PDA

View Full Version : Internet Problems

Brennan
10-02-2011, 04:44 AM
Hello, fellow EoFFers, I'm here to present to you a problem!
My laptop can't get access to my router for the internet, it only has limited access. (Running Windows 7, btw)
My family's iPhones use the internet fine, and so does our main desktop, but my laptop is stubborn, and doesn't connect!
Any help much appreciated!

Raian the Fallen
10-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Since it's a laptop, I'll assume that you're trying to connect wirelessly.

Are the network card drivers installed?

Brennan
10-02-2011, 01:54 PM
You're correct about the wireless connection. And I have no idea about the Network Cards
But I did connect to the internet on my laptop before, but now it's giving me trouble, and only a "Limited Access" connection

Pheesh
10-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Laptops will sometimes have a wireless switch that needs to be turned on in order to connect wirelessly. I've accidentally flicked mine off before and then not been able to connect to the net until I figured out what was wrong. You can also try a connectivity troubleshoot which may tell you whether your switch is on/off or whether it's something else.

Iceglow
10-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Limited access networks is generally because there is either a problem with the DNS, IP or subnet mask options. Else the system is simply not gaining enough signal.

the latter is less likely because you were connecting fine before.

Check your recent updates, sometimes the updates cause problems where the network adaptor drivers get updated to ones not fully compatible.

Brennan
10-03-2011, 02:47 AM
Well, not sure what to say
But i system restored, and it's fine now!
Thank you guys for the help!
And my laptop's wifi switch is actually internal, I can only switch it on/off by pressing "FN" + F8