PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Chronicling

Marky Tee
09-20-2011, 07:17 PM
i was thinking of buying,at some point, crystal chronicles rings of fate and echoes of time

first off are these games any good? and my main question- is there any poinmt considering i don't have a gamecube with which to ever play the original crystal chronicles or a wii to play the others? ( my sister did own a wii but i hated the thing :p )

or would a better idea be to just try n get a cheap as chips gamecube and play the original crystal chronicles first?

also my apologies if there is a dedicated bit for thi, i couldnt find it :p

Del Murder
09-21-2011, 04:38 PM
I tried Rings of Fate once but couldn't get into it.

Marky Tee
09-21-2011, 06:25 PM
actually i might just watch an LP of the ones i can't play on youtube
anyone know of a good one to watch?

Bastian
09-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I say that the Ds CC games are really quite good.

It doesn't sound like you've placed the GC one, so you won't be expecting anything, (they changed a LOT of the things that I had liked about the original first game).

But they both have great stories, fun ARPG gameplay, and all your favorite FF spells and enemies and such.

Play them, they're fun. And seriously, the stories are pretty damn good.

Don't bother with FFCC crystal bearers, though. that game is beyond awful.

Roogle
09-28-2011, 06:25 PM
The only way that I could see myself playing these games is if I had a group of people that wished to play through them with me. I think that those types of games are optimized for a multiplayer experience and will fall short if you are playing alone.

Hollycat
09-30-2011, 09:10 PM
If you plan on playing all of them, buy a wii and a gamecube controller, you can play any gamecube game on wii, and use the controller for most games

Bastian
10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
@Roogle Well, actually, Ring of Fates is a fantastic soloplay experience and the co-op version sucks because they extracted all of the story and cut scenes. :/ But the others (the original FFCC and Echoes of Time) are much better as multiplayers, for sure.