PDA

View Full Version : Buyer's remorse

blackmage_nuke
09-19-2011, 08:43 AM
I recently went to an anime convention (animania) and bought a $35 shirt with an fma symbol on it. I cant think of many situations where I might wear that shirt except for maybe other anime conventions.
I also bought a deck of cards with touhou art on it.

Have you made any regretful purchases recently?

Pike
09-19-2011, 02:13 PM
A couple of games that I don't really play, maybe.

Other than that it's been a while since I've bought anything other than food or gas...

Jiro
09-19-2011, 02:19 PM
I used to make all sorts of regrettable purchases. Then I just started stealing everything!

I just stopped buying things unless I really needed them, or the price was low.

I don't know what the shirt looks like but you can totally wear a vest or something over it and bam it has more use in your wardrobe. There's no such thing as a useless deck of cards either!

Jessweeee♪
09-19-2011, 03:31 PM
Saw some super cheap nail polish a couple of weeks ago and bought two bottles. Big surprise, I got what I paid for. The first bottle was a shade of purple that was a lot uglier once it was out of the bottle, and the second turned out to be a transparent glittery thing instead of a nice light blue. As soon as it dried I removed it, and it will not come off of the sides of my nails no matter how much remover I use. There's still a few flecks there!

Slothy
09-19-2011, 04:58 PM
I rarely make any purchases I regret. Last one was Deus Ex: Invisible War which I got on Steam for $2.50. And yes, I did regret buying it for $2.50.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-19-2011, 05:09 PM
I'll buy the occasional video game that I don't ever touch. I'm on the fence about where or not the PS3 was worth it. I really only use it for Netflix. I thought I'd play more video games, but I just get bored with them. :(

starlet
09-19-2011, 11:50 PM
I got a shot last night that I regretted, a Mango Bomb. It smelled good but it reminded me of mango flavored cough syrup. Or mango 'Tussin if you're fancy.:kakapo: It was gross....

fire_of_avalon
09-20-2011, 12:12 AM
Over this weekend I spent a lot of money on alcohol that I just peed out anyway. Meh.

NorthernChaosGod
09-20-2011, 12:46 AM
Sometimes I regret buying as much alcohol as I do sometimes, but not for very long. :monster:

Jiro
09-20-2011, 04:11 AM
I just don't buy alcohol and drink others' instead. See, no regrets!

qwertysaur
09-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Impulse buys tend to be regretted within 3 days of the purchase. :(

NorthernChaosGod
09-20-2011, 05:03 AM
I just don't buy alcohol and drink others' instead. See, no regrets!
I'm not buying you any drinks when you visit. :colbert:

rubah
09-20-2011, 08:49 PM
When you're a miser, it's easy to avoid buying shit you don't want.

I was really bad about that when I was a kid, though. "OH SHINY WANT" and then it turned out to suck.

Shlup
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
I accidentally ordered 1mm chain when I meant to order 2.5mm and didn't notice until I received the order, so I had to wait another month to get the right chain from Singapore.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
09-20-2011, 10:09 PM
If I had a shirt with a Full Metal Alchemist symbol, I'd wear it all the time and not really put much thought in to it.

I'm not sure if I understand what the problem is, OP. Do you not want people to know you like anime or something?

blackmage_nuke
09-21-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm not sure if I understand what the problem is, OP. Do you not want people to know you like anime or something?

Yes, also it makes me look fat

Shiny
09-21-2011, 07:59 AM
I recently purchased a canvas backpack and then had buyer's remorse after it started raining on said backpack.

Carl the Llama
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I spend alot of time at work and I spend alot of money on games... games which I rarely have time to play due to working so much, I currently have 8 new games to play and 0 time to play them, I will play them eventually but now...

Pike
09-21-2011, 02:50 PM
If I had a shirt with a Full Metal Alchemist symbol, I'd wear it all the time and not really put much thought in to it.

Sometimes you just wanna hide your powerlevel.

Rye
09-21-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm in the grips of buyers remorse over a pair of Dr. Martens that I bought. It was money I definitely shouldn't have used, but it was kind of a really good investment. I'll have to wait until the shoes arrive. If I try them on and love them, I'll keep them and console myself that they'll last for years. If they're only OK, I'll return them, feeling confident that Dr. Marten has a good refund policy.

Jiro
09-22-2011, 05:35 AM
Clothes (and shoes) are good in that you can give yourself a rough idea of how many times you might wear them and work out how much per use it'd have cost you. Moral of the story is, wear it a lot and suddenly it's free!

Shiny
09-22-2011, 05:53 PM
I'm in the grips of buyers remorse over a pair of Dr. Martens that I bought. It was money I definitely shouldn't have used, but it was kind of a really good investment. I'll have to wait until the shoes arrive. If I try them on and love them, I'll keep them and console myself that they'll last for years. If they're only OK, I'll return them, feeling confident that Dr. Marten has a good refund policy.
If you have any goth related or S&M thing to attend they could come in handy.

Loony BoB
09-23-2011, 10:44 AM
When yer a miser, it's easy to avoid buying tit you don't want.
:up:

Laddy
09-27-2011, 04:15 AM
I bought a Lenny Kravitz album not realizing I had to do more to it other than just look at it.