PDA

View Full Version : I did it!!!!! I got the Platinum trophy!!!!!!

CactuarKing
09-21-2011, 11:19 PM
Finally, after countless hours of gringind turtles and long gui/shaolong gui - I have finally got the platinum trophy. This is only the second game i have done it on, with the first being infamous 2!! This one feels far sweeter though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessweeee♪
09-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Congrats!

Jiro
09-22-2011, 06:06 AM
I'm glad you think it was worth it, because I'm starting my attempt at maxing it. Slow and steady I say, slow and steady.

CactuarKing
09-22-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm glad you think it was worth it, because I'm starting my attempt at maxing it. Slow and steady I say, slow and steady.

Be prepared for VERY slow and steady!!!! 100 hours of gameplay at least!!:redface:

Loony BoB
09-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Congratulations! I did this as well, it was my first Platinum trophy. :) I have a few now (Uncharted/inFamous), although the Uncharted one isn't a 100% thing due to expansions. But I still got the Plat for it. :D

I agree about it being a real chore to get the final stuff sorted out. It takes ages! I had some really bad luck with the gui, too. For some reason they would only drop the things I didn't want them to... but I got there in the end. :D

Someday, they'll remake games like FFVII and FFVIII and they will come with platinum trophies and I will probably feel obliged to finally go and do all those things I never did in those games (eg. Emerald Weapon, collecting all Triple Triad cards, etc).

Del Murder
09-22-2011, 06:55 PM
What are some of the more difficult challenges for platinum in this game?

Jessweeee♪
09-22-2011, 07:04 PM
Off the top of my head, the most difficult challenge is defeating the giant Gui thing. You also get an achievement/trophy for clearing all missions of each rank, so a couple of those are pretty hard to get. Then there are the easy but extremely tedious challenges like having every single weapon and accessory xD

CactuarKing
09-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Off the top of my head, the most difficult challenge is defeating the giant Gui thing. You also get an achievement/trophy for clearing all missions of each rank, so a couple of those are pretty hard to get. Then there are the easy but extremely tedious challenges like having every single weapon and accessory xD

I would say the hardest is a toss up between defeating the long gui and 5-starring all the cieth stone missions! Vercingatorix provides quite the challenge.
:cactuar:

Loony BoB
09-23-2011, 09:49 AM
I'd say the hardest is getting all weapons/accessories. Purely because of the immense grind involved and how numb it makes your brain. :p

But beyond that, I'd probably say five-starring all missions. The Long Gui is basically just as hard as any of the missions, so having to five-star something like a hundred (I genuinely forget how many there were) different enemies is always going to be harder compared to having to just kill one of them. Some of the enemies can be quite challenging, but with the right tactics, you can get them all sorted out in the end.

DMKA
09-24-2011, 01:19 PM
I was determined to do this but once I realized defeating a Long Gui was one of the requirements I gave up.

Carl the Llama
09-25-2011, 11:22 PM
I was determined to do this but once I realized defeating a Long Gui was one of the requirements I gave up.

Long Gui is relatively easy to beat, just save you.r game before hand, keep 2 elixers on hand (I think there are only 3 available on hand you get them by fully upgrading the Doctors Code (of which there are 2 in the game) then dismantling it you will get 1 elixer from that) then go in and summon immediately, that will take out his legs then debuff with Vanille and the Malboro Wand (improved debuffing II) have you.r other 2 team members use Rav Rav (preferably Light and Hope) once you have debuffed him (only possible once you have taken his legs out) its a very quick stagger switch to Relentless Assault and get ready for him standing up, at which point you use the Elixer (it will fully restore you.r TP enabling you to summon once again) rinse and repeat. I had him down within 6 minutes using this tactic, also helpful is that once you have the achievement you can reload you.r save and still have you.r Elixers for the Vercingetorix fight.

Congrats on getting the platinum, you have inspired me to finish getting the trophies for this game (only need the item collector achievement and 5 staring Vercingetorix).

OOC: I dislike the you.r filter, its annoying.

Jiro
09-26-2011, 06:30 AM
I found a handy guide for the missions (there are 64 of them) and I think I've only got 8 or so left. After that I'm going to have to start grinding for CP and gil, but relying on Death is bollocks so I need to find a quicker alternative. Then once I have some pocket change it's on to upgrading items and weapons, rinsing and repeating until it's all done.

I think, apart from the above, I've got the rest of the achievements so far, so it's close. I'm 72ish hours invested already, may as well see it through to the end.

(Oh yeah, have to 5-star the last fight too, forgot that :shobon:)

Hollycat
09-26-2011, 05:15 PM
I wish there were trophies for xii. I would have them all. Im up to 70 % on 1 game, then again, I've only had a ps3 for 2 months. my name is BANDICOOTKING add me

Carl the Llama
09-26-2011, 09:25 PM
I wish there were trophies for xii. I would have them all. Im up to 70 % on 1 game, then again, I've only had a ps3 for 2 months. my name is BANDICOOTKING add me

There are trophies in XII, look in the Sky Pirates Den.

Hollycat
09-26-2011, 09:29 PM
i know but not trophy trophies

Jiro
09-27-2011, 03:42 AM
It's all about da points. I really have a problem.

Skyblade
09-27-2011, 06:03 PM
I abandoned the quest for Platinum due to the whole "collect every item" thing.

I made it all the way to the end, five starred every mission (and the last boss), and did pretty much everything in the game with base level weapons/accessories. I didn't level anything, and, really, I didn't need to.

Until you face the Gui or LongGui, who have so much health/damage that beating them without upgraded gear is nearly impossible. It just struck me as such a cheap shot that it killed all interest in the game. I'm not going to tack another hundred hours of nothing but grind to this game. It's not worth it. The upgrade system in this game is abysmal. It's poorly designed, atrociously implemented, and almost completely unnecessary. Heck, the game itself punishes you for using the upgrade system.

I just really, really don't see why it is worth it, and coming from someone as obsessively completionist as me, that is saying a lot.

CactuarKing
09-27-2011, 08:36 PM

Long Gui is relatively easy to beat, just save you.r game before hand, keep 2 elixers on hand (I think there are only 3 available on hand you get them by fully upgrading the Doctors Code (of which there are 2 in the game) then dismantling it you will get 1 elixer from that) then go in and summon immediately, that will take out his legs then debuff with Vanille and the Malboro Wand (improved debuffing II) have you.r other 2 team members use Rav Rav (preferably Light and Hope) once you have debuffed him (only possible once you have taken his legs out) its a very quick stagger switch to Relentless Assault and get ready for him standing up, at which point you use the Elixer (it will fully restore you.r TP enabling you to summon once again) rinse and repeat. I had him down within 6 minutes using this tactic, also helpful is that once you have the achievement you can reload you.r save and still have you.r Elixers for the Vercingetorix fight.

Congrats on getting the platinum, you have inspired me to finish getting the trophies for this game (only need the item collector achievement and 5 staring Vercingetorix).

OOC: I dislike the you.r filter, its annoying.

What filter? I am confused? :(
:cactuar: :cactuar:

Carl the Llama
09-28-2011, 12:00 AM
What filter? I am confused? :(
:cactuar: :cactuar:

For a few days they filtered the word your to say yer.

I also have given up in a rage at getting 1000 achievement points, that damned treasure hunter achievement is ridiculous, I am certain I have had every single item the game has to offer but that damned little robot refuses to give it to me, I have upgraded every single weapon and accessory and it still eludes me :/

Roogle
09-30-2011, 05:39 PM
What are the requirements for a Platinum Trophy? I don't collect achievements or trophies in games on Playstation 3.

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2011, 05:45 PM
I think you just have to get all of the other trophies, and then it's like, hey you did it!

Hollycat
09-30-2011, 05:51 PM
I think you just have to get all of the other trophies, and then it's like, hey you did it!

Got it in one

Jiro
10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm working on the Treasure Hunter achievement now, hoping to get all my upgraded equipment before I tackle Mission 64 and also the Long Gui. Farming for gil is very fucking tedious. However it'll only be another handful of hours (I'm doing it in a consistent but less efficient manner) and then I'll have everything ticked off. I've been watching anime while repeating the A Potent Sting mission (23 or 24 or something) :p

CactuarKing
10-04-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm working on the Treasure Hunter achievement now, hoping to get all my upgraded equipment before I tackle Mission 64 and also the Long Gui. Farming for gil is very smurfing tedious. However it'll only be another handful of hours (I'm doing it in a consistent but less efficient manner) and then I'll have everything ticked off. I've been watching anime while repeating the A Potent Sting mission (23 or 24 or something) :p

Good luck. Hope you get it soon. :cactuar::cactuar:

Jiro
10-09-2011, 02:36 PM
My harddrive disappeared for a while, and I couldn't bring myself to grind without watching something, so I've had to postpone it until now :p