PDA

View Full Version : WINNING!

Freya
09-16-2011, 10:28 PM
You're sitting on your couch, watching your favorite show, eating your cheetos. Oh look one fell on your lap, go ahead, eat it off your tummy, no one is looking!

The news comes on, you pull out your lottery ticket and wait for the results.... one match.... two match... HOLY SHIT YOU COULD WIN THIS........ hopes are high, so high....... BAM YOU JUST WON THE LOTTERY! MILLIONS OF DOLLARS ARE NOW YOURS!

What do you do with the money?

Shlup
09-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Nothing. Every day.

Well, after I buy a house to do nothing in.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Pay off all my debt, get a decent car, give some money to my parents to help pay off the house, then invest the rest.

Freya
09-16-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd build a city in the trees. o.o I want a damn treehouse town.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2011, 10:42 PM
You'd end up broke.

Rantz
09-16-2011, 10:46 PM
Realistic answer is much like Julian's, but for real reals: Combine small victorian house + hovercraft + propellers for show = my own inhabitable airship! Yayyyy!

Pike
09-16-2011, 10:57 PM
Pay off debt
Get a nice little place in the middle of nowhere
Get each of my parents set up in a nice place (neither has ever owned a home)
Never work again. Probably go back to school, though.

Pumpkin
09-16-2011, 10:58 PM
I would donate most to animal charity, leaving enough in a savings account in case it's ever needed.

Freya
09-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Julian you're making this no fun. :mad2: Spoil sport. Why can't you have a super mega fun answer like ponty?

sharkythesharkdogg
09-16-2011, 11:05 PM
I'd attend lots of school.
Visiting friends and family/world travel.
Lots of volunteering and philanthropy
Collecting, racing, and maintaining cars of interest.

If the money was there, I'd do something like Barber Motorsports Park. (http://barbermotorsports.com/vintage/index.php?adnet=) What a facility. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber_Motorsports_Park)

demondude
09-16-2011, 11:08 PM
Shit. I'd go everywhere in the World I could go to and then buy myself a nice home with a swimming pool and shit afterwards. Then I'd buy myself into being a celebrity and OD later.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Julian you're making this no fun. :mad2: Spoil sport. Why can't you have a super mega fun answer like ponty?
Because I wouldn't want to end up exactly where I started in a few years' time. :colbert:

Investing the majority of the money could easily let me live quite well off interest and shit, so after I finished school I'd probably do a bit of traveling or buy some nice toys.

Freya
09-16-2011, 11:12 PM
You're not allowed to answer anymore. You're boring.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2011, 11:40 PM
You should have specified that you wanted stupid answers then. :colbert:

Caboose
09-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Bring everyone of EOFF to the pub for the greatest drunken event in history. And pants will be optional (FINALLY).

Mirage
09-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Pay off debt, buy house, buy car, find some sort of solution that let me live off interests for the rest of my life with just a part time job.

TrollHunter
09-17-2011, 02:36 AM
Id get myself a lot of really fun toys.... Like a POOL table... then invest 75% of it.
http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2008/04/17/water-laden-pool-table_59.jpg

Martyr
09-17-2011, 04:58 AM
I don't think I'd want a tree city, but I've always been infatuated by the idea of a home in the trees. Somewhere between camping, freedom and luxury.

I also have always wanted something like an underground cave home/fortress.
If I truly could do it, I would build a magnificent underground home, and then set up a ladder to the surface. At the top would be a very small, homely place, like a trailer and a mailbox, so when I entertained people, I could pretend that I did not have a secret passageway to a vast subterranean lair.
I would also fill that subterranean lair with antique arcade games.

And when it is time for me to die, I will retire down there and play Final Fantasy until I croak on a leather couch. Then what I shall know, but what I hope people will someday ask is: How long was this skeleton down here? Who was it? WHy did he choose to go this way? Why is the television still on?

Either that or I buy and operate an all you can eat KFC buffet.

NorthernChaosGod
09-17-2011, 05:06 AM
I actually have something that KC might like.

I would buy this house.
http://design-milk.com/the-safe-house-in-poland-by-kwk-promes/

Freya
09-17-2011, 06:20 AM
Ahh yes, the zombie defense house. Nice selection.

I've also thought about an underground house or town or whatever but I would miss the sky too much I think. hence the treehouse house thing.

http://cdn.dornob.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/tree-house-modern-building.jpg

Loony BoB
09-17-2011, 07:11 AM
This would largely depend on the amount of money I had won. But say, for instance, I won EuroMillions, and the winning was £100m - easily enough to do pretty much everything I want to do. In which case...

I would procure...
...Eyes on Final Fantasy.
...a lot of things for EoFF, such as a better server, better prizes, possibly pay someone like Azar to carry out journalism for us full time, even pay for a few meetups at nice places... stuff like that.
...a nice house in or near Edinburgh.
...a nice house in or near lower England.
...a nice flat near Old Trafford.
...a nice house in California.
...a nice house in or near Hastings (NZ).
...Navah House, the house in NZ in which I grew up.
...an American visa (the $1,000,000 investment option).
...a provisional driver's licence. :p
...a Holden Commodore.
...a nice place for the family of the child I sponsor.
...a large investment towards saving the Jaguar.
...naturally, I would invest in other charities but I don't know which ones.
...various SE fanboy material. :p
...all the gaming consoles I don't already have.
...two awesome desktop computers.
...two awesome laptops.
...lots of games! I'd even get Xbox Live. :p Haha.
...a trip to see EoFFers around the world.
...a trip to see a few of my mates from High School.
...a trip to see the ex's I haven't met yet due to having online relationships. This might sound weird to some, but I get along with all of them, and they were important parts of my life, so it would be nice.
...trips for EoFFers to meet me and each other at my place. I miss doing this as often as I used to. :(
...a few holidays just for the sake of seeing the world.
...a very nice engagement ring and a very nice wedding for Danielle and myself.
...more of Mum's artwork.
...some artwork from artists at EoFF such as Pete for President, black orb, Cute&Dangerous, etc. to put up on my walls at my main home. Wherever that might end up being.
...nice food. Oh, man. I would spend a decent amount on nice food.
...gym stuff. Because of the nice food. xD
...I would give away significant sums to my closest friends, such as Dan and Lev, to aid them in things they want to do in life. The same goes for all my family. For people I know who struggle to get by despite doing what they can, I'd obviously help to get them on their feet, too. I'd probably set aside about £5m for funding friends and family (both mine and Danielle's).
...Education for myself in things I want to know about. Although probably not a degree or anything. Home-tutoring would be more my thing. Hire people to help me learn to play instruments such as the piano, help with coding EoFF stuff, help me learn to cook better (I'd probably just pay my Mum for that), help me learn languages... things like this.

I would live off the interest on around £50m, which should mean many, many thousands per month.

Once I had finished with all my travel, I would likely get back to work in some form. Be that my current job, a voluntary position somewhere or a small video game store or something, I don't know. But I don't think I would like to stop work altogether, it's something I tend to enjoy. Maybe I'd just work on EoFF full time. :)

Melissaur
09-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Pay off debt. Travel some. Build a house and buy a car. Then put the rest in savings to gain interest and send Anya to Juilliard or Alvin Ailey, or Harvard or Yale, or whatever TOP school in her Major. I'd probably also buy my mom a house.

G13
09-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Oh man, I'd buy this sick pair of kicks I saw the other day.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Shoebacca/1130-1137_1?wid=300&hei=300&qlt=99&op_sharpen=1

Then I'd put the rest in the bank. Think about the interest on that! I wouldn't have to think of a list for you chumps because I'd be off doing whatever the hell I felt like whenever the hell I felt like doing it.

Araciel
09-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Coke... tons of it.

Hollycat
09-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Buy a persacomp

Martyr
09-17-2011, 11:12 PM
With the trouble I'm having with this store, I would love to have a giant chunk of cash added into my bank account just so I could build it.
If I had just millions from a lotto victory, I'd explode the second floor into a Christian concert and event venue. I'd contact the radio stations and get them on board to have peopl play at my location. Probably rooftop concerts. Then, I'd buy the building next to mine, knock it down and make it a parking lot. I'd build a building on my parking lot nd make that a massive addition to my store so I would never have to worry about ever having to confess that there's a book that ever exited that I don't have.
My decorations would be teriffic. I Would make a real rock wall to represent the gates of Damascus for my Judaica section. I would pour on some insane decorations with statues and colorful paintings of Bible stories for my children's departments. I would buy ancient artifacts and relics to make a practically a Bible museum scattered throughout my store.
And everybody would get pay raises.
And oh the events I could throw! I could get all kinds of island cuisine and throw all kinds of parties for different pastors and churches, and I could combine them with my band potential to create church concerts and then, ultimately, make my place the most fantastic Christian destination in south Florida and finally realize my dream of displaying to the youth of America that there is more to do in this city than the things that got it into Grand Theft Auto.
I'd also buy a plot in Colorado and North Carolina. And New York.
I'd get landing strips in each of them and then learn how to fly a plane. Then, I would just fly to whichever house I want to go to. In my dreams, I will spend the day in Coney Island and then fly home to Arkansas and sleep in the wilderness.
I would absolve the debts of my family members. I'd probably set my roommate up in a place of his own.
Oh, and I might rebuild another 350 S-10.
But maybe the first thing I'd do is hire a dietician and take about 8 months off to do nothing but exercise and slack off - no. First I'd do the business stuff. Then I'd worry about my already reasonable health.

Yeah. Money bro. I wantses it. Now I'm losing what? Thousands per month? If I don't win the lottery, I'll probably die instead.

Miss_Lulu
09-18-2011, 12:52 AM
I'd build a city in the trees. o.o I want a damn treehouse town.
I'd live in your treehouse town.

With that much money, I'd split the cost of a treehouse town with Kaycee, that way she wouldn't have to spend all her money on it, and then I'd pay of the $4000 student loan I have.
And buy a new wardrobe with clothes that I actually like, instead of the cheap stuff I'm having to buy now. AND LOTS AND LOTS OF WIGS.

Possibly help my brother with his medical bills I suppose.

Jiro
09-18-2011, 04:26 AM
I would procure...
...a lot of things for EoFF, such as a better server, better prizes, possibly pay someone like Azar to carry out journalism for us full time, even pay for a few meetups at nice places... stuff like that.

I got this far before I realised that you don't even like me. I'm not trying to detract from Azar because he is amazing but I mean COME ON.

Pike
09-18-2011, 04:38 PM
Buy a persacomp

For some reason at first glance I thought this said "buy a spaceship".

Then I realized... that is what I would do. Yes. I would buy a spaceship.

Laddy
09-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Pay for college, put money into a charity, and save the rest.

Madame Adequate
09-18-2011, 08:27 PM
I'd go to TJ's and buy a pizza.

Old Manus
09-18-2011, 08:52 PM
<s>Two chicks at the same time, man</s>

I'd fucking move out of the slums and never come back.

Rocket Edge
09-18-2011, 09:27 PM
Id get myself a lot of really fun toys.... Like a POOL table... then invest 75% of it.
http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2008/04/17/water-laden-pool-table_59.jpg
Ahaha that picture is fantastic.

Realistically, build a cool house, a new car, and invest the money smartly with the advice of my parents. All stepping stones in my quest to obtain absolute victory (aimed at the title :p).

Loony BoB
09-18-2011, 09:53 PM
I would procure...

I got this far before I realised that you don't even like me. I'm not trying to detract from Azar because he is amazing but I mean COME ON.
Make news entries on EoFF's frontsite consistently for at least two years (consistent = average five per month, but at least one every month) and then I'll consider you alongside Azar. *nod*

Pike
09-18-2011, 10:04 PM
BoB, your dedication to this site is inspiring, and I salute you.

Now taking bets on how long until he legally changes his middle name to "forums.eyesonff.com" :kakapo:

Loony BoB
09-18-2011, 10:11 PM
No need to put in the forums. bit, I love all areas of EoFF. :aimsun:

demondude
09-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Whenever I post I feel like I'm intruding on BoB's slightly odd relationship with the site. I feel perverse.

Loony BoB
09-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Don't worry, man. I like it when you post.

A lot.

:)

NorthernChaosGod
09-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Wait, so does that mean my postwhoring isn't frowned upon? Or is it just DD with those privileges?

rubah
09-19-2011, 12:36 AM
a million dollars would be enough to last me at least twenty years of luxurious[er] living. wow

Rebellious Eagle
09-19-2011, 01:38 AM
Buy a house, pay for college, and travel to Europe!

Iceglow
09-19-2011, 02:20 AM
If I won a massive amount on the lottery something like Euro-Millions roll over where the prize is like £120m then I guess I would probably first of all pass out with shock, that or actually piss my pants but it'd be cool because I could either pay for a hot private nurse to come take care of me or buy new pants. Perhaps I'll do both ;p Second of all I'd buy a nice apartment somewhere cool in London. As much as I hate the city, it's home so a nice docklands/central penthouse would be awesome, if I'm going to live in this city I want to have as much style as possible. Third I'd pay for my motorbike and car driving licenses and buy myself a nice motorbike in the 600cc range (no point getting anything bigger if you live in a city) and a damn nice car, thinking something along the lines of an Aston Martin or Lotus Elise, probably the latter because it's sexy as hell, small and yet awesome for a 2-seater. After I kitted out my London apartment I'd buy a nice house for my mom, A decent five bedroom house for my sister and her kids and I'd buy my brother his own place. Now I would have spent maybe 2 million if that? Well, add to that one holiday home somewhere, personally I'd love to go somewhere like the Maldives but Austrailia's gold coast or America's west coast might be a contender. I would then arrange a nice big get-together of me and my friends to party celebrating my win, anyone who changed their attitude towards me because of the money would have to go sadly. I might be richer but I'd be the same person with the same values and opinions that I have now. The rest of my fortune would be invested wisely with the help of a financial adviser generating a permanent wealth for my life and for my family beyond my death. The rest of my life would simply become a matter of doing the things I love and the things I want to do. Parachute jumps, surfing, swimming, partying, gaming I would basically be the ultimate bum.

TheGlassesGirl
09-20-2011, 12:56 AM
Go to community/art college, used the rest to travel the world as a wealthy hobo. :monster:

Shiny
09-20-2011, 02:25 AM
If we're talking millions of dollars and not just a million. If it's just a million then I'd probably pay off loans, tuition, and hardware for my computer. I'd also still share some with my dad so he can possibly retire when I complete school, and then the rest I'd just save for when I plan on getting my own place.

-Pay off loans and the rest of my college tuition
-Pay to produce a feature film directed by my friend and use some of the funds to go towards PR for it
-Pay for my thesis film
-Install a shower in the upstairs bathroom (we only have one which can be cumbersome)
-Pay off the house mortgage
-Save some funds for when I plan on moving in to my own apartment or condo after school
-Purchase a new car (but nothing too expensive)
-Donate money to Habitat for Humanity, local animal shelters, and National Wildlife Federation
-Purchase two more internal hard drives for my computer and an external RAID drive to put all my vidya stuff on
-Take my family on vacation to Fiji or some tit
-Take a personal and business trip to California (then attend San Diego Comic Con with gleeful eyes *_*)
-Give the rest of the money to my dad so he can retire in peace
-Buy/Adopt an elephant :)

Christmas
04-07-2022, 02:48 AM
11 years down the road, I wonder how many is living the dream? :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
04-07-2022, 03:20 AM
What would you do if you won the lottery, Christmas?

Christmas
04-07-2022, 05:36 AM
I will buy you.

And keep you in my basement .

Quindiana Jones
04-07-2022, 01:05 PM
:(

Freya
04-10-2022, 05:26 PM
I still don't have my treehouse town. What the heck

Quindiana Jones
04-10-2022, 05:57 PM
Did you win the lottery, though, or otherwise become a millionaire?

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-10-2022, 06:51 PM
I will buy you.

Christmas
04-11-2022, 03:21 AM
I will buy you.

You get to stay with me forever and ever! :kaoclove:

Dr. Acula
04-11-2022, 04:01 AM
Why didn't I get chosen to be Christmas' basement pet? :(

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-11-2022, 04:36 AM
Why didn't I get chosen to be Christmas' basement pet? :(

You have the pivotal role of rescuing everyone who has been kidnapped up to this point.

Don't let us down.

Dr. Acula
04-11-2022, 05:29 AM
Ugh that sounds like effort. I hate effort.