PDA

View Full Version : i fell asleep while driving

Peegee
09-27-2011, 12:05 AM
so when i was driving ...um agrias home i told her 'i'm going to take a nap. wake me up when we get home.'. she acted incredulous (it was an act i swear) so i told her i did that once. she then asked me if i crashed

so i got to say that i died . n______n rocko's modern life

anyway it got me thinking of near death. have you ever died? almost died?

i almost died once. i had a pc turned on and wanted to switch out the c drive. so i unplugged it. while the pc was running. electricity everywhere. thank god i wasn't the path through least resistance hurrrrr.
ere. thank god i wasn't the path through least resistance hurrrrr.

Peegee
09-27-2011, 12:33 AM
ok a hundred edits later i give up. this is now post the edit history and mock pg thread.

NorthernChaosGod
09-27-2011, 01:24 AM
You're fat.

Jentleness
09-27-2011, 03:27 AM
Are you drunk? :hello:

Jiro
09-27-2011, 03:28 AM
I almost died a couple times. Most of them are because I'm irresponsible and accident prone. That's not always the reason though.

I do like how I got pretty damn electrocuted by an electric fence because I was trying to be a gentleman. Balls to that.

Laddy
09-27-2011, 04:14 AM
Every time you speak you subtract from the pool of human knowledge.

NorthernChaosGod
09-27-2011, 04:40 AM
I almost died a couple times. Most of them are because I'm irresponsible and accident prone. That's not always the reason though.

I do like how I got pretty damn electrocuted by an electric fence because I was trying to be a gentleman. Balls to that.
I would have figured that most of them are because you live in the worst possible place imaginable.

Jiro
09-27-2011, 05:12 AM
It's easy enough to avoid dying if you don't try and pull a Steve Irwin on everything you see.

NorthernChaosGod
09-27-2011, 05:43 AM
So does that mean you're pretty handy with a boomerang?

sharkythesharkdogg
09-27-2011, 12:16 PM
It's easy enough to avoid dying if you don't try and pull a Steve Irwin on everything you see.

Then what's the point of even being there? Go herd some funnel web spiders. :colbert:

Laddy
09-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Isn't that why Australians are made?

Peegee
09-27-2011, 01:26 PM
i wanna fight a crocodile eh mate gnarly blimey bogans

Jessweeee♪
09-27-2011, 03:43 PM
I kind of suck at driving. For a while I just sucked at parking, but in the last week alone I've had two near accidents a day because of bad merging.

Araciel
09-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Obesity couldn't kill me.

Yet.

NorthernChaosGod
09-27-2011, 04:30 PM
I kind of suck at driving. For a while I just sucked at parking, but in the last week alone I've had two near accidents a day because of bad merging.
Drive something bigger. That way no one will ever get close to you.

Pike
09-27-2011, 04:32 PM

OH MAN

I am SO OCD that if I get out of my car and I'm parked crooked, I'll get back in my car and re-park it

PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

Peegee
09-27-2011, 05:04 PM
I do that too but not because I'm OCD but because it's good manners.

Shlup
09-27-2011, 07:32 PM
If you ask BJ, I'm pretty sure he'd say I've almost been hit by a car a few dozen times and the only reason I'm alive is because he saved me.

It's not true though.

Peegee
09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
If you ask BJ, I'm pretty sure he'd say I've almost been hit by a car a few dozen times and the only reason I'm alive is because he saved me.

It's not true though.

Right. he just made that up

NorthernChaosGod
09-27-2011, 09:00 PM

It's not true though.
Woman drivers.

Pike
09-27-2011, 09:08 PM

Not gonna lie, I used to be guilty of this. But then I started driving on the freeway everyday to go to work so I promptly cured myself of this disease

Pumpkin
09-27-2011, 09:17 PM
I hate driving. I hate it. That may be because when I drive I get criticised for every little thing.
Oh your wheels aren't straight. Who cares! You know how many parked cars I see right here that didn't make sure there wheels were straight? Like, all of them!
Don't hold the wheel to tight.
Don't think to much.
Don't brake so fast.
Don't brake to slow.
Don't turn your signal on to soon.
Don't turn your signal on to late.

I honestly got scolded for going 88 in 90 zone. But I guess that's the instructors job or whatever.
When I went with a friend he made me go in reverse the whole time. FOR 2 HOURS.

I hate driving.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-28-2011, 12:25 AM
You'll like driving a lot more when you're not so new at it, and you don't have an instructor breathing down you neck.

A classroom environment sucks the fun out of everything.

Pike, I learned to park straight because if I don't it hurts my man-pride. You're not alone.

NorthernChaosGod
09-28-2011, 12:35 AM
A classroom environment sucks the fun out of everything.
I love my music theory class. I think it makes music more fun.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-28-2011, 12:38 AM
Fine.

A stuffy, overly authoritative classroom environment sucks the fun out of everything.
I love my music theory class. I think it makes music more fun.

Picky, picky.

NorthernChaosGod
09-28-2011, 12:39 AM
:p You didn't have to fix it, I'm just a music nerd. :D

blackmage_nuke
09-28-2011, 12:39 AM
I hate driving. I hate it. That may be because when I drive I get criticised for every little thing.
Oh your wheels aren't straight. Who cares! You know how many parked cars I see right here that didn't make sure there wheels were straight? Like, all of them!

THe wheels should be straight so that on the chance someone rams into the back of your car it doesnt veer into traffic

Pumpkin
09-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Yes I got that, thank you. It only cost me 700$ for driving school so a teacher to tell me what you just did.

But I save on insurance and can go for my G2s 4 months sooner.

NorthernChaosGod
09-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Wtf is a G2?

Pumpkin
09-28-2011, 01:12 AM
I guess it doesn't work the same there.

First you go do a written test. If you pass, you get a G1 License. With a G1 License I am alowed to drive on roads that have a maximum limit of 80km/h UNLESS with a licensed instructor. I have to have a blood alcohol level of 0 and cannot drive between 12am and 5am and can ONLY drive with someone who has had a class G license for 4 years or more.

After 1 year with a G1 (or 8 months if you went to driving school) you can take a G2 road test. If you pass, you can get a G2 license and drive anywhere without having to have another driver, but you can still only have a bllod alcohol level of 0.

After (I think) 2 years with a G2 license, you can go take another road test, which alows you to drive anywhere and have a blood alcohol level of .5

NorthernChaosGod
09-28-2011, 02:00 AM
I think you mean .05, but I get you. :p

That's weird, we only have provisional licenses for 16 and 17-year-olds; as soon as you turn 18 there are no restrictions on your license.

Jessweeee♪
09-28-2011, 03:53 AM
Another thing about keeping your wheels straight is that it is apparently super bad for your car if you park it that way.

OH MAN

I am SO OCD that if I get out of my car and I'm parked crooked, I'll get back in my car and re-park it

PLEASE TELL ME I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE

I do that too but not because I'm OCD but because it's good manners.

Whenever I try to fix my bad parking, I always end up making it worse! So I only bother fixing it if I think it's so bad I'm going to get towed or keyed. And oh god I hate backing into parking spaces. Especially angle spots. Once I backed into an angle spot and got out of my car to discover that I had parked opposite of the angle of the parking space. A perfect X!

Sometimes for work, I have to drop off some paperwork at an immigration law office. They have the WORST parking lot. It's behind their bulding, and the space between one parked car and the building is about the same width as your car, less if you have a nice wide pick-up truck. So if it gets crowded everybody has to come out and move their cars around like an awful awful sliding puzzle. So far I have been lucky. The worst that has happened to me is getting stuck in a certain space while every other spot was full plus a car directly behind me parked illegally. I just had to wait for the car behind me to leave, and then I could back out into the super busy street that is busy always at all times of the day. If it were any other space it would have been puzzle time S:

NorthernChaosGod
09-28-2011, 06:13 AM
Another thing about keeping your wheels straight is that it is apparently super bad for your car if you park it that way.
Wait, what? It better not be bad for your car, I park on a hill most of the time. :mad2:

sharkythesharkdogg
09-28-2011, 03:17 PM
It's not bad. Parking with the wheels straight stresses nothing on the car.

It's common procedure to angle your wheels away from the curb on a hill so that if the brake gives out the tire will catch on the curb. The only thing that stresses is the ignition lock cylinder. The key tumbler inside has issues aligning correctly sometimes. That's why it ca be hard to get your key to turn when you park with your wheel turned hard one way or the other.

fire_of_avalon
09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
I have always wondered why that happens.

You're like some kind of brilliant doctor.

Peegee
09-28-2011, 03:59 PM
Jess where do you live? I'm going to come down and teach you to drive!

Agent Proto
09-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Going by the thread's title, I drove while I while pretty drowsy yesterday while on my way home. First, I'd like to say that I didn't fall asleep during any point of my drive, but I did manage to come close doing so a few times. Even at one point during my drive, I almost swerved my car to a car besides mine, and that was the moment that got me to stay more focused. Eeyup.

fire_of_avalon
09-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Last night I was driving home at 2 a.m after being up since 6 a.m. the previous day. And I was sleepy when I was outside of the car, and sleepy after I got home, but I was completely not sleepy while I was in the car. Because that's dangerous so you have to be alert!. Also because I'm a badass.

Bubba
09-28-2011, 05:33 PM
I fell asleep whilst playing Super Mario Kart one time. Though that might have been due to me spending an hour trying to win the first 50cc race with my eyes shut the whole way...

How much spare time did you have when you were a kid? I barely have time to fart these days...

Pike
09-28-2011, 05:39 PM
I hate driving while sleepy; it's the worst feeling. I'd avoid it at all costs but sometimes I have to work or something and I can't exactly get out of it.

I read somewhere that driving when you're tired impairs you just as much as driving while you're drunk does.

Agent Proto
09-28-2011, 06:33 PM
That's true Pike. <a href="http://www.motherproof.com/news-rants/story/MythBusters-Finds-Drowsy-Driving-is-More-Dangerous-Than-Driving-Tipsy">Mythbusters found out that driving drowsy is more dangerous than driving tipsy.</a>

Peegee
09-28-2011, 07:48 PM
That's true Pike. <a href="http://www.motherproof.com/news-rants/story/MythBusters-Finds-Drowsy-Driving-is-More-Dangerous-Than-Driving-Tipsy">Mythbusters found out that driving drowsy is more dangerous than driving tipsy.</a>

I'd make a topic about driving drunk but I'd be talking to myself. I think most of eoff are saner than my very bad example stories.

NorthernChaosGod
09-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Going by the thread's title, I drove while I while pretty drowsy yesterday while on my way home. First, I'd like to say that I didn't fall asleep during any point of my drive, but I did manage to come close doing so a few times. Even at one point during my drive, I almost swerved my car to a car besides mine, and that was the moment that got me to stay more focused. Eeyup.
Oh, man. The last time I drove home super tired I ended up like a third of the way in the lane next to me when I was half a mile from home. I think my body sensed the proximity of my bed and just gave up. Luckily it was 5 AM and there weren't any people driving around.

Jiro
09-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I drive tired all the time because at least it's not illegal like being drunk :monster: When I crash and die, I will have a letter that says "smurf you government" or something.

NorthernChaosGod
09-28-2011, 10:26 PM
I drive tired all the time because at least it's not illegal like being drunk :monster: When I crash and die, I will have a letter that says "smurf you government" or something.
Here you can be charged with reckless driving if you're tired enough to cause poor driving.

sharkythesharkdogg
09-28-2011, 10:47 PM

That's the same as voluntarily driving drunk. When you crash and die it's your choice, but if you take about a bus full of orphans it will be tragic. Hilarious, but tragic. :colbert:

I demand better of you, orphan killer.

Jiro
10-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Oh no I am quite careful to only kill myself.

Agrias
10-05-2011, 04:09 AM
LOL WUT when did this happen i dont even....

Was i drunk? =_=

Brunettepudding
10-05-2011, 07:22 AM
I've nearly died 5 times. All while swimming. All while I was under 5.

But it's cool. There was someone around who saved me. :p

NorthernChaosGod
10-05-2011, 03:21 PM
You're not a very strong swimmer, huh?

Peegee
10-05-2011, 03:38 PM

Was i drunk? =_=

no it was in the morning when I drove you home. So no excuses.

Mogi
10-05-2011, 04:40 PM
My old band played a show at a Harry Potter convention in Orlando. At the time, we all lived about two hours away from Orlando. On the way home, at 5:00 in the morning, after being awake for more than 24 hours, we were all falling asleep, so we turned on the rawk channel and sang really loudly to Linkin Park and 3 Doors Down and shit, after which we promptly got lost and ended up even further away from home than we had been before. We, being that we all drove at one point or another, all fell asleep at the wheel at some time in the night. Luckily, no one died.

NorthernChaosGod
10-05-2011, 09:56 PM
My old band played a show at a Harry Potter convention in Orlando. At the time, we all lived about two hours away from Orlando. On the way home, at 5:00 in the morning, after being awake for more than 24 hours, we were all falling asleep, so we turned on the rawk channel and sang really loudly to Linkin Park and 3 Doors Down and shit, after which we promptly got lost and ended up even further away from home than we had been before. We, being that we all drove at one point or another, all fell asleep at the wheel at some time in the night. Luckily, no one died.
That's pretty metal.

Agrias
10-05-2011, 10:42 PM

Was i drunk? =_=

OH YEA! I did totally ask you if you died!! BAHAHAHA!

Peegee
10-06-2011, 03:53 PM

Was i drunk? =_=

OH YEA! I did totally ask you if you died!! BAHAHAHA!

See!

Mogi
10-07-2011, 05:22 PM
My old band played a show at a Harry Potter convention in Orlando. At the time, we all lived about two hours away from Orlando. On the way home, at 5:00 in the morning, after being awake for more than 24 hours, we were all falling asleep, so we turned on the rawk channel and sang really loudly to Linkin Park and 3 Doors Down and tit, after which we promptly got lost and ended up even further away from home than we had been before. We, being that we all drove at one point or another, all fell asleep at the wheel at some time in the night. Luckily, no one died.
That's pretty metal.
Straight up, G. That's how I roll, or something.