PDA

View Full Version : What did you name your children in Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-19-2011, 08:15 PM
For some reason I couldn't think of any amazing first names for them so I just decided to call them James and Miranda. After James Bond and Miranda Lawson from Mass Effect 2.

Del Murder
09-20-2011, 06:20 PM
James Bond was in ME2?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-20-2011, 06:28 PM
James Bond was in ME2?

No. But he is one of my favorite characters. I like both the literary James Bond from the first two Ian Fleming novels AND the early Sean Connery Bond.

Bolivar
09-20-2011, 08:33 PM
^ Good taste, Sean was the best. Diamonds wasn't all that great but the first five films were fantastic and have some nice continuity.

I named them Harrison and Mada, after the Hero's best friend Harry and of course his mother. Game wouldn't let me call him just Harry though, which was weird, but understandable. This part of the game was real crazy where they're just hitting you with tons of awesome events and wow moments.

Del Murder
09-20-2011, 10:02 PM
On topic, I think I called them Charles and Lizzie.

Big D
10-08-2011, 10:28 PM
On topic, I think I called them Charles and Lizzie.After Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth II? Very patriotic of you, good sir!

Edge7
10-30-2011, 05:41 PM
Erdrick and Alexia. Erdrick because that's the name Pankraz suggests if you choose the name Madason for your main character in the DS version (yes, I checked that). And I just liked the name Alexia.

Although, next time I might name Erdrick Oxndabox (you get a senzu bean if you understand this lame joke).

Bolivar
11-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Erdrick and Alexia. Erdrick because that's the name Pankraz suggests if you choose the name Madason for your main character in the DS version (yes, I checked that). And I just liked the name Alexia.

Although, next time I might name Erdrick Oxndabox (you get a senzu bean if you understand this lame joke).

WHAT please elaborate!

Edge7
11-22-2011, 03:39 AM

WHAT please elaborate!
In Dragonball Z one of the proposed names for Gohan by the Ox King was "Ox in the Box"

Bolivar
11-23-2011, 02:09 PM
Haha no, I meant the whole Pankraz thing, although I did miss the DBZ reference, too. I guess the Pankraz thing is pretty self-explanatory, too, though. Does he suggest that in the opening scene?

Wolf Kanno
12-04-2011, 06:28 AM
Loto and Sarah. Loto because I usually name the main character this or Hiro, so now you know what daddy is named. As you can tell, I have a real soft spot for the Loto Arc. Sarah is after Princess Sarah from Final Fantasy 1. It just seemed fitting to name a major girl character after someone from long time DQ rival FF.

Edge7
12-05-2011, 12:44 AM
Haha no, I meant the whole Pankraz thing, although I did miss the DBZ reference, too. I guess the Pankraz thing is pretty self-explanatory, too, though. Does he suggest that in the opening scene? Yeah, sorry about that. Erdrick is the name Pankraz suggests as YOUR name to Mada in the beginning if you name your character Madason (I started a new game to see if something like that would happen). I liked the name and gave it to the son.