PDA

View Full Version : Are Detergentagonists and Love Interests the same thing?

MJN SEIFER
09-21-2011, 11:07 PM
In a story The Main Character is the protagonist, the bad guy, or at least someone who directly opposes the protagonist is the antagonist. I heard somewhere that the Detergentagonist is the second most important character - does that only account for the Love Interests, or not?

Jiro
09-22-2011, 04:28 PM
That seems like an incredibly unnecessary name for something that is probably far simpler. In all honesty though, I have never heard the term. And I've spent a lot of times in that general area on tvtropes :p

Jessweeee♪
09-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Detergentagonists are great for cleaning things.

qwertysaur
09-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Not necessarily. The deuteragonist is simply the second most important character. For example, Mario is the protagonist, Luigi is the deuteragonist. :p

Pike
09-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Detergentagonists are great for cleaning things.

Yeah I can't see this thread without thinking of laundry.

Madame Adequate
09-22-2011, 11:09 PM
So is Anne Frank a Jewteragonist?

Jiro
09-26-2011, 12:58 PM
So I actually came across this word today. The Detergentagonist (did I spell that right?) is just the second most important character, and can be the antagonist. So Bowser is probably the Detergentagonist to Mario's maincharactergentagonist.

Pike
09-26-2011, 03:32 PM
So I actually came across this word today. The Detergentagonist (did I spell that right?) is just the second most important character, and can be the antagonist. So Bowser is probably the Detergentagonist to Mario's maincharactergentagonist.

Don't let Luigi hear you say that! :(

Jiro
09-28-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm sure he takes it all in his stride, he's a pretty cool guy and doesnt afraid of anything - except ghosts.