you got a gibberish text from me I am so, so sorry.

Cuchulainn
09-26-2011, 02:37 PM
i have this recarring dream where Scarlett Johansson is sitting in my face. I fucking hate waking up.

NorthernChaosGod
09-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Last night I had a dream that I was texting inappropriate things to inappropriate people and woke up with my phone in my hands. Luckily I didn't see where I had texted anyone.

So, foa, what's your number? :jokey:

Old Manus
09-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Walking down long corridors to enter a room which leads to empty space. That's right, I dream of null pointer exceptions.

Pike
09-26-2011, 03:44 PM
My dream was really messed up last night.

I can't remember it, though, so you'll all just have to take my word for it.

fire_of_avalon
09-26-2011, 04:12 PM

828 867 5309

GenesisCore
09-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Dreaming of monsters and falling down from towers sounds not that dissimilar from Final Fantasy, VII in particular. Sector VII's destruction anybody?

inb4 the game is nearly 20 years old don't spoiler it. YEAH WELL smurf YOU I DO WHAT I WANT :quina:

ahhaha yeah you're right....xD but ff helped me in some way with it...love the game :D

Peegee
09-26-2011, 07:38 PM
All I have to say is that Alice talks in her sleep but I'm sworn to secrecy (since she'll find out) what she said

Personally I dream about random stuff that vaguely refers to subconscious thoughts/memories or previous-day activities. Sometimes it's very annoying cuz I'll dream about places people and things I don't like.

Stupid brain.

NorthernChaosGod
09-26-2011, 07:42 PM

828 867 5309
That's actually a NC area code. :O

sharkythesharkdogg
09-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Go on. Try it.

NorthernChaosGod
09-26-2011, 11:34 PM
I'm scared she's trolling me.

fire_of_avalon
09-27-2011, 03:14 AM
Never know until you try. ;)

Jiro
09-27-2011, 03:17 AM
Worth a shot.

NorthernChaosGod
09-27-2011, 04:42 AM
It's a different number than on Facebook. :colbert:

Jiro
09-27-2011, 05:13 AM
Call both.

NorthernChaosGod
09-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Good idea.

Pike
09-27-2011, 06:54 AM
CALL AND POST RESULTS

DO IT

sharkythesharkdogg
09-27-2011, 07:43 PM
Maybe one is a home phone, and one is a cell? :confused:

Madame Adequate
09-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Last night I dreamed I had to sneak into a university in Alaska to stop a plot to create a Matriarchal society where all men were kept in chastity belts.

We failed and were caught, which was more fun than a non-masochist might think.

Pike
09-27-2011, 09:00 PM
In case you guys haven't figured it out, Hux pretty much always has the best dreams.

Anyways my dream last night rather ran the gamut; it started out with my car being stolen, which caused a considerable amount of buttanguish in the dream, to the point that I actually "woke up" (in the dream), was relieved that it was all a dream, looked outside, and my car was still gone.

Anyways, then it turned into me playing a new Zelda game which involved Link actually talking and this was apparently the giant crazy twist of that particular dream. Then it turned into something about an Alpha Centauri movie.

My dreams get really predictable once you know me fairly well.

fire_of_avalon
09-28-2011, 07:22 AM
Last night I dreamed of vermin. Tonight I will probably dream of drunk hipsters.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Would these drunk hipsters happen to also be your e-stalking friends? :kakapo:

fire_of_avalon
09-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I am not friendly with hipsters. I dreamed of something weird but I can't remember what.

Peegee
09-28-2011, 04:01 PM

828 867 5309

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=139065542797515&id=125310024173067

Yar
09-28-2011, 04:03 PM
Learn to 80s music for the love of God.

fire_of_avalon
09-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Stop ruining my lulz, jerks.

Pike
09-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Last night I had a dream that I was trying to sleep and couldn't.

Meta dreams always weird me out.

Bubba
09-28-2011, 05:47 PM
I used to have a recurring dream that I was trapped in a cave with an insane amount of apes that had guns which fired acid... I always managed to get away from them before a huge ape came out of nowhere and attempted to step on me... then I'd wake up...

I think I was quite a disturbed child...

NorthernChaosGod
09-28-2011, 08:54 PM

828 867 5309

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=139065542797515&id=125310024173067
PGies, I love you.

fire_of_avalon
09-28-2011, 09:48 PM
PG you ruin EVERYTHING.

Peegee
09-28-2011, 10:05 PM
you should try sleeping with me.

oh wait that came out wrong

damnit! Every single time!

NorthernChaosGod
09-28-2011, 10:27 PM
PG you ruin EVERYTHING.
I don't like you anymore.

fire_of_avalon
09-29-2011, 12:10 AM
;_________;!I.... ouch. This is distressing and sad making. What if I say i'm sorry?

NorthernChaosGod
09-29-2011, 12:25 AM
That's a start.