PDA

View Full Version : [XIII-2] Pre-Order Bonuses

Rostum
10-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Looks like you'll be able to obtain some future DLC earlier by pre-ordering the game from selected retail outlets.

SQUARE ENIX REVEALS PREORDER INCENTIVES FOR FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 « FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 NEWS (http://finalfantasyxiii2.wordpress.com/2011/10/03/square-enix-reveals-preorder-incentives-for-final-fantasy-xiii-2/)

Considering you can get the first two in a future DLC, maybe the hardcover book would be ideal.

Del Murder
10-04-2011, 12:43 AM
The book would be cool, but I think I would opt for the Omega battle depending on what the future DLC costs.

LunarWeaver
10-04-2011, 02:46 AM
I don't want any of that shit http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/LunarWeaver/Buttercup_Poster.gif

Jiro
10-04-2011, 02:48 AM
North America only huh. Well smurf you guys :/

Rostum
10-04-2011, 03:09 AM
I don't want any of that tit http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i29/LunarWeaver/Buttercup_Poster.gif

Then don't pre-order.

Pheesh
10-04-2011, 10:52 AM

Ozgameshop tends to give you the same deals that north America get, they have the mad hook-ups.

Jiro
10-04-2011, 12:35 PM
Oh fuck yes :aimsun:

I Don't Need A Name
10-04-2011, 02:47 PM
So guessing Best Buy.co.uk and Amazon.co.uk will fuck us over and have nothing. I wouldn't be surprised..

nirojan
10-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Definitely going with Best Buy. The Novella is pretty neat and I'm glad we're getting it. The other two, while I would like to get it, are probably going to be on sale on the PSstore in a few months time so I'll just pick it up then.

@European guys bitching and whining:
You got collector's editions for the last couple of SE titles. You got Discount codes and special editions from the last few PSP games. You got a collector's edition of FFXIII (with soundtrack). You wanna know what we got? A F%*&KING POSTER!! And an ugly one at that!

We're SE's biggest market (when it comes to AAA titles) but Square Enix North America has been D*cking us for years!!

/rage!

Rostum
10-04-2011, 10:39 PM

Ozgameshop tends to give you the same deals that north America get, they have the mad hook-ups.

Man I am in love with Ozgameshop. <3

I Don't Need A Name
10-04-2011, 11:26 PM
@European guys bitching and whining:
You got collector's editions for the last couple of SE titles. You got Discount codes and special editions from the last few PSP games. You got a collector's edition of FFXIII (with soundtrack). You wanna know what we got? A F%*&KING POSTER!! And an ugly one at that!
That was paydirt for the rest of the games we never received. Eu has always been left out when it comes to that kinda thing. We never even got the original FF Tactics.

Loony BoB
10-05-2011, 01:24 PM
I would concede that NA get a raw deal... if Xenogears was released in EU as a pre-order bonus for buying FFXIII-2.

:(

Marky Tee
10-10-2011, 08:01 PM
i don't understand how this additional stuff when you pre-order works...does it come on the disc?
i'm confused now :(

Del Murder
10-10-2011, 09:14 PM
For the DLC, you probably just get a code that lets you download it. For the physical items, they probably will ship with the game.

I Don't Need A Name
10-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Okay, the awesomeness of the UK strikes again! Pre-ordering from Game (no matter which edition you get. I personally preordered Crystal) bags you a Steelbook Case, Episode One Novella, Art Cards, Omega battle and Alternate Noel and Serah costumes

Shlup
10-26-2011, 09:55 PM
What the fuck, America! You gonna let those red coats show you up? Ugh, I want all the things.

Loony BoB
10-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Okay, the awesomeness of the UK strikes again! Pre-ordering from Game (no matter which edition you get. I personally preordered Crystal) bags you a Steelbook Case, Episode One Novella, Art Cards, Omega battle and Alternate Noel and Serah costumes
Dude, nice! Thanks for the heads up. :D

I Don't Need A Name
10-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Unsure on what editions of the game the rest of the world gets but here's a breakdown of the UK Editions:
Obviously, a standard just game edition
Collectors Edition:
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_268810.jpg

Crystal Edition:
http://cdn.medialib.computerandvideogames.com/screens/screenshot_268805.jpg

Obviously, both editions are available on the PS3 too but the site chose to upload the images of the inferior edition (Trololol)

Freya
01-13-2012, 04:36 AM
I work for your friendly neighborhood game selling chain store place in america. So, i'm poor. Anyway! While at work today I was trying my hardest to find out what the outfit was for our preorder. We couldn't find on our computer a picture of it, which made me sad. So here I am on the handy dandy interwebs and it has shown me a picture.

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/2/2b/Serah_DLC.jpg

Well to find this I found out what the other DLC preorder stuff is and the northern Europe bonuses are cool AND A LOT. I AM JELLY! I have this love for preorder bonuses. I will preorder games if they have awesome bonuses even if I wasn't going to buy it prior.

Discuss preorder bonuses and if you're going to do so with FFXIII-2

VeloZer0
01-13-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm going to get the game eventually, but my plan was to wait a while for a price drop. I would only pre-order if I thought the bonus was worth more than the price drop.

Del Murder
01-13-2012, 08:46 AM
I went with Amazon for the Omega fight/party member. I don't really care much about costumes or extra books or whatever.

Silent Warrior
01-14-2012, 04:57 AM
I've been told Scandinavia gets a unique appearance for Serah too, but I don't have any picture of it.
Hm... Hey, here's a link to the standard fare ('basic' edition) at Swedish game shop Game.se: Final Fantasy XIII&#45;2 Nordic Edition &#40;PS3&#41; - GAME.se (http://www.game.se/acatalog/Final_Fantasy_XIII_2_PS3_Playstation_3.html)

(... Yeah, the text is nearly all in English, SO?? :colbert: Guess they didn't bother translating, the lazy bums.)
Summary: Two skins for Noel + Serah (unclear whether this is two skins each, or one for S and one for N), one FF13-2 calendar, a weapon for Noel, and Omega.
I suppose the Collector/Crystal bundles we get include the Nordic edition of the game...

nirojan
01-14-2012, 07:47 PM
I swear there's already a thread like this *checks* Yep and it has the same title (Capitals not-withstanding). Anyways im going to vent out on Square Enix North America while I'm here. I Pre-ordered the CE at Best Buy (for the novella), but I HATE SE NA!!!!! Mainly because Europe gets EVERTHING!! In Europe you can get The Collector's edition (an even more fancy one than what we have), Costumes for Noel and Serah, Soundtrack, the novella and these neat character cards. On top of all that there's a Pre-orer bonus for this badass STEELBOOK case. It's possible to get all this AT ONE STORE!

We don't get SH*T!! There are some store's that offer the Steelbook case, but BB doesn't. Gamestop/EB has the costumes and Amazon has the Omega monster (i think there's a bonus quest as well). I hate this f**king monopoly BS where we have to double/triple down to get all the pre-order stuff or buy it for absurd prices on Ebay. The STEELBOOK is only G1 in Europe. I've confirmed this with Youtube users in Belgium who already got the STEELBOOK ahead of time from the store they pre-ordered at. Heads up to anyone living in Canada, apparently the G2 STEELBOOK is exclusive to Futureshop (a website admin confirmed it) so make sure to get it there if your planning on getting the PS3 version. FYI G1 is the XBOX 360/DVD cover, G2 is the smaller PS3/Bluray one.

The time of Europeans loathing us in gaming is over. European editions:
https://member.eu.square-enix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/post-image/image_gallery/105/5b3f0648306e375d0ed249bbd0ba1807.jpg

Crystal Edition:
https://member.eu.square-enix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/post-image/image_gallery/105/0db36e781990959669d1e7c512ceec28.jpg

VeloZer0
01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
We get it four days before them, if that helps any. Depending on where your priorities lie that may be a better bonus.

Freya
01-14-2012, 08:49 PM
I swear there's already a thread like this *checks* Yep and it has the same title (Capitals not-withstanding).

Yes but this one is cooler because I made it and it has pictures.

Mahad
01-19-2012, 06:14 PM
So just help me be clear on this, you can't get the steelbook case/novella/downloadable pack bonus offer in the US? Only UK?

nirojan
01-19-2012, 07:43 PM
So just help me be clear on this, you can't get the steelbook case/novella/downloadable pack bonus offer in the US? Only UK?

You wont be able to get all of that in one store. Pre-Order bonuses are retail-exclusives in the US. You'll have to double down or look on ebay (absurd prices, STEELBOOK going for $40-$50).

Mirage
01-19-2012, 08:47 PM
I actually absolutely hate ingame pre-order bonuses. Give us post cards or stickers or something instead.

Mahad
01-20-2012, 12:16 AM

You wont be able to get all of that in one store. Pre-Order bonuses are retail-exclusives in the US. You'll have to double down or look on ebay (absurd prices, STEELBOOK going for $40-$50).

I have no intention of pre-ordering every where that a bonus is available, I just really want that bundle Europe is getting, any single bonus item by itself isn't enough to entice me to pre-order but all that stuff they are getting in a single bundle is definitely worth taking the time to make a reservation. Thanks for clarifying.

Ok, well then does any one know which retailers will be selling or stocking the crystal edition???

Loony BoB
01-23-2012, 01:31 PM
I actually absolutely hate ingame pre-order bonuses. Give us post cards or stickers or something instead.
I prefer physical things too, however if there are in-game bonuses, that's still a bonus, so if they're good enough then I'm game for them.

I've pre-ordered FFXIII-2 mostly because I like my "must have" games delivered on the day of release - particularly FF games, since going here has the potential to spoil so much for me if I delay. I just got the standard game, though, because I'm not bothered with things like soundtracks or T-shirts. I got the guide pre-ordered, too, because I was amazed at how incredible the guide was for FFXIII and this one seems to have the same number of pages etc. So that's good enough for me. :)

Mirage
01-23-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm a person who prefers that everyone gets the same game, regardless of which stores are available to them to order/buy from. But maybe I'm just crazy.

Loony BoB
01-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Super-crazy, man. Insane.

VeloZer0
01-23-2012, 05:25 PM
I'm a person who prefers that everyone gets the same game, regardless of which stores are available to them to order/buy from Communisim.
;)

In all honesty until they make pre-order bonuses that I think don't suck I don't really care.

nirojan
01-24-2012, 09:30 PM
Alright guys...I'm coming to you with a dilemma. I have FFXIII-2 pre-ordered at two stores and don't know which to Cancel. Lemme break this down:

Store 1: Best Buy
Pre-ordered the Collector's edition and the Pre-order bonus is the Episode-1 novella. And I also got a $5 discount so the total for the order (with taxes) is $84.74.

Store 2: FutureShop
Pre-ordered the CE. The Pre-order bonus is the STEELBOOK. It's the G2 size that's exclusive to Canada's Futureshop. The order stands at $90.39. Here's a picture:

Which order should I cancel?

VeloZer0
01-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Both of them and then buy the game at regular price?

nirojan
01-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Both of them and then buy the game at regular price?

I'm an FF-whore, I must have the CE.

Loony BoB
01-26-2012, 11:03 AM
Personally would take the novella any day. That's extra content right there. A different type of casing is not.

nirojan
01-28-2012, 02:54 AM
Personally would take the novella any day. That's extra content right there. A different type of casing is not.

Right that's what I was thinking, but I scourged YouTube for the CE unboxing videos and all i found were CE soundtrack unboxings. In the description for the North American CE, it only says "slipcase" and if SE pulls what they did on Deus Ex, then I'll be praying for the steelbook. That way it can sit comfortably in my living room with my Bluray movies and PS3 games, instead of having a lofty "slipcase" attached to the CE.

Plus, the steelbook is going for like $50-$60, but the novella has yet to arrive on ebay. I'm sure the book will cost alot less.

Hollycat
01-28-2012, 03:09 AM
just returned my 3ds to preorder a vita, not gonna buy any games for several weeks after they come out. probably.
I canceled my kh 3d preorder.

on topic. I hate preorder bonus. they usually aren't worth it, but when they are, it is often one item from one place and one from another, so you can't get everything. I think they should put everything in everyones game and for a preorder bonus maybe just add like more stuff to the starting inventory or some weather modes or something. I get that isn't much of an incentive, but look at the New Vegas preorder bonuses: 6 addon packs, including weapons, a canteen, armor, and unique crap that is only just now available to people.

U NO WUT? just forget it. no preorder bonuses for anyone.

nirojan
01-28-2012, 06:29 PM
@Looney Bob,
The STEELBOOK is valued at $99.99 (http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/square-enix-final-fantasy-xiii-2-steelbook-not-available-for-purchase-400100260982/10186335.aspx)

.Looks like they're pulling what they did for Deus Ex.
Square Enix Members North America Unboxing Video (http://youtu.be/QCKRGwkH6_Q)

I'm not keeping the entire book out in the open. I'd rather have a nice STEELBOOK, that will fit it with the rest of my PS3 titles.