PDA

View Full Version : Nickolodeon casting lounge... is the size of a SHED?!

MJN SEIFER
09-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Whenever Nick produces a new show - it always involves at least one of the same people!

Del Murder
09-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I haven't watched a Nick show in about 15 years. How old are you?

MJN SEIFER
09-30-2011, 11:34 PM
I haven't watched a Nick show in about 15 years. How old are you? 24, I'm just open minded and watch whatever I feel like :p including children's shows. Especially ones I used to watch as an actual kid.

I do actually like some of the new Nick shows, it's just I think it's a bit strange that they keep reusing the same actors.

Del Murder
09-30-2011, 11:40 PM
But don't these actors grow up and then no longer be relevant for a kids show? Kenan Thompson for example. He got old and now he's on SNL.

MJN SEIFER
10-01-2011, 12:01 AM
But don't these actors grow up and then no longer be relevant for a kids show? Kenan Thompson for example. He got old and now he's on SNL. Well I guess that answers those old rumors that he and Kel were supposed to be dead! (Incidentally Kenan and Kel is now being reran on Nick weekly and I still enjoy watching it). I guess once they get to a certain age they stop appearing on the shows as frequently as the did if at all. Back in the old days people would hardly appear in other shows so close together. Since you used Kenan as an example, he and Kel made one guest apperance in Sister Sister, but that was just one episode. These days people seem to be appearing in left right and center. The iCarly cast (one of the shows I watch) seem to be appearing in every other series, and people from other shows seem to be appearing in theirs. Carly herself (the actress not the character) is actual from Drake and Josh as well. It's like their trying to get these kids to do everything before they're too old or something.

Del Murder
10-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Well, most child actors don't really cut it as adults. So maybe they're trying to get as much as they can before they have to enter the real world.

MJN SEIFER
10-01-2011, 12:26 AM
Well, most child actors don't really cut it as adults. So maybe they're trying to get as much as they can before they have to enter the real world.
I guess so. The problem is closed minded people tend to get sick of them quicker that way, which is a shame.

Pheesh
10-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Nick was dead to me the moment they cancelled Invader Zim.

MJN SEIFER
10-01-2011, 01:49 AM
Nick was dead to me the moment they cancelled Invader Zim. It recently got repeated on Nicktoons, but not anymore since Nicktoons is now 96% Spongebob!

Freya
10-01-2011, 07:57 PM
You didn't know kenan was on SNL? He's been there for a little while now. It seems you only watch the kids shows huh.....

Raian the Fallen
10-01-2011, 11:58 PM
I noticed that too. Worse, their actors are exactly the opposite of funny. Maybe it's because I've outgrown Nick or something.

MJN SEIFER
10-07-2011, 08:43 PM
What channel does SNL air on?

To me iCarly is pretty close to classic Nick, and reminds me of SOMETHING I used to watch as a kid, but at the moment I can't think what it is...

Ironically Keanan's making a guest appearance on it as we speak.

Freya
10-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Saturday Night Live has been coming on NBC since 1975 o.o

MJN SEIFER
10-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Saturday Night Live has been coming on NBC since 1975 o.o I don't get NBC.

Shlup
10-07-2011, 11:05 PM
There aren't many non-cartoon kids' shows I enjoy. Just stuff like Mister Rogers and Sesame Street.

Nick was dead to me the moment they cancelled Invader Zim.
Same. Though they did give Adventure Time a decent start. Maybe.

rubah
10-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Saturday Night Live has been coming on NBC since 1975 o.o I don't get NBC.
NBC is an over-the-air network in the US, but they have a lot of stuff online, Saturday Night Live - Saturday Night Live : Season 36 - Videos - NBC.com (http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/categories/season-36/1251412/) and here it is on hulu Saturday Night Live - Full Episodes and Clips streaming online - Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/saturday-night-live)

APolaris
10-09-2011, 05:57 PM
... Nickelodeon still exists? Huh, weird. I remember watching a few shows on it when I was like 8 or 9, and then I forgot about it. Kinda figured it'd be dead by now.

Shiny
10-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Nick stopped being cool after like 2001. It has less to do with us aging and more to do with the quality of their shows getting worse and worse.

Jiro
10-10-2011, 01:25 PM
I never got it growing up so visiting someone's place who had it was awesome. Then it wasn't so awesome because I was older and the shows were rubbish. Cheez TV was superior anyway.

APolaris
10-10-2011, 08:26 PM
I don't quite remember it too well, but I do remember a few shows I watched in elementary school. I believe Are You Afraid of the Dark, You Can't Do That On Television, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Doug, and Ren & Stimpy were all on Nick, right? Only the first of those was ever near my favorite shows list, though.

MJN SEIFER
10-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Nick stopped being cool after like 2001. It has less to do with us aging and more to do with the quality of their shows getting worse and worse.

I still enjoy some of their shows though.

Del Murder
10-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't quite remember it too well, but I do remember a few shows I watched in elementary school. I believe Are You Afraid of the Dark, You Can't Do That On Television, Salute Your Shorts, Hey Dude, Doug, and Ren & Stimpy were all on Nick, right? Only the first of those was ever near my favorite shows list, though.
All those shows were awesome! Well, maybe not Doug.

APolaris
10-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Doug was probably the best cartoon they had, because kids could at least relate to it, learn from it, and enjoy it at the same time. I can't say the same for Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, or the others my younger brothers used to watch.

Del Murder
10-11-2011, 02:03 AM
Maybe that's why I didn't like it. ;)

NorthernChaosGod
10-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Some of the girls they have are hot.

Del Murder
10-11-2011, 06:10 AM
On Doug? That's gross, man.

NorthernChaosGod
10-11-2011, 06:33 AM
What? Shut up. On Nickelodeon now. :colbert: