PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Season 6: Pitchfork Time *spoilers*

Raistlin
10-03-2011, 06:12 AM
Finally, the best show on TV has started up again.

Dexter: I know this is a little basic, but how do we know there even is a god?
Angel: *dumbfounded*

Angel: ... It all comes down to faith; it's something you feel. It's really hard to put it into words.
Dexter: (thinking) [i]Because it makes no sense.

*lol'd*

Shiny
10-04-2011, 05:54 AM
This season opener was fantastic. I'm glad to see they're going with the whole religion vs. morality theme. It should be pretty interesting to see how things pan out from here especially since Debra is back (note: Dexter & Debra got divorced irl)! Thank gawd. I saw the whole marriage proposal thing from Quinn coming, but I'm curious to know what the new serial killer is up to i.e. that guy from Orange County, Colin Hanks. I wonder if the old dude is his dark passenger or just using him to do his own bidding without actually getting his hands dirty. He may be part of a cult. Hmm...

Shlup
10-04-2011, 06:26 AM
They're gonna get haaaaate maaaaaiiiil this season.

McLovin'
10-05-2011, 12:53 AM
^Not unless they handle the themes beautifully as always.

Some funny scenes in this episode. Like when Dexter hooked up.

Hot chick: ima give you a bj! ;)
Dexter: I..uh...what...just...uh...
Dexter:*thinking* Shut up Dexter

:D

Rantz
10-12-2011, 03:37 PM
First episode was okay (well it was great, but in the context of Dexter a great episode is pretty average), but I loved the new episode. Brother Sam was great. Yayyy Deb!

Raistlin
10-12-2011, 10:42 PM
I agree that the second episode was great. Brother Sam is a good new character, and Deb being the new LT?!?! With her foul mouth and insecurities, her first few weeks on the job should be highly entertaining.

McLovin'
10-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Calling it now. Deb and the only black guy get it on, of course.

Raistlin
10-17-2011, 07:58 PM
It's just not Deb without jumping the latest new guy with some attitude.

And I really, really hope Deb rips LaGuerta a new one soon. She's insufferable.

Rantz
10-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Good ep, love it when Deb stops taking tit for a second and tells it like it is.

The teaser for next week looks inteeeense.

odranborg
10-24-2011, 08:08 AM
I..uh...what :p http://www.qhd95598.com.cn/us.jpg

McLovin'
10-25-2011, 04:52 AM
Thank you writer's of Dexter for reminding us that when life gives you a joint (by having it fall right into your lap), you smoke that shit. :D

Shiny
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Colin Hanks' character is such a pussy.

Rantz
10-31-2011, 09:42 AM
I know right, he's a total bottom. I'm curious about what role he might play in the end. If he'll be the underling Dexter kills first, or if he'll turn even more fanatic and maybe be the Big Kill of the season. Or if he even might have a change of heart, to whichever end.

Primus Inter Pares
11-02-2011, 10:30 AM
A lot of people (myself included) are toying with the idea that Almos' character is imaginary much like Dexters Dad. However I'm not entirely sure how that works out, and I hope it's not the case.

This is definitely the strongest start to a season of Dexter ever, well if you like actual character development and the style of humour the show is peddling. I was really worried when I heard they were making the show "lighter" but I realise now they just meant "funnier" and they've done a great job with that. I love that they have three great guest characters this season as opposed to the usual one. I actually loved Lumen and her constipation face so I am one of the few Dexter fans that believes the show is just going from strength to strength.

I think the way the series is going to play out from now on is: Dexter will continue to look for Almos' character without success, the next few episodes will be focused on Brother Sam and the series will end with Dexter realising that the real bad guy is Hanks' character (why can't I remember the bloody names) and kill him.

Raistlin
11-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Almos being imaginary was my first thought too, but it doesn't seem to fit. All those reasons Dexter had for thinking two people were involved, such as the two different styles of cutting, are not explained by an imaginary friend. I suppose it could be some multiple personality thing, but I hope not as that is way overdone.

Primus Inter Pares
11-04-2011, 01:23 AM
Yeah when i say imaginary I mean as in Fight Club more than I mean as in Dexter's dad really

Zevinity
11-08-2011, 07:58 AM
This is actually a pretty good season, so far. Much better than the last season. I'm not too fond of Lumen. But, this season actually introduced some likeable characters.

Rantz
11-08-2011, 08:55 AM
With every episode, the imaginary Almos theory seems more likely.

McLovin'
11-14-2011, 07:51 PM
This episode was awesome. Rudy was awesome. Ending was disappointing though. He went back to good too fast.

Rantz
11-14-2011, 10:46 PM
I agree, this was one of the best eps this season.

I wonder if his name is still in the hotel ledger? Or did he use a fake name? What other evidence might he have left behind? I doubt that sloppy kill is gonna amount to nothing, it'll probably come back to haunt him somehow.

Raistlin
11-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Rudy/Brian was great, and it was nice to see this very dark side of Dexter.

Dexter didn't leave his name at the hotel; he paid in cash and deliberated scribbled a signature. But I agree that that little side trip will likely have some consequences, notably the dead motel owner and the fact that Jonah now knows that Dexter killed his father.

Primus Inter Pares
11-16-2011, 04:18 AM
That has to have been the best Dexter episode ever with the exception of season finales. It also kinda quashes the fake professor theory a bit.

Rye
11-16-2011, 03:12 PM
Ungh, guys, tell me true: I watched the first two episodes of the new season and just was not taken enough to continue. Does it get better? Should I continue through? Because I was crazy for the first 5 seasons, and I really thought it was some of the best new media on air.

Raistlin
11-16-2011, 05:52 PM
It does. The last episode was really good.

So far I don't like the sixth season as much as the last two, but it's still the best stuff on TV. And really, those two are tough acts to follow (except for the very end of the season 5 finale).

It also kinda quashes the fake professor theory a bit.

If anything, I thought this episode hinted at it. "Brian" looking as if he actually did some things, especially Dexter viewing it as Brian being the one to stab the innkeeper, seems to lend legitimacy to the idea of a Fight Club-esque personality switch.

spearss91
11-17-2011, 06:40 AM
:kakapo: funny scene in this episode makes it much better to watch...

ericwills85
11-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Dexter is my favorite and Best Serial Killer Drama Show On TV and Season 6 is great far Better then S 5

Rantz
11-22-2011, 12:43 PM
It seems a lot of people didn't like season 5. I loved it. Sure, it was tough following the end of season 4, but I think they did a good job of making sense while still keeping it exciting.

But I will agree I think this season is better so far.

Also, did anyone else gape at how careless Dexter seemed when he just stumbled into the old church making noise?

Raistlin
11-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Yeah, for a serial killer who's an expert in not getting caught, Dexter is remarkably careless at times. He never wears as mask, he always leaves his cell phone ringer on, and he will barge into places on short notice with no weapon and no plan outside of "catch him and drug him."

And speaking of carelessness, keeping the pen from the remote motel whose innkeeper he killed? Now Deb knows he was in Nebraska, and Dexter could be in a whole shitton of trouble if the body is ever found and linked back to the time when Dexter was there.

Also, I really liked season 5 (except for the last part of the finale), so all the haters can bite me.

Raistlin
11-29-2011, 01:04 AM
A good episode, but not exactly a shocking twist at the end. For the past two weeks, the writers had really beaten us over the head with the idea that Gellar didn't really exist. The message on the wall of the hotel room made it explicit.

I did LOVE Deb standing up to LaGuerta. Man, I hate that conniving bitch. How about the revelation that Matthews was the guy with the hooker? I wouldn't be at all surprised if LaGuerta starting trying to inconspicuously help Deb to find Matthews so that she could take his job. Here's hoping they both lose their jobs and Deb takes over the world!

Shiny
11-29-2011, 04:09 AM
Never trust Colin Hanks. In Tom We Trust.

McLovin'
11-29-2011, 07:42 AM
Lame twist and execution. They could have revealed it in a way that was much more epic.

But I do look forward to a Colin Hanks vs Dexter fight. And it better not end in just 2 seconds with Dexter just tranquilizing him.

Rantz
11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
A good episode, but not exactly a shocking twist at the end. For the past two weeks, the writers had really beaten us over the head with the idea that Gellar didn't really exist. The message on the wall of the hotel room made it explicit.

I did LOVE Deb standing up to LaGuerta. Man, I hate that conniving bitch. How about the revelation that Matthews was the guy with the hooker? I wouldn't be at all surprised if LaGuerta starting trying to inconspicuously help Deb to find Matthews so that she could take his job. Here's hoping they both lose their jobs and Deb takes over the world!

Agreed, haha.

Of three twists this episode, the one I did not see coming was that baby-faced intern having the hand from the ice truck killer case. WHAT'S HIS GAME. I wonder if he's looking into Dexter's past and finding out more than he should.

Raistlin
11-29-2011, 10:05 PM
Oh yeah. It does lead to a big question. Is it a coincidence that he's an intern where Dexter works, involved with Dexter's babysitter, quickly started worshiping the ground Dexter stands on, and also interested in the ice truck killer? It would not surprise me if he had used his hacking skills to discover Dexter's extracurriculars and has been making his decisions based on the desire to learn more.

Shlup
12-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Am I the only one that didn't see the Gellar thing coming? I thought Dexter saw him both of the last two times they showed him. I did see the thing with the hand coming though.

Miriel
12-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Worst season EVER.

Every god damn "twist" was so freakin' predictable. I can't believe they drew out the whole Geller thing for this many episodes. Such bad writing. They knocked you over the head with it. Oh and Matthews was the one with the hooker? My goodness, what a shock!

And I hate how careless Dexter is this season. Really Dexter, you're going to put your phone number in a murder suspects phone? Ok. How about seeing a small enclosed space and decided to just GO INSIDE. And let's just run around the office building where a potential victim works and there's bound to be cameras. Ughghgh.

I like meticulous careful and badass Dexter so much better than whoever this character is.

Miami Metro brought the full retard into this episode too. INTERNET PROTOCOL ADDRESS, you can track those? Wow! Because you need an intern to do basic police work.

And if Dexter hadn't been deliberately sabotaging the police investigation, they probably would have caught Colin Hanks by now, and probably prevented several of those deaths. Way to go Dexter!

Raistlin
12-01-2011, 10:52 PM
Am I the only one that didn't see the Gellar thing coming?

Possibly the only one in the universe. The past two episodes were especially blatant in their "hints."

I agree with Miriel that Dexter has been stupidly careless lately, even for him (and he usually is randomly careless in order to further plot points). I do wonder how Dexter will deal with the fact that the last couple of murders happened only because he refused to do anything about Hanks.

LunarWeaver
12-02-2011, 05:18 AM
I have actually disliked this season a bit. I enjoyed the last one more. I'm one of those weird Lumen fans. They dragged that Gellar thing on and on, made it so obvious, then turned around and acted like it wasn't. Now I only have a few episodes left that will be covering ground we didn't already know was coming. I'm trying hard to just enjoy the show, but wading through some of these episodes has been a chore.

And yeah, Dexter is nearly just frustrating at this point. Not only with carelessness, but after Trinity for him to still stick to "I MUST SABOTAGE THE POLICE INVESTIGATION AND GET THERE FIRST"... I don't know, it feels like he grows and then regresses again, over and over. But what show would there be otherwise, I suppose.

Shlup
12-02-2011, 08:45 AM
I agree with all of the above points about this season. I come for the kill rooms, and there's been, what... two?

McLovin'
12-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Did it seem like Dexter and Debra were about to make out in the preview for next week?

The intern is a little bitch.

LaGuerta swinging her dick around is the best line in the whole episode.

Raistlin
12-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Dexter's insistence on continually sabotaging the police investigation is definitely wearing thin. He also seems to go on more personal joyrides during the day than actual work. I know he's always done that, but it's seemed even worse in recent weeks. And his little preaching against the intern's video game was painful. I'd want to play as a serial killer!

I expected things to start picking up 2-3 episodes ago, but that has yet to materialize.

Shlup
12-06-2011, 02:45 AM
I am so bummed by Dexter's selfishness.

chionos
12-06-2011, 06:11 AM
I'm bummed by his stupidity. It feels like character is being sacrificed to plot and I flecking hate that. Especially when the plot is not coming across particularly strong atm. I just hope it's all a meta-trick. The writers are tricking us into thinking the writing's deteriorating to get us off guard. Ya, that's it.

Miriel
12-07-2011, 01:13 AM
Dexter is being an idiot. It's also frustrating that the show seems to know it's not making any sense and despite this, are hell bent on following it through.

At some point in the season, I think the writers realized that Dexter's sabotaging made no sense. This wasn't like his brother or trinity where there were real draws for Dexter that made the whole thing personal for him. And so instead of actually writing a story in which Dexter is pulled in for legitimate reasons, they just repeatedly have the character say that this is so important to him, that it's personal, that the kill is going to be his. There's this weird disconnect between what the character is saying, and the things that are actually happening in the plot as well as character history and personality. They have him claim things like, "after all he's put me through!" except, he hasn't really been put through anything. Which makes this whole season so smurfing weird and nonsensical.

And a videogame where you play as famous serial killers IS creepy and offensive. Especially bringing it up to someone whose wife was murdered by a serial killer. Jesus christ, this intern. The way they've been shoving him down our throat this season, I'm sure he's going to end up being part of some twist during the finale. Maybe he's the one who finally figures out Dexter via his magical computer abilities, ie: being able to look at browser history.

Shiny
12-12-2011, 02:34 AM
These friggin' writers. I totally knew they were going to try to spin the whole incest thing. I saw it coming. I was actually talking to someone while watching the show and said for laughs, "they're probably going to try to make like Deb and Dexter are gonna get together and then twenty minutes later it happened with the whole psychiatrist thing MOTHER smurfERS. The only thing I didn't see coming was the hand thing as someone said earlier. That was just weird and not sure what exactly the guy is up to. My guess is crazed serial killer fan.

Miriel
12-12-2011, 10:15 PM
So much hate at the idiotic psychiatrist for suggesting that Deb has feelings for Dexter because they're not biologically related. FUCK THAT SHIT. Because adopted kids aren't "real" sons/daughters/siblings??

And the writers are assholes for making two divorced actors go down this dumbass storyline. It made the whole scene probably the most uncomfortable thing I've watched on TV in recent memory.

Raistlin
12-12-2011, 10:53 PM
And the writers are assholes for making two divorced actors go down this dumbass storyline.

I couldn't help but wonder if the writers are just smurfing with them.

I agree with the hate against the psychiatrist. Whether they're blood related is trivial; they were raised together, which makes them siblings more than anything else. And makes any (suggested) sexual relationship more disturbing.

I also loved how Dex was eagerly on the "let's help the police" bandwagon for all of... 5 minutes? And then it's back to "I must get Travis myself!" even after DHS handed back the case. Speaking of terrorism, I'm not sure why Dexter had to be so secretive about looking up pictures of Adam and finding his wife, especially considering his stance at the time that he was going to share everything with the police.

And anyone who did not predict that ending immediately when the EMT was telling Dexter about the possible side effects needs their foreshadowing meters checked (Shlup). The writers have been very blatant with it this season.

Shlup
12-12-2011, 11:59 PM
Children imprint a sibling relationship between ages six and eight, which Dexter and Deb certainly went through together. The two of them having "feelings" for each other is infinitely more psychologically fucked up than two biological siblings who didn't meet until adulthood. Horrid.

McLovin'
12-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Travis: I have the great Dexter Morgan! I will tie his hands and feet together with a shoelace and then make him explode! Ahahahaha! I'm on a boat.

Shiny
12-19-2011, 06:01 AM
Well it's about time Deb found out. So is she gonna kill herself because she's an emotional trainwreck or what?

Raistlin
12-19-2011, 06:36 AM
I fucking knew it when Deb went into the shrink's office about how she knew now about Dexter. I knew that she was then going to go to the church to tell him. I gave it good odds that the writers would try to liven up an otherwise boring last third or so of an entire season with the big reveal. Which it did, and certainly makes me very eager for next season.

Deb's sudden revelation about her feelings for Dexter seemed forced. Though Deb herself is an emotional enough of a train wreck that it's not too unbelievable that she'd jump right in after a suggestion from her shrink. Who's equally fast suggestion of feelings for Dexter was also forced (she can idealize Dexter and look for partners that remind her of him without being in love with him). And I still don't see how loving Dexter makes her wild rides of relationships make any more sense.

Primus Inter Pares
12-19-2011, 06:37 AM
Fuck all of you, I want Debster for season 7. Maybe killing together, maybe Dexter explains it away. Not going to spoiler tag anything because if you're stupid enough to go into a specific season thread after it's finished then you fucking deserve to be spoiled.

I think Dexter will explain it away in like a "He kidnapped Harrison, that fucker was going to die by my motherfucking hand." Pretty great season but not as good as 5.

Shlup
12-19-2011, 08:04 AM
I am not down with this incest bullshit. I am, however, down with this Deb finding out bullshit.

Raistlin
12-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Fuck all of you, I want Debster for season 7.

I just think the whole issue came up in a really forced fashion in the show. The mild distaste I would feel if they actually did hook up once would be outmatched by my amusement at the sheer outrage of everyone who cannot tolerate seeing something that they personally don't approve of. More importantly, though, Deb and Dexter working together would indeed be awesome.

I think Dexter will explain it away in like a "He kidnapped Harrison, that fucker was going to die by my motherfucking hand."

Deb's not that stupid. Dexter could have killed him on the roof instead of dragging him to a different location, wrapping him up, grabbing all sorts of tools, etc. A crime of passion it was not. I, for one, am hoping the full story comes out.

Last thought I realized only after my last post: why in the world would Dexter set up a kill room in a nearby place where people knew he would be, especially his sister, regardless of the unlikelihood of a visit? Dexter's fuck ups this season could last a lifetime.

Primus Inter Pares
12-19-2011, 09:12 PM
I think Deb has put Dex on this type of pedestal now he could bullshit his way out of this pretty well. He could say he didn't want to kill him infront of Harrison etc.

Miriel
12-19-2011, 10:00 PM
I've been waiting for Deb to find out for years, but this was a crappy way to do it. In a lame season with a lame villain, followed by a bullshit revelation that she is romantically in love with her brother.

It almost seems like a waste. The kill room with Lumen would have been a much better reveal.

And how the hell did Dexter manage to drag Travis' body all the way down the building and to his car? In broad daylight? On a day when the building staff must have been on alert for suspicious behavior. WTF???

I was hoping when they introduced the therapist that the therapist would help Deb see patterns in Dexter's behavior that would help her slowly realize that something is very off with her brother, and then lead to the reveal. Deb has been shown to have great instincts, except when it comes to really seeing Dexter for what he is. The therapy could have been a launching pad for her putting the pieces together, culminating in the reveal. They went a completely different and nonsensical approach. I don't think I EVER noticed anything in Deb's character except her extreme neediness this season that would suggest she was IN love with Dexter. It's like they just completely pulled that one out of their ass. And it just really annoys me so much that the show seems to be writing it off as being ok, simply because they're not blood related. Incest repulsion has extremely little to do with blood relationship. And it's totally reasonable for Deb to have extremely strong attachments toward her brother without wanting to fuck him.

Slothy
12-19-2011, 11:36 PM
I was hoping when they introduced the therapist that the therapist would help Deb see patterns in Dexter's behavior that would help her slowly realize that something is very off with her brother, and then lead to the reveal. Deb has been shown to have great instincts, except when it comes to really seeing Dexter for what he is.

This would have been a far better reveal. I guess you could liken it to any version of Superman where Lois Lane has to be told Clark is Superman. We're honestly expected to believe that one of the greatest investigative journalists can't eventually put two and two together. Same goes for a detective who's pretty damn good at her job. It's kind of insulting to the character to have them be that completely dense forever.

Personally, I'm hoping they 180 on the Deb loving Dexter thing as well. Pass it off as her confusing what she was feeling for him as love (or whatever else you want, considering her lack of healthy relationships with men it wouldn't be totally far fetched) and back the hell away from this storyline. Her coping with Dex being a serial killer is infinitely more interesting than her wanting to jump her brothers bones anyway.

Raistlin
12-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Given how forced and haphazardly this "sub-plot" was done (and I hesitate to even refer to it as any sort of "plot"), I can only assume it was put into the story as a vehicle to have Deb become even more idealizing of Dexter and to put her in the church at that time. I expect the romance element to take a backseat immediately once the next season starts.

That, or things will get awkwaaaaaard.

Rantz
12-20-2011, 09:36 AM
xD Well I agree with most of y'all. Having Debra find out Dexter through detective work would've been much better. And hell yes they need to 180 on the sibling love story. These last few episodes kinda makes it seem like they heard fans predicting what they planned as the ~BIG TWIST~ of the season, so they hurried that up and threw another quick twist in there instead.

Slothy
12-20-2011, 01:02 PM
I expect the romance element to take a backseat immediately once the next season starts.

That, or things will get awkwaaaaaard.

Considering Deb isn't a complete psychopath the writing would have to get unbelievably bad for the romance to not take a back seat. If there's anything more awkward than telling your brother you love him, it's probably telling him that after you just watched him murder someone in cold blood with the tools handy to dismember and dispose of the body.