PDA

View Full Version : Upset with Facebook?

Rantz
09-23-2011, 07:29 AM
How is the recent and coming Facebook update affecting yo</>ur life?

Upset stomach? Anger rising?

Try our new CHILLAMAX® pill.

CHILLAMAX®

Rostum
09-23-2011, 07:34 AM
For some strange reason I don't get the new things they added, yet all my friends are bitching about it. I saw it on my girlfriend's account and to be honest, I don't see why people get so upset to the point where they type long all-caps posts on Facebook. :\

I guess it might be annoying that they keep changing things, but then again... it's Facebook. Who cares what happens on Facebook?

Levian
09-23-2011, 07:39 AM
This time I think all the changes were for the better.

Besides, it's a free service that I don't have to use if I don't want to. being angry is silly.

leader of mortals
09-23-2011, 08:44 AM
The only thing that kind of annoyed me was I couldn't just see my recent stories, but it seems they fixed that, or it was always like that and I'm just kinda dumb.

G13
09-23-2011, 08:51 AM
The Stalkerbox is a little weird, but other than that I dig it. :up:

Skyblade
09-23-2011, 09:03 AM
They removed the ability to sort incoming posts by chronological order, which I thought was pretty much the most useful button they had.

Now everything is auto-sorted, as well as auto-prioritized by Facebook, and I can't say that I like it much.

Not that I bother going on frequently enough to really get worked up about it. But I do wonder what prompted them to ditch a system everyone seemed to like for one that ninety five percent of their users seem to hate.

Old Manus
09-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey guys remember Google+ that was great for five minutes wasn't it

Shlup
09-23-2011, 10:09 AM
As soon as Facebook changed, the complaints started pouring in. It's fucking ridiculous. I'm generally semi-lenient about what people post (no I'm not) but this is fucking annoying.

And I still like g+ and find it to be quite active. All of the people making jokes about how g+ is dead clearly have no friends.

Loony BoB
09-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Alternatively, all their friends never migrated to G+ (or they did and then gave up and moved back). *shrug* But it would be silly to assume a social networking site is dead because of your own personal social networking experience on said site.

I must concede that I rather enjoyed the "Hey guys, we heard you like Facebook so we put Facebook in the upper right of your Facebook so you can Facebook while you Facebook" thing someone put up. Not the image, but the general statement. Beyond that, I agree that the change is annoying but the plethora of people stating it's annoying is also annoying. Still, this is the only realistic way to file a complaint to Facebook these days. Rant about it on Facebook. :p Weird but probably true. Will the complaints cause change? I have no idea. Probably not. Oh well. I just wish I could have it in chronological order again. =|

Jessweeee♪
09-23-2011, 02:20 PM
The only thing more annoying than the change (which I am okay with since it's now displaying things in chronological order again) is people bitching about people bitching about the change. By doing so they are adding to their problem :|

Pike
09-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I don't think I have the change yet, at least I didn't last time I checked. I posted about it the other day-- "AM I BLIND?"-- and I got some comments saying it was a rollout so I guess I'll get it eventually.

So I have no idea what it looks like xD

And I still use G+ :o I use it more than Facebook, actually. Really the only reason I use Facebook anymore is to keep up with my mom and sisters now that I've moved away and am in a different state.

Jessweeee♪
09-23-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah, facebook does all of their updates like that. Usually I'm among the last to get them, but I got it early!

NorthernChaosGod
09-23-2011, 05:09 PM
I don't like it. I don't like the mini Facebook on the upper right. I miss my old news feed.

Peegee
09-23-2011, 05:15 PM
I dislike G+ - was around since beta and didn't care for it. For the reason that it's basically facebook (now), but uglier

fb needs to do one more thing - those stupid updates with the pictures and with the 'see most recent updates' don't really affect me (protip - toggle language)

What I want to do is to hide a friend's post from other friends. If Julian comes in and blurts out 'HEY GAISE PG GOT LAID' I don't need my work friends reading that crap.

(I would hide his post from everybody except himself and myself)

But that option isn't available. So my only option is to delete that crap. Eff that.

http://i53.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/2vnml9s.jpg

Pumpkin
09-23-2011, 08:35 PM
I quit facebook a year ago, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

The preceeding was my contribution to the conversation. Enjoy. :monster:

NorthernChaosGod
09-23-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm going to start tagging PG in all sorts of vulgar posts.

rubah
09-23-2011, 09:16 PM
man, guys, I used to be like you, bitching about people bitching about facebook. But this change really ticked me off, so I posted a status update. So fuck your judgmentalness! I feel like I know enough to be allowed to complain about shitty design practices :cool:

(I forget that g+ exists sometimes. I posted this on g+ a few days ago and none of you read it because none of you remembered it existed either)

Araciel
09-24-2011, 01:10 AM
Upset with Facebook?

Nope.

Cuchulainn
09-24-2011, 02:35 AM

Bastian
09-24-2011, 02:50 AM
I've never complained about any of facebook's stupid changes... until now.

When they first implemented their "top stories" default, it annoyed me, but at least there was a button which let me put them back into chronological order.

THis new change eliminates that (as far as I can tell) so now I have to let Facebook tell ME which posts and updates are better than others? that's fracked up. I hate it.

Old Manus
09-24-2011, 03:15 PM
What I want to do is to hide a friend's post from other friends. If Julian comes in and blurts out 'HEY GAISE PG GOT LAID' I don't need my work friends reading that crap.Can't...take...the hypocrisy...

blackmage_nuke
09-25-2011, 02:45 AM
I usually dont care about facebook changes but getting rid of the sort posts by most recent button is horrible, since now it becomes random chance if a post gets read or not.

Mercen-X
09-26-2011, 12:27 AM
"Who the hell do they think they are? Just because I don't go on Facebook much because none of my family or friends really ever responds to my posts and comments and I've really nothing interesting to say because I've no social life and no job or wenchfriend at the moment... that doesn't mean they can just screw with the system, taking out the stuff that worked to add a bunch of sjite I don't give a damn about!"

My biggest complaint about Facebook now is that rather than being able to prioritize which Fb updates get sent to my eMail, I have to set all of my Facebook updates to Spam just so I don't have to deal with the excessive volume of meaningless updates sent to my inbox that have absolutely NOTHING to do with me! Facebook is pretty useless but now I'm stuck with it because it's the only place where I can stay in contact with the friends I got, the kids I met in college, and my cousins.

:eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep: :eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep::eep:

Jiro
09-26-2011, 04:59 AM
I don't care for the change much but that's because I'm a Neanderthal and I don't adjust to changes very well.

Faris
09-26-2011, 11:34 PM
I wouldn't have a facebook account if I didn't need it to stalk people :shifty:

Jessweeee♪
09-29-2011, 02:48 PM
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!~~This year October has 5 Mondays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This Happens once every 823years. This is called money bags. So copy this to your status and money will arrive within 4days. Based on Chinese Feng Shui. The one who does not copy, will be without money. Copy within 11 mins of reading. Can't hurt so I did it :)

This is my favorite chain thing going around on facebook, because I know it didn't say anything about "money bags" or Feng Shui when it started. It's like somebody changed an already untrue thing to be even funnier, but nobody got the joke and it just kept on goin' round.

Pike
09-29-2011, 03:07 PM
I still don't have the "new" Facebook.

NorthernChaosGod
09-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I still don't have the "new" Facebook.
TRADE WITH ME.

rubah
09-29-2011, 06:41 PM
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!~~This year October has 5 Mondays, 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. This Happens once every 823years. This is called money bags. So copy this to your status and money will arrive within 4days. Based on Chinese Feng Shui. The one who does not copy, will be without money. Copy within 11 mins of reading. Can't hurt so I did it :)

This is my favorite chain thing going around on facebook, because I know it didn't say anything about "money bags" or Feng Shui when it started. It's like somebody changed an already untrue thing to be even funnier, but nobody got the joke and it just kept on goin' round.

when I saw it, it said "money bags" but it also said "July"

Jessweeee♪
09-29-2011, 06:47 PM

It also said Fridays instead of Mondays :p

Pike
09-29-2011, 07:03 PM
Related: My dad now thinks that Facebook is going to start charging people.

Also related: I had someone describe "New Facebook" to me and it sounds just like what I have so apparently I've had New Facebook this whole time and just haven't noticed. Yes, I am really that retarded, I guess.

Melissaur
09-29-2011, 07:11 PM

It also said Fridays instead of Mondays :p

Like the telephone game.

I have the new change and it happened in a blink. It was the one way I reloaded and blinked and it was different. Seriously no more than 2 minutes. I also dislike the "stalkerbox" as Eric put it. and Yeah I was most mad about not having it in chronological order. But all I posted was "Did facebook just change before my eyes" or something of the like. I don't find it worth getting upset over because I know it's just going to change again xD