PDA

View Full Version : Restart for completion reasons?

Raian the Fallen
10-01-2011, 06:53 AM
I'm about halfway through Disc 3 (Aquired Ragnarok) when I realized I missed the Battle Meter. In fact, I didn't even know it existed until I started looking for missables in FF8.

So, should I restart the game and nab the meter? Or should I just continue on without it? I also missed the Occult Fan II and III, the Pet Nametag, and a few other little items that I need for 100%.

If I really tried to exploit the Junction system, how long do you reckon it'll take to cruise to where I am now?

Carl the Llama
10-01-2011, 10:21 AM
To get to the level and skill your at now is a piece of cake, if you didn't know you can set specific abilities for your GF's to learn, several of which are magic refine abilities, which Quezacotles cad mod ability you can mod your high level GF cards into great items then take those items and mod them into powerful magics, also another great tip (if you are willing to wait) is that when your given the Magic Lamp don't use it right away, instead wait till all your party members reach an average level of 30 then use it, why 30? because you can draw the powerful magics Holy and Flare, so you can pretty much devastate anything from that point on if you junction them to Squall's strength stat and HP stat.

With regards to how worth it that is is entirely up to you, I know I had to restart my game the first time I played it but that was because my brother stupidly saved over my file.

Raian the Fallen
10-01-2011, 10:32 AM
To get to the level and skill your at now is a piece of cake, if you didn't know you can set specific abilities for your GF's to learn, several of which are magic refine abilities, which Quezacotles cad mod ability you can mod your high level GF cards into great items then take those items and mod them into powerful magics, also another great tip (if you are willing to wait) is that when your given the Magic Lamp don't use it right away, instead wait till all your party members reach an average level of 30 then use it, why 30? because you can draw the powerful magics Holy and Flare, so you can pretty much devastate anything from that point on if you junction them to Squall's strength stat and HP stat.
Yeah; this is my second playthrough, the first being ages ago. Thanks for letting me know though about the other tips.

I read that if you manage to defeat the CC Group by the end of Disc 3, they will board the Ragnarok and you'll be able to challenge them for any rare character cards you might have missed. How difficult is it to win the cards from them? I'd hate to refine an awesome GF card, only to find that my chances of winning it back is pretty much slim to none.

Anywho, thanks for the response. I appreciate it.

With regards to how worth it that is is entirely up to you, I know I had to restart my game the first time I played it but that was because my brother stupidly saved over my file.
Sucks. :/ This happened with my original Final Fantasy VII save. I never forgave him, lol.

Mirage
10-01-2011, 12:51 PM
You'd probably manage to get back to disc 3 in like a day or two if you exploited junctions and magic refinement. You'd have to not fool around though.

Karifean
10-01-2011, 01:45 PM
The rare cards are relatively easy to win back from the CC Club, except for the ones that you get through the Card Queen sidequest. I don't even know if it's possible to win those back at all...

Lone Wolf Leonhart
10-16-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm a completionist freak when it comes to Final Fantasy. I got upset when I realized I had missed a draw point in the flying Galbadia Garden. I'm trying to work on making peace with imperfection, haha.

If I just started playing a game for a couple hours, I wouldn't mind starting over with a new playthrough. If I was on disc 3, I would be annoyed that I missed something, but I would just end up shrugging it off and saying "I'll get it on the next playthrough."

I'm like this with dialogue as well. I don't like missing a word from even the NPC's. It helps if you realize that it's impossible to read all the dialogue in one playthrough because some people ask multiple choice questions. Maybe there's some sort of equivalent to this for item hunting as well.

Jessweeee♪
10-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Well, if you're trying to 100% it's going to take a long time to catch up to where you are now regardless of how much you exploit the Junction system. (Also in case you didn't know, if you decide not to go back you can still get Doomtrain without the Occult Fan magazines.)

Jiro
10-17-2011, 02:14 PM
If it were anything other than the Battle Meter it'd be an easy "nah don't bother" but I loved that thing despite its pointlessness.

Raian the Fallen
10-20-2011, 03:43 AM
I forgot to post about it, but I went ahead and restarted the game.

I'm at the end of disc 3, farming energy crystals from those monsters in Esthar. Everything is perfect up until now. (Except for certain GF abilities and the fact that I have no Rosetta Stones)

Jiro
10-20-2011, 06:46 AM
That was quick xD