PDA

View Full Version : Raptr

Raian the Fallen
10-04-2011, 03:09 AM
Anyone else use Raptr?

It's like the Facebook of gaming. If you've used Xfire, it also blends that into it. I really like it. Since I'm addicted to stat tracking (Last.FM, Whatpulse) the ability to track PS2, SNES, GBC, Wii, games along with PC makes things a lot easier on me. xD

http://raptr.com/badge/36f325b0b40156650d4374b5643ce73d/fs.png (http://raptr.com/satoshiraian?src=em_forum)

Not a huge fan of the signature, though, but eh.

Post your usernames if you use it.

Mirage
10-04-2011, 03:36 AM
How exactly are PS2 games and such tracked? Manual updates are something I think I would forget about after a day.

Jiro
10-04-2011, 03:50 AM
I've seen some variants but that one is one of the nicest looking ones. I signed up for it and took the liberty of adding you as a friend, but I don't know wtf I'm doing :greenie:

JiroHero is my name on there because some bastard took my LIVE username :argh:

EDIT: Of course it doesn't automatically track my play time. I'm too lazy to go through and update all the games, ignoring the fact that I don't own most of the ones on my 360. Ah well, at least it's a library :p

Pike
10-04-2011, 04:14 AM
I signed up for it at some point and then quickly dropped it because the client doesn't run on Linux and I do about 50% of my gaming on Linux. And if there's one thing that bothers me more than a lack of stats, it's inaccurate stats!

I just stick to Steam for game tracking, obviously it doesn't cover anything but at least I can get it running on 'nix.

Raian the Fallen
10-04-2011, 05:08 AM
How exactly are PS2 games and such tracked? Manual updates are something I think I would forget about after a day.
It's done manually. It is a pain in the ass, but it's worth it to me I guess. :P

Of course it doesn't automatically track my play time. I'm too lazy to go through and update all the games, ignoring the fact that I don't own most of the ones on my 360. Ah well, at least it's a library
It should. Have you synced your achievements and everything?

I signed up for it at some point and then quickly dropped it because the client doesn't run on Linux and I do about 50% of my gaming on Linux. And if there's one thing that bothers me more than a lack of stats, it's inaccurate stats!

I just stick to Steam for game tracking, obviously it doesn't cover anything but at least I can get it running on 'nix.
Understandable. Raptr's Boxhead - a forum admin - said that they apparently don't have the manpower to maintain PC, Mac, and Linux altogether.

"Times are looking more and more grim for a Linux app.
We just don't have the man power to support an app for 3 different platforms right now. I'll try and keep everyone updated.

Jiro
10-04-2011, 05:15 AM
Oh there are my achievements, I found them! :shobon:

EDIT: Or rather, very few of them xD

Raian the Fallen
10-04-2011, 05:16 AM
Oh there are my achievements, I found them! :shobon:
Very good. :)

Added you as well, by the way.

Pike
10-04-2011, 06:33 AM
It's done manually. It is a pain in the ass, but it's worth it to me I guess. :P

You know, I am alllllmost spergy and OCD enough to go through and put in every single one of my games and start manually tracking.

Almost.

But not quite.

Mostly because we currently lack the technology to reach into my memories and track specific gameplay stats throughout my entire life.

And yeah, I'm used to not getting stuff as a Linux user, I've just grown used to it and don't mind terribly! :greenie: I think I had an Xfire account way back in the day, when I still a Windows person.

Raian the Fallen
10-04-2011, 06:54 AM

You know, I am alllllmost spergy and OCD enough to go through and put in every single one of my games and start manually tracking.

Almost.

But not quite.

Mostly because we currently lack the technology to reach into my memories and track specific gameplay stats throughout my entire life.
Then just start tracking games from now, on. xD

Jiro
10-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Incomplete stats are horrible! :( MUST HAVE TOTAL KNOWLEDGE.

Pike
10-04-2011, 03:57 PM

Isn't it a terrible feeling? :(

Gamblet
10-04-2011, 07:31 PM

Isn't it a terrible feeling? :(

It is like the Big Brother is watching us... :glare:

Raian the Fallen
10-05-2011, 06:17 AM
For those wondering if it automatically tracks Xbox 360, it is possible.

http://old.raptr.com/sosayaze

My friend's Raptr. He only plays 360. :P

Shadowdust
10-10-2011, 03:40 AM
I love Raptr. It's a great little program that helps to spam my facebook with endless data about what game I'm playing. It feels nice to get back at all of the Farmville folk. :p

I'm also pleased that Raptr has an in-game overlay like Steam so you can continue chatting while playing your game. The only thing I wish they would do is get some voice options in their messenger services.

Thanks to Raptr, I am now aware that I've spent 1191 hours on Lord of the Rings Online. :p

Jiro
10-10-2011, 03:58 AM
That's a helluva lotta time :o

Pike
10-10-2011, 06:06 AM
That's a helluva lotta time :o

I had close to 5000 hours in WoW. :(

I'm much more proud of my 410 (and rising) in Civ IV

Jiro
10-10-2011, 01:19 PM
That's like 200 odd days :o

Pike
10-10-2011, 05:06 PM
That's like 200 odd days :o

Yep. My total /played across all characters was 190 days (or something similar) when I quit. :monster:

Raian the Fallen
10-12-2011, 07:22 AM
I've logged around 4500 hours in an MMORPG I will not name. :V

Jiro
10-17-2011, 02:39 PM
I wonder how many man hours I squandered in Runescape. I played the shit out of that game. Coal mining was tedious but I mothersmurfing did it.

Raian the Fallen
10-19-2011, 07:00 AM
I wonder how many man hours I squandered in Runescape. I played the tit out of that game. Coal mining was tedious but I mothersmurfing did it.
I can not stand Mining.

But I can stand Fishing, Cooking, and Woodcutting. Fishing really brought me to prosperity.

Jiro
10-19-2011, 10:48 AM
Logged in the other day (lol like a year ago+) and was at... that volcano island place, reminds me of Kilimanjaro. Anyway, obviously I was lobby fishing when I last played like half a decade ago. That game was the shit, I should take it up again in my...spare time. aw shit.

Pike
10-19-2011, 02:16 PM
I've never played Runescape. Am I missing out?

Jiro
10-20-2011, 02:23 AM
Yes.

EDIT: It's free so if you hate it you can quit easily enough. Also I dunno if it's still good or not, it deteriorated a lot since I last played. Got tit. :(

Anecdote: I remember doing the Shield of Arrav quest. They canned it because it required two players working together. wat

DMKA
10-20-2011, 03:52 AM
Looks interesting. Do you have to link it to your Facebook?

I'd rather not everyone know that when I cancel on them it's so I can play the game I just picked up at GameStop. :p

Raian the Fallen
10-27-2011, 03:32 AM
@Jiro: Karamja! That place is very useful later on if you're a free player. The lesser demons are probably one of the best monsters to train on, except for Ice giants or maybe Hellhounds in the Bounty Hunter Volcano, but that's deep in the Wilderness.

@Pike: It depends what your tastes are. I personally love the game. If you don't mind low-quality graphics (compared to today's standards) and grinding (this game has A LOT of that during the last few levels before maxing out a skill) then you might enjoy it. Jagex recently had a problem with bots and RWT, but they've seemed to fix the problems lately.

@Jiro: Well, the only large changes I can think of are the loss of the Wilderness, free trade, bots, and the change in appearance of the Dragon scimitar. The Wild and free trade is back, so...

@DMKA: No; you don't.

Jiro
10-29-2011, 06:28 AM
Well if they brought back the Wildy then I can go back to making money by PKing. Could be worth another romp!

(accidental derail)