PDA

View Full Version : Locks

Yar
09-29-2011, 06:48 PM
What do you do with yer hair?

I dye mine black every month and keep it short. I would love to put in blue or pink streaks. I've also thought about growing it out really long.

But I can't. :( Professionalism etc.

Pike
09-29-2011, 06:58 PM
I wash it when I shower. I spend about half a minute combing it afterward. Every six months or so it grows past my shoulders so I have someone (I don't really care who) take a pair of scissors and chop it short again.

That's it. :tongue:

Peegee
09-29-2011, 07:38 PM
http://i55.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/35b6vc5.jpg

Shiny
09-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I wanna experiement with your hair, J. dub.

My hair right now is highlighted, but I already had natural highlights so it's basically just hair + highlights on top of highlights. It's weird, but makes my hair lighter so *shrug*

Because I'm black I do alot of things with my hair. Often these things involve deep conditioning, flat ironing, sitting under a dryer, combing furiously, and then ultimately putting a hat on.

Laddy
09-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure. I think I want it straight.

NorthernChaosGod
09-30-2011, 12:33 AM
Right now I have a mohawk, so I have to buzz the sides every weekend to keep it looking neat. Other than that I just gel it up in the morning and wash it normally.

Pumpkin
09-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Right now I have a mohawk, so I have to buzz the sides every weekend to keep it looking neat. Other than that I just gel it up in the morning and wash it normally.

I had a friend who had a mokawk. He's a crack addict now. :|

My hair will look nice for about 20 minutes after washing it and then it just gets messy. No matter what I do with it. The more I try to fix it the worse it gets. I call it "bed head chic>"

NorthernChaosGod
09-30-2011, 12:49 AM
What the hell does that have to do with me? :Oo:

Pumpkin
09-30-2011, 12:52 AM
...nothing...
:)

fire_of_avalon
09-30-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm not sure. I think I want it straight.
I forbid it my curly headed brother.

I keep mine long. It's naturally wavy/curly and I like to keep it that way. I used to straighten it occasionally but I don't even have a blow dryer anymore, so nop. I used to put highlights and streaks of varying colors in it, but now I let it stay dirty blonde/golden brown/whatever you want to call it.

People tell me it's nice. I think long hair on anyone is sexy and I need all the help I can get, so I keep it long. It could use a trim, though. I got some fuzzy ends going.

Shiny
09-30-2011, 10:02 AM
What the hell does that have to do with me? :Oo:
Well, you did offer to blow her for crack money.

NorthernChaosGod
09-30-2011, 02:53 PM
I don't see how that's related. :colbert:

Araciel
09-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Seeing as how it's basically ringlettes if it passes an inch or two, I keep it closely cropped to my scalp - I clip it myself with the ol' #1 on electric trimmer every couple of weeks. wash it with just water daily and barsoap or shampoo or somesuch every few days.

Peegee
09-30-2011, 05:52 PM
I don't see how that's related. :colbert:

if the shoe fits

Freya
09-30-2011, 07:07 PM
I recently dyed mine black but now it's faded to a dark brown. I have long curly hair. I'm trying to grow it out really long. But of course, that takes time! I can't do any fancy haircuts because, as other curly haired members know, it'll just end up curly anyway.

rubah
09-30-2011, 09:08 PM
my hair looks roughly like the triangle head lady from Dilbert

Peegee
09-30-2011, 09:16 PM
my hair looks roughly like the triangle head lady from Dilbert

CANNOT UNSEE

protip - my graffiti spray (you can spray a jpg or gif of anything you want) in left 4 dead is Alice

NorthernChaosGod
09-30-2011, 10:33 PM
I recently dyed mine black but now it's faded to a dark brown. I have long curly hair. I'm trying to grow it out really long. But of course, that takes time! I can't do any fancy haircuts because, as other curly haired members know, it'll just end up curly anyway.
Have it chemically straightened?

Araciel
09-30-2011, 11:15 PM
wig.

Shlup
09-30-2011, 11:37 PM
I keep mine fairly long and its natural color. Before I go out I usually run a straightening iron through it.

G13
09-30-2011, 11:41 PM
Long and unkempt usually.

starlet
10-01-2011, 04:14 AM
I havent seen my natural hair color since I was about 13 I think. I used to go with bright stop-sign reds but now I either go with a chocolate brown or auburn color. My most recent endeavors..I put some purple peek-a-boo highlights through my bangs. I wanna take pictures before it fades but I can't find my battery charger for my camera and I really need to get it cut.

Rantz
10-01-2011, 09:02 AM
I shampoo and condition and brush and then mess it up just a little so it isn't too neat. Other than that I don't do anything with it, but last night my cousin gave me French braids on both sides.

Chris
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Crew cut. Have been cropping it for over ten years now, and I trim it every day.

Freya
10-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Have it chemically straightened?

But then it wouldn't be curly o.o Curly hair is cool. Straight hair is for dweebs.

NorthernChaosGod
10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
-____-

Pike
10-01-2011, 08:26 PM
My straight hair is one of my favorite aspects of myself. It's no-nonsense, straightforward, and matches the hair style of dozens of scifi women before me. Most of whom were Vulcans or androids. Which I'm okay with, because I want to be one of them.

Araciel
10-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Spock sucks cause he's part human.. lawl

Jiro
10-03-2011, 06:18 AM
I don't do anything with my hair because when I wake up it is fabulous. Also whenever I try and do anything with it, it fails miserably :greenie:

sharkythesharkdogg
10-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I have hair. I wash it, and towel dry it. Occasionally I will get it cut. The end.

Brunettepudding
10-04-2011, 07:39 PM
I have long curly hair. I wash it daily and if I feel like it, straighten the living hell out of it. When I'm lazy, I put a bobby pin on the right to keep it out of my eyes. I dyed it reddish last month, then let it fade because I figured, if I was meant to be a redhead, I would've been born that way. That, and I just can't be arsed to dye it every 6 weeks.

NorthernChaosGod
10-04-2011, 09:57 PM
I have long curly hair. I wash it daily and if I feel like it, straighten the living hell out of it. When I'm lazy, I put a bobby pin on the right to keep it out of my eyes. I dyed it reddish last month, then let it fade because I figured, if I was meant to be a redhead, I would've been born that way. That, and I just can't be arsed to dye it every 6 weeks.
As long as you don't cut it. :bigsmile:

sharkythesharkdogg
10-05-2011, 01:18 AM
As long as you don't cut it. :bigsmile:

True. Long hair is gorgeous.

Jiro
10-07-2011, 05:04 AM
I have hair. I wash it, and towel dry it. Occasionally I will get it cut. The end.

I just want to high five you for this man. Do we have a high five smiley? :hi5:! Probably not.

My hair is currently at a very awesome length and so everyday is a good hair day :)

fire_of_avalon
10-07-2011, 05:41 AM
Today my hair was really bugging me and I almost took a pair of blunt scissors to it in my office.

Does anyone else ever go that kind of crazy? In 2007 I went from having waist length hair to chin length hair because I went a little crazy.

CimminyCricket
10-07-2011, 05:44 AM
I shave my head one a week. I feel like I'm going to regret come winter.

Pike
10-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Today my hair was really bugging me and I almost took a pair of blunt scissors to it in my office.

Does anyone else ever go that kind of crazy? In 2007 I went from having waist length hair to chin length hair because I went a little crazy.

Not quite to that extent, but I cannot STAND the feeling of hair on the back of my neck and shoulders. This is why I gleefully chop it off every few months.

Rantz
10-07-2011, 07:59 PM
Got my long hair cut off today! Pics later.

NorthernChaosGod
10-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Got my long hair cut off today! Pics later.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SolarGirl
10-08-2011, 09:42 PM
My hair right now is almost shoulder length in back, fairly short in the front. I had to go to a barber after trying to cut it myself. It makes me look like a boy with a girlish haircut (I actually kinda like it).

APolaris
10-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Mine is naturally a dark red like the color of blood. Unfortunately, it's also ultra-thick and tends to keep itself short, even when I want it to grow long. In fact, I wanted to get it shoulder length and go for the Bill Weasley look a few years ago, and instead after about 6 months without a haircut, it just reached my ears, then curled at the ends. After that I just gave up. I can't get it semi-straight either... heck, I can't even brush/comb it unless it's soaking wet.

Pike
10-08-2011, 11:48 PM
Weasley

Pictures please. :shobon:

NorthernChaosGod
10-09-2011, 06:39 AM
Mine is naturally a dark red like the color of blood. Unfortunately, it's also ultra-thick and tends to keep itself short, even when I want it to grow long. In fact, I wanted to get it shoulder length and go for the Bill Weasley look a few years ago, and instead after about 6 months without a haircut, it just reached my ears, then curled at the ends. After that I just gave up. I can't get it semi-straight either... heck, I can't even brush/comb it unless it's soaking wet.
Do you have a Brillo pad for hair or what?

Araciel
10-09-2011, 04:08 PM
I propose we all shave our heads and drink the punch.:kakapo:

Jiro
10-10-2011, 03:55 AM
We should totally set our hair on fire so that BoB can't clone us.

NorthernChaosGod
10-10-2011, 05:00 AM
I like the idea. Except the part where I light my hair on fire.

Jiro
10-10-2011, 05:53 AM
Not while it's attached to us. Actually no let's do that. Our hair will be made of fire.

CimminyCricket
10-10-2011, 06:30 AM
This is the kind of stuff my therapist told me to stay away from. Jiro is the reason I shave my head.

NorthernChaosGod
10-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Not while it's attached to us. Actually no let's do that. Our hair will be made of fire.
http://i53.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/4u6g3r.jpg

Loony BoB
10-10-2011, 12:40 PM
What do I do with my hair? I wash it, I get it cut every two to four months (depending on the season) and I run my hands through it when it annoys me. Anything else is completly unneccessary.

Jiro
10-10-2011, 01:29 PM
This is the kind of stuff my therapist told me to stay away from. Jiro is the reason I shave my head.

It warms my heart and my fire hair to know that I made such a big impact on your life :)

fire_of_avalon
10-10-2011, 11:44 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v139/MeganTheFeisty/hair.jpg

That's a picture of my head.

Jiro
10-11-2011, 04:15 AM
I want to make a joke but it's foa so the next photo would be of my head, beaten to a pulp.

You got a lotta hair though :o

NorthernChaosGod
10-11-2011, 05:46 AM
You have a pretty head, foa.